irreconcilable differences

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is you are just another branch of the market to exploit and actually a smaller gross income than the SP market. Hell how much do you reckon MP GR players spent over the last 5 years compared to people who play SP and have to buy a new game every couple of months?

So you're one of those guys that doesn't play m/p so you could care less whether or not that side of the GR market is fulfilled. That's a selfish little world you live in.

Ruggbutt, Get your fact straight before commenting m8. Ask anyone at Team GRNET, I'm the guy that DOESN'T play SP. I only ever completed 2 missions in [GR], it just aint my thing.

Have a look who it was who started the MP CO-OP wishlist thats pinned in this forum.

I was just pointing out a FACT, not stating my personal preference.

As a coop player, I think this game and others, played right, help bring us all together.

As far as the COOP player having received the game we wanted, obviously NOX hasn't spent enough time reading others thoughts in the forums. In my opinion as far as who got the bigger shaft, it was the COOP player.

Yes, what better to bring cultures and induhviduals together than picking up arms and blasting people with bullets and hand grenades... aaah. [cue music - "I'd like to buy the world a coke"...]

Didn't Russia and the US fight together against Germany not so long before the Russians and US fell into the nuclear standoff that was the cold war?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.... until that battle is over.

Edited by tangovictor

Yes, what better to bring cultures and induhviduals together than picking up arms and blasting people with bullets and hand grenades... aaah. [cue music - "I'd like to buy the world a coke"...]

Didn't Russia and the US fight together against Germany not so long before the Russians and US fell into the nuclear standoff that was the cold war?

Did some PC game just get more realistic than I ever imagined? Or is this a little non-game related? :blink:

Did some PC game just get more realistic than I ever imagined? Or is this a little non-game related? :blink:

Trident-za It's a strange world where people are people and some see GRAW as PooH and others see it as the sequel to GR1 but there all looking at the same book [or in this case game]. There are those who will never be pleased even if GRIN invited them to Sweden for a holiday and gave them 10mbit up/down BBB connection !!!!

:P

Those that are unhappy w/the game have valid complaints. The problem is those of you that refuse to see things for how they are and will stand behind the name Ghost Recon even when it's bugged terribly.

Fanbois are the reason that PC games are being dumbed down. Devs only need hear that all the bugs are ok and that you love the game regardless and there's no incentive to fix it nor is there any incentive to be innovative.

Those that are unhappy w/the game have valid complaints. The problem is those of you that refuse to see things for how they are and will stand behind the name Ghost Recon even when it's bugged terribly.

Fanbois are the reason that PC games are being dumbed down. Devs only need hear that all the bugs are ok and that you love the game regardless and there's no incentive to fix it nor is there any incentive to be innovative.

RuggButt I don't disagree with your point, everyone who is unhappy....blah blah etc.... no problem....... but there are those whom slagging off the actual work is a pasttime......rather than focusing on there actual complaint.... There are many examples of this in the FORUM and I aint going to post links to them.... just read some of the Threads your bound to find them....

The Developers were chosen by the publisher and that’s that !!!

The Developers have done a dam good job in the 18 months they had !!!

GRIN has stated and it was Quoted in this forum by 'Colin' I believe

that they released early due to pressure from Ubisoft NOT THEM SELVES.

There are bugs bugs and more bugs .... list them complain about them and fix them..

But It aint going to do anyone any good when people... and that's what I was referring too...

go around saying you should of done it like this and that and used a spoon instead of a fork and so on and on ... I think you get my point.....

sorry ruggbutt but when you read and read ... it sounds like a ####### girls frat party about boys or the likes... [ I mean they go on and on and on.........]

:thumbsup:

Fanboy is seriously getting overused these days. If you look through the forums you will see that almost everyone has stated that this game still needs work. There might be a few people who think it is perfect, but for the majority, we recognize the flaws. The big difference here is the fact that we see the promise and encourage the Devs to fix the game instead of beat them into submission with our "angry" words.

Just because I refuse to bash and or like you like to say " call it like I see it " does not make anyone a fanboy. They just have different ways of handling things than you. No one can truly say why we get unfinished products, or why the games are so buggy, everything we come up with is pure speculation. One day its because consoles are taking over and the next day its because the companys just want our money, and to be honest im sure we could find something for everyday of the week to blame the problems on.

We need to stop laying the blame because we honestly dont know the reason. The only thing we can do as a community is state what we know is wrong with the game, and hope that it gets fixed. If not then dont buy the products.

Rugg you posted on the other forums that have to do with this game about why the community is falling apart. Your not helping the situation with the name calling and so on. Stop drawing a line in the sand, because I refuse to side with anyone that is willing to demean someone to get the point across.

You think that by me complaining is demeaning? I'd say your POV is a bit skewed. The community is falling apart because of the fanbois. Because of the gametype fanbois. I've seen plenty of the coop people state that it's ok that m/p isn't finished. Then there are others who don't play coop but still back up the coop guys' complaints. That's what I'm talking about when I say the community is falling apart.

