GRAW MP Q&A + screenshot

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Q WHAT MP MODES HAVE YOU INCLUDED IN GRAW PC?

A Cooperative lets you play the campaign with up to three other ghost players. One assumes the role of the team leader and issues orders through the HUD and tactical map to his fellow players, which they see as waypoints on their interface. This is a real evolution compared to games where a microphone is needed to play in coop. You can really organize your team with the tools of the single player. Deathmatch is also on the way thanks to an upcoming update (more to come soon ïŠ ) but the MP mode we are the most proud about is the Domination one.

Q CAN YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT THE DOMINATION MODE?

A Domination is an innovative new mode, featuring the control city block zones connected by supply lines. Each team starts at one side of the map in the first zone it controls. Zones are connected by supply lines, and are captured by occupying the zone for a period of time. Without supply line, you cannot control other zones, and you cannot get new equipment. When both teams are present in a zone, the ownership is challenged and ends with capture as soon as one of the teams overcomes the other one in numbers. This means you have to fight as a team and create a front to control the battle area. A good strategy will be the key in that exciting mode!

Q WHAT MAKES THE GRAW MP MODES SO GOOD AND UNIQUE FOR YOU?

A The MP mode of the first GR has been very popular thanks to the advanced strategic aspect and today GRAW PC pushes the tactic even deeper for more unique and realistic sensations. First of all, the maps are huge, actually twice the size of the consoles’ versions. The tactical map is also one of those strategic features that make GRAW so unique. In every mode you have to play as a team or you are a dead man, just like on a real battlefield. But if, at one point, your team need to disperse you can always see exactly where they are thanks to the tactical map (in coop) or minimap/status screen (in domination). The HUD is also an exclusive feature that really pushes the immersion of the player and contributes to create a real innovation in terms of gameplay. I am sure players will also love the scoring aspect of GRAW that rewards successful squad operations. The more you win the more you get to buy weapons and items to customize them. Last but not least we are one of the few using online physics. That means you can destroy vehicles or you enemy covers, which can make a huge difference on the battlefield.

Q WHAT ARE THE MAX NUMBER OF PLAYERS ALLOWED AND THE MIN PLAYERS REQUIRED TO PLAY FOR EACH MP MODE?

A In coop you can play up to 4 players, one leader and 3 team mates. The Domination, as well as the Deathmatch mode, is available up to 32 players at the same time and 2 players is the minimum.

Q WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS IN ORDER TO HOST YOUR OWN SERVER AT HOME?

A 512Kbits of data transfer upload rate for a server on a full game. The game interface offers an option to limit the bandwidth, so that players with a limited connection can still enjoy the gameplay with less destruction effects (although a destroyed cover will still be destroyed), and will not drag down the other players on the same server, who have a better connection.

Q CAN YOU GIVE US THE FINAL SPECS OF THE GAME?

A You will need a 2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent with 1024 MB RAM and 5 GB of hard drive space, NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/XT

Edited by BigSM

Wow, that looks sweet. This screenshot has a way more darker look than most of the other screenshots (probably because the Ghosts are standing in the shades).

Yeah, he said that there won't be any diamonds EVER in MP.

Wow, that looks sweet. This screenshot has a way more darker look than most of the other screenshots (probably because the Ghosts are standing in the shades).

Yeah, he said that there won't be any diamonds EVER in MP.

thats Mexico soldiers, note their helmet? oh yes!

Edited by capteenix

im a noob i know but where did you get this stuff and who is bigsm, he work for ubi or something..?

No, he has good contacts ;)

But anyways, this Q&A & screenshot was posted on the French Ghostrecon site for everyone to see. You just have to "travel" to other countries in order to get the info first ;)

Diamonds.....it should be a option, especially if the other team has all the advanced coms as well, could be an interesting match. It would really make the squad leader earn his combat pay..... :g_guns:

Fresh

i think DRONE, note red flash on map, i thing dorne is in use

!!! I love the olive drab bdu's ...nice change from the desert bdu's we've been seeing. Wonder how many different uni's will ship with the game stock?

