First weapon model

swartsz

thanks guys! terrible feeling, the flu. never had it this bad.

Sleep all day and awake most of the night thinking of new mod ideas, models and other things.. :D but everytime i sit down behind pc it becomes hard to focus after a short while. Lets hope those vitamins i am taking will have a effect very soon!

btw, i made that render as a little showcase for my new GR1/GR2 mod idea, right now it is still a work in progress. will try to make it a lot better soon!

The mod idea i have is one envolving the weapons of current day SWAT teams, both for Ghost Recon 1 and 2. the idea is to start with some high poly models like the UMP and try to lower the polycount enough so i can also use them for the GR1 part of the mod.

As for the models i am going to make, i will try to use the best and coolest weapons i can find in use in SWAT teams all around the world, like the UMP, MP5, G36C, Kimber Custom II, Beretta M9 and the M24. i am also going to try to recreate the weapons like in the movie SWAT, which i have seen 3 times over the last 3 days ( while laying sick in bed )

Right now this is still an idea i am having, will have to see how it will work on other models before i can/will commit myself to this little project.

more on this soon! :ph34r:

Edited by swartsz

Swartz: sounds great! you're gonna build quite the little legacy here.

if you liked SWAT, for sure check out Assault on Precinct 13. it was released in theatres here a few weeks ago. It stands on it's own as a pretty good movie, but it's also got some pretty sweet action/tactical bits in it.

Swartz: sounds great! you're gonna build quite the little legacy here.

if you liked SWAT, for sure check out Assault on Precinct 13. it was released in theatres here a few weeks ago. It stands on it's own as a pretty good movie, but it's also got some pretty sweet action/tactical bits in it.

never heard of that movie, but we are a little behind on new movies here in Holland.

All i can say about "weapons of S.W.A.T." right now is that will be all about quality not quantity and that the next model should be finished in a couple of days... :D

Awesome render, Swartz... Every time I see you're stuff you make me want to go ahead and get the full MAX more, though. :(

why don't you try to get a full copy of Max? i can assure you once you get the hang of it, it is an amazing program.

the idea is to start with some high poly models like the UMP and try to lower the polycount enough so i can also use them for the GR1 part of the mod.

You might want to get into using normal-mapping as GR2 will be using it ;)

lol....was thinking the same thing like 10 minutes ago when i was looking at this normal mapping tutorial on CGChat : Normal mapping tut

it doesn't look too difficult so i might give it a try on one of my models.

Awesome render, Swartz... Every time I see you're stuff you make me want to go ahead and get the full MAX more, though. :(

why don't you try to get a full copy of Max? i can assure you once you get the hang of it, it is an amazing program.

I already have the hang of it (from GMAX and the 30 day trial), I just need to get around to buying it.

I already have the hang of it (from GMAX and the 30 day trial), I just need to get around to buying it.

you are right, forgot all about your models, Sup! sorry about that.

Hey Swartz, it looks like it could use just a few more polys on the grip (I'm probably wrong, though).

A good texture can do it.

i agree, the most important things are on the grip and the rest can be done with a texture.

polycount of this model is 2086 with optimizing.

argh...

u beat all my models into the ground. For a while there I didnt even open 3ds for about 6 months, and when i finally did i dediced i was going to make a colt 45. well needless to say it didnt work.

Please do not get discouraged by looking at my models, m8! if only you knew how many times i deleted this model to start all over again because i wasn't happy with it.