The complaints are legit and judging by the frequency of them they are a real and serious issue. You can keep quiet all you like, that's your prerogative. But to insinuate that by complaining you're being rude, disrespectful or demeaning shows that you don't have much understanding about how things get fixed.

One thing you'll never see me do is make a statement that cuz I don't play coop that I don't care if they don't fix issues that those people want fixed. Now if the rest of you "carebears" would just get on board...................

I dont think you understood a word I said, but that is ok. My main point was that you calling people names like "Fanboy" is not getting you anywhere with your arguments and is demeaning. Your complaints are valid no doubt, but just because someone sees something in a different light does not make them wrong or a "Fanboy".

Im not insinuating that you are rude because you complain, you have every right to do so, it was directed at your name calling attitude that gets annoying, because you try to validate your arguments by categorizing people into a group, and them blame them for the state of the game.

And just so you know, Im not sitting there quietly, I have posted on what I would like to see fixed and or added. Just because I dont have 10,000 posts does not mean I dont voice my opinion.

PS. Your last sentence just proves my point. More name calling to shame people to your side.

Edited by Judge_Recluse

there's a wishlist for MP, there's a wishlist for COOP, there's bug reporting, there's even a complaint department (or some such ######). post it there- ONCE.

The complaints are legit and judging by the frequency of them they are a real and serious issue. You can keep quiet all you like, that's your prerogative. But to insinuate that by complaining you're being rude, disrespectful or demeaning shows that you don't have much understanding about how things get fixed.

the frequency comes from people like you and about 10 others i won't name going into each and every thread saying the same thing over and over and over and..... i mean ######! for the love of GOD, we got it already! you have posts in all the wishlists stating what you want to see- fan-effin-tabulous! leave it at that!

is this game that terrible to you that you can't stop the bitching for even a day? i mean hell, others have said they are putting the game away 'til it's patched. you're doing that too right? so ###### already.

we all know it's flawed, we really do. we all know it's incomplete- certainly we do. you've made your point (repeatedly), how about taking a break.

the frequency comes from people like you and about 10 others i won't name going into each and every thread saying the same thing over and over and over and.....

Now don't make me spend a whole bunch of time with a board search to show that you are as full of it as can be when you say 10 others. I'll do it.:D

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it feels nice and kind of liberating not to be in the center of a bicker fest for once. ;)

I'm starting to have suspicions along the lines of Dai Sans last point. Perhaps UBI don't see any true financial benefit in making a game MP centric. I mean, apart from DS and IT I didnt spend that much on games since GR1. In five years i bought maybe Rome: Total War, FarCry and OpFlash. GR1 was 'that' fullfilling in MP.

Other single/co op player oriented gamers would probably buy three times as many games in the same period.

Could it be that UBI feel no incentive to give us the MP experience we want?

Doh.

As a coop player, I think this game and others, played right, help bring us all together.

As far as the COOP player having received the game we wanted, obviously NOX hasn't spent enough time reading others thoughts in the forums. In my opinion as far as who got the bigger shaft, it was the COOP player.

HUH?

You do realize this is a game right?

Edited by Sheldon_AS

I've seen plenty of the coop people state that it's ok that m/p isn't finished. Then there are others who don't play coop but still back up the coop guys' complaints. That's what I'm talking about when I say the community is falling apart.

One thing you'll never see me do is make a statement that cuz I don't play coop that I don't care if they don't fix issues that those people want fixed. Now if the rest of you "carebears" would just get on board...................

I for one even though i mainly play coop believe having a solid sp and MP adversial game play are equally important. as much as i want the coop to be fixed i also believe the MP adversial is just as important and also needs due attention. the key to gr1 was that all aspects of the game had solid gameplay value. now if only the next generations of pc games can follow suit...

To you guys who keeps saying that SP isnt important and that you only want mp , I can just say that you are really missing out. We spent the better part of a year making a great SP gaming experience for you guys and since you already paid for it, why dont you give it a fair trial? who knows, even tho its not excactly like the game you bought 5 years ago,you might just like it.

To you guys who keeps saying that SP isnt important and that you only want mp , I can just say that you are really missing out. We spent the better part of a year making a great SP gaming experience for you guys and since you already paid for it, why dont you give it a fair trial? who knows, even tho its not excactly like the game you bought 5 years ago,you might just like it.

Wille, GRAW is the best tactical FPS I've ever played, that's how good your SP is. Only the BIA series comes close. With its superb mission design, weapons modelling, pacing and physics, GRAW's campaign is almost flawless. It's better than GR1 SP. As soon as I've finished it I'm going to play it again. Thanks to you all.

