First weapon model

swartsz

Hey swartz, its been awhile but im back... and your G36C is beautiful, I love seeing your art, everytime you show off a new step up of progress!!!

By the way, will you be making a HK416, or put any thought into it?

And ive got into modeling!!! and I want to thank you for that, seeing your art and my brothers got me into it. But Ive just been working on making worlds right now.

But anyway... you all HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!! :D:rofl::santa::yes: Last But Not Least :o= YAY!!

Hey swartz, its been awhile but im back... and your G36C is beautiful, I love seeing your art, everytime you show off a new step up of progress!!!

By the way, will you be making a HK416, or put any thought into it?

But anyway...  you all HAVE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!  :D  :rofl:  :santa:  :yes:   Last But Not Least  :o=   YAY!!

thanks a lot m8

and yes, i am planning on making the HK416, not sure if i can beat the model that Snowfella made, but i will give it a try. Not sure when i can start working on it though, i still have a lot to do before i can start on that one.

And ive got into modeling!!! and I want to thank you for that, seeing your art and my brothers got me into it. But Ive just been working on making worlds right now.

excellent! good luck and please be aware, it can be highly addictive... :D

If you need any help, let me know!

And a Happy NewYear to you too and of course to all gr.net members.

Here is a little scope i made a while ago, it is not completely accurate but i had to keep the polys down.

escope.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hey swartsz, would you happen to still have a pic of your first weapon model? Im curious to see it, because i havent. I'd just like to compare it with your most recent models.  :)  Im sure its still great, but, y'know!

sorry for the late answer, i have been away for a while. But no i do not have a picture here of my first weapon model. i think it got lost somehow when i moved all my stuff to a new HD a while back.

the best i have to show my progress over the last few years is this picture:

100p.jpg

You da man Joost good to see you back in

:thumbsup:

It is good to be back, I had a lot of time to think some things over the last couple of weeks and hopefully i will be able to show you some results of my "soulsearching" in the coming weeks.

also had some time to try the new RS6 demo the last couple of days and i do hope they will release a SDK for that game, but that is something for another forum... :D

yea nice to see ya around again for sure.

whats this "soul searching" you bee talkn about huh?

Lets just say i had to put some things in perspective. I was doing so many things at once i kinda lost the fun in 3d so dropped some stuff for another time and will just focus on making great weapons and one little side project.

• 1 month later...
Any more goodies? Also, do you have any good tutorials that can be used for GR?

not at this time, maybe next week! i am currently working on my version of the MR-C from GRAW and a little side thingy....

what kind of tuts are you looking for? for tutorials on how to make weapons, i highly recommend the video tutorials by Ichi, although not intended for use with GR, they will show you all the basics of polymodeling. just do a google on Ichi video tutorials and you will find them somewhere. they are all over the net.

if you need anything else, please let me know and i will try to find you what you are looking for.

I already pointed him to the Ichi Berreta 9000 tutorials a while back. :thumbsup:

thanks for the heads up Sup! Snake, please let me know what it is you are looking and i will do my best to provide you with some tutorials.

Nothing in particular... Does GR support Normal mapping?

No it doesn't support normal maps.

Maybe this will be of any help, visit www.sourceblog.org it has a lot of tutorials on how to handpaint your textures, some on normal mapping and other stuff that you may find useful when working on 3 and 2d. But you will have to register and be active on that forum before you can access the tutorials.

Another great resource is 3dbuzz.com, you will need to register but it has tons of video tutorials on 3d modeling, map editors like Hammer & UnrealEd and Photoshop aswell as vids on other sides of game-development.

• 10 years later...

WOW!! how cool is this? Just to think almost 14 years ago i was sitting behind my pc thinking about trying to make my first weapon model. really awesome looking through this thread again after so many years and thinking about all the cool people i met and the fun projects i worked on (although most of them never made it).

Great to see gr.net still up and running and the community alive and kicking!! :)

sw1.jpg

i still remember how prous i was when i released this first little mod and how many hours it took to make. lots of late nights without sleep :)

• Like 5

• 1 month later...