Edited by Xeno

So death match isn't in the inital release?

And is there really only these three modes? Domination sounds like it could be intresting, but really its going to be a game mode played with respawns, and for myself personally, games with respawns never intrested me, and when no respon/no mode servers dried up i nthe community that is when I mostly stopped playing.

I cant wait to find out some more info about the multiplayer experince.

Hmmm... I'm intensely curious about this domination mode. I personally dislike most MP games because there isn't really any point other than racking up kills. The Domination mode seems to be a lot more interesting because of the strategic possibilities. It also seems like a gamemode that doesn't rely on the best ping or reflexes to be competitive.

GR1 used to have an MP mode (no idea what it was called) where each player had command of 3 squads of AI. I used to play this every Saturday morning with my brother and a friend - 3 humans, but 27 characters in the game shooting it out. Basically it was a test of tactical skill more than anything else. I rocked at this, and sucked at every other MP mode :)

I only hope there are enough people out there who can see beyond the usual deathmatch rubbish to see the potential of this mode. (no offence to people who like deathmatch - in South Africa we probably have less online gamers than 1 suburb in New York City, so it's really hard to find decent people to play with/against)

Edited by Trident-za

when they say "deathmatch" they mean 1v1v1v1v1v1....? meaing team deathmatch is already in the game when it comes out? or all deathmatch modes in general? :blink:

also concerned that u cant see your team-mates on the radar? maybe you cant if diamonds are turned on?

Edited by ig.

Diamonds.....it should be a option, especially if the other team has all the advanced coms as well, could be an interesting match. It would really make the squad leader earn his combat pay..... :g_guns:

Fresh

I just want to stress again that there are no diamonds in Domination or other MP modes, except Coop and that is only if they are turned on. :thumbsup:

D. Good post, intersting bits and pieces, although just not quite enough to satisfy, the many more questions that need replies.

Still Tit bits better than nothing yes. :)

I guess now we can start asking direct questions about MP. :yes:

If that's a co op ( the SS with the diamonds ) why does it have the domination mini map on the top right? The chat also shows people killing each other. This is definitely not co op.

Quite observant. You will just have to trust me when I say that there will not be diamonds in domination. That screenshot does not give an accurate depiction of domination.

Q  CAN YOU GIVE US THE FINAL SPECS OF THE GAME?

A  You will need a 2 GHz Pentium® IV or the equivalent with 1024 MB RAM and 5 GB of hard drive space, NVIDIA® GeForceâ„¢ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/XT

Is this to be able to run the game, or run a dedicated server?

If that's a co op ( the SS with the diamonds ) why does it have the domination mini map on the top right? The chat also shows people killing each other. This is definitely not co op.

Quite observant. You will just have to trust me when I say that there will not be diamonds in domination. That screenshot does not give an accurate depiction of domination.

Besides, Bo stated that there won't be diamonds in MP, so I trust him. Again lets not jump to conclusions based on one screen shot.

So death match isn't in the inital release?

And is there really only these three modes? Domination sounds like it could be intresting, but really its going to be a game mode played with respawns, and for myself personally, games with respawns never intrested me, and when no respon/no mode servers dried up i nthe community that is when I mostly stopped playing.

I cant wait to find out some more info about the multiplayer experince.

hmmm...I'm confused about this one. It sounds like Co-op and Domination are the only MP modes at launch? To me, no Deathmatch means no Team vs. Team.

My question is the same as yours...but now I think I see why they have not been talking about MP...and it really has me worried again. :(

Don't get me wrong...I think Co-op (especially the way GRIN has created it) and Domination are cool and important modes, but to leave out the most popular mode for competition, which is Team vs. Team Deathmatch, just doesn't make sense to me.

I know he said it will come in a patch, but that seems like it should have been the FIRST mode implemented, not an after thought.