Edited by Bahger

Too bad to see some people are returning their copy. I read a lot of pro's and con's, I can't and haven't played the game yet (my ancient but loyal rig can't run it by far), but my overall thought is that GRAW has it's potential and probably some patches, expansion packs and modding can make it what we all want (MP, CO-OP, SP etc. etc.). But I would like to remind you guys where the [GR] came with regarding the MP parts in the beginning:

[Ghost Recon] (TvT) multiplayer modes:

- Hamburger Hill;

- Search and Rescue;

- Last Man Standing and;

- Sharpshooter.

Ghost Recon Desert Siege (TvT) multiplayer modes:

- Domination and;

- Siege.

Ghost Recon Island Thunder (TvT) multiplayer modes:

- Cat 'n Mouse;

- Defend and;

- Behemothh.

And the modding community came with a whole lot of extra modes.

The same deal occured for the CO-OP side of [GR]. With modes like Mission, Recon, Firefight, Defend, Search and Rescue, Catch 22, etc. etc. They didn't all came at once. Give it some time :)

Offcourse people can say, yeah sure but that was the first GR, these modes were new in a sence. The next GR has to have all the modes plus new ones! Sure you have a point, but we all know GRAW isn't finished yet. GRIN was making hard effords to complete the MP part of GRAW. They didn't had enough time to complete it all the way. Therefore I would say, let them finish it and let us help them with it to remind them about the fantastic features and modes [GR] has. This way we will benefit from both the best sides of these two GR's and make the last one as it was meant to be ;):grin1:

g_2gun_t.gif Game on! g_2gun_t.gif

Edited by Toniezz

i understand that and its a good game, but i have the 360 version which satisfies my SP needs. I was just really looking forward to the MP side of things. Once you have completed SP thats it, MP is where the longetivity is

Edited by babydave

I was never really a SP type of person. Sure I play SP in almost everygame I get, but honestly I never enjoy it. I just kinda use it as a learning tool to get ready for MP because that is why I am here in the first place.

On that note, GRAW's SP is superb. Yes I have to alt tab ever time to put it in Normal status so I dont get keyboard lag, yes it crashes every now and then ( probably because my PC is old and needs upgrading), but when Im actually playing, I am pulled in and love the SP side.

What you guys accomplished in the amount of time you had gives this series a breath of fresh air, and cant wait till till the other side is complete. Although I kinda enjoy Domination, its not my cup of tea, as I enjoy the LMS no respawn type games. But as I said, I enjoy what you have given us so far. Thanks.

To you guys who keeps saying that SP isnt important and that you only want mp , I can just say that you are really missing out. We spent the better part of a year making a great SP gaming experience for you guys and since you already paid for it, why dont you give it a fair trial?

Uh, I haven't seen anyone say s/p isn't important. Abomb bought a copy for our server and I've been playing it. (Might as well do something w/that $50 since Dom blows). I'm 3 days into it and I've already been to the palace with the tanks. That's like 8 missions in or something. If I spent another 3 days then my s/p experience would be over with, wouldn't it? I'm playing it on max difficulty and it's not that difficult, I play smart.

I'd be mad as hell had I bought my own copy and went thru it in less than a week.

To you guys who keeps saying that SP isnt important and that you only want mp , I can just say that you are really missing out. We spent the better part of a year making a great SP gaming experience for you guys and since you already paid for it, why dont you give it a fair trial?

Uh, I haven't seen anyone say s/p isn't important. Abomb bought a copy for our server and I've been playing it. (Might as well do something w/that $50 since Dom blows). I'm 3 days into it and I've already been to the palace with the tanks. That's like 8 missions in or something. If I spent another 3 days then my s/p experience would be over with, wouldn't it? I'm playing it on max difficulty and it's not that difficult, I play smart.

I'd be mad as hell had I bought my own copy and went thru it in less than a week.

first off all, i think you are too much for me to chew so don't even bother bitching me around, you do so with every negative post you make,

i'd like to add that you do have some nice posts that are worth reading though

you may play smart and think it is a laugh, call it experiance or witts i care less

the thing i want to make clear is that you run around like you OWN GR with the gamers that make all these accusations and complaints (rightfully or not in essence)

but the one who OWNs GR and GRAW is UBI

we just got a game to play or not if it does not suit you

again i am not in to fighting or what ever over a game and the likes and dislikes, but you are not really supportive in any way here to make this a better game (this thread)

go to UBI and buy the rights (gr and graw) and see if you can make a better game

or shut up about the game as it now stands because we all have waited and all have our valid points but you just complain about things that are not in our controle, GO BUG UBI

or write some supportive comments that the dev team can work with

THANKS

guess i did bark up the tree i did not want to bark at !

Edited by sui317

I am probably one of those guys Wille is reffering to and therefore I feel the need to reply

to this. Single Player is important, it gives you a great oppertunity to familiarize yourself

with the game. But for longevity, MP is far more important than SP. MP is what keeps people

sticking to a game. Look the original GR for example, no-one nowadays says "hey man, I just finished the SP for the Xth time" even though I thought the SP of GR was really good.

After a while it's all about kicking other peoples asses. Still that doesn't make the SP

unimportant.