Field Ops officially announced

Hatchetforce

So why can't someone make a good real world FPS tactical squad based shooter like GR, a multi squad intuitive command FP shooter set in current real world conflict zones, with large open maps. Not being able to pull the trigger is like foreplay without the sex.

So why can't someone make a good real world FPS tactical squad based shooter like GR, a multi squad intuitive command FP shooter set in current real world conflict zones, with large open maps. Not being able to pull the trigger is like foreplay without the sex.

This industry tends to go in cycles sometimes. I'm sure something will come along. :)

-John

• 2 months later...

Field Ops was mentioned in my June issue of Computer Gaming World.

Although Field Ops is largely a single-player experience, the multiplayer mode shines by letting you tackle opponents in "terrorists vs. field ops" scenarios. By far the most twisted way to kill we've seen: suicide bombing. The terrorist team has a suicide-bomber class with little more than a detonator as a weapon. Sprint (or drive) into a crowd, then mash the button in first person. Subtle it's not.

• 3 months later...

Considering this game's features and support for things like very large scale scenery -- if it's modable enough it shouldn't be very difficult to make a Ghost Recon like mod for it I should think... Though the out of the box game design sounds pretty interesting to me.

sadeyes.gif