GR:AW MP Co-op

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... guys, i will post the link that states there are 16 for CO-OP (as in 16 people on one team, playing against the AI.  That includes the 4 missions, defend, etc..  Terrirories IS against the AI (they keep respawning)).

I'm uploading it now.  It'a an interview with Christian, someone else, and a "Frag Doll, who sucks at GR."  It's 19:22 minutes long.  I will post the link as soon as it's done..... :)

:rofl::rofl: Nice

Ok, i'm not to big to admit I was wrong on this point (that's what you get for not looking at the console forum).

So if you can play 16 people against the AI in Mission mode And 16 people against the AI on 3 other modes then I will state now, for the record.

I will NOT buy GR:AW if the PC version ends up only allowing 4 player Co-op.

ok, is it on or track we are Struggling with? Oh, and while we are here, does the forum title GRAW PC VERSION give any little clues as to the intended content of this forum?

Walks of muttering to self :rolleyes:

I agree and hope as well with the statement below... Myself and many others in our clan, will not purchase GRAW if coop can't be close to what is stated below... Even half that number would be welcomed...

Speaking for many others, COOP play is critical (regarding # of players) if this game is to survive...

Since the CO-OP question is being posted, I'd like to repost my previous CO-OP plea...

A Plea for CO-OP Play

I know we have been told that there will be more than 4 co-op players on "custom modified maps". That co-op number is still unclear.

Co-op questions:

-How many Ghosts make up a squad?

-How many squads make up a team/platoon?

-How many teams/platoons can there be?

Bo since you clearly read these forums, please hear my plea. CO-OP play is very important and vital to Ghost Recon. GR1’s maximum 27 player number is one of the many attributes that has made GR1 so successful. When developers/producers talk about large numbers of players turning into a free for all, this confuses me. Sure in some adversarial modes this may be the case (I doubt it is always the case). In CO-OP, I guess this could happen as well, but that could happen no matter what (depends on the people playing). CO-OP is great because of its social aspects and the enhanced feeling of immersion in the game missions. Restricting the number of CO-OP players to 4 seems really backwards. It seems as if GRIN/UBI has not been paying attention to what makes CO-OP such an integral part of the Ghost Recon (PC) gaming experience.

In my opinion, CO-OP always allows the players to feel more immersed in the game world. After all, you’re sneaking around about to make some tangos’ day go bad. The tangos are going about their business, guarding, smoking, driving around, plotting and scheming, etc. Your team of 9 Ghosts (or maybe 3 teams) is dropped in out of ear shot of the objective area. Your team(s) sneak up on the objective. In a blitz of overwhelming force the objective is secured. Ok, so all the careful planning with the GR2 ATC (filled with GR1 maps) and good comms work doesn’t always end with a clean “win†or a “win†at all. But the planning, structuring, and team work make it so much fun to attempt. It is such a good feeling when you lead your team through a mission and everyone makes it back.

At the very least, please ship GR:AW with a versatile modding tool that allows for custom settings, like adding more than 4 players to CO-OP. Why not mimic the CO-OP offerings of GR1? I know GR:AW and GR1 use completely different engines, but why not allow the GR:AW (PC) engine to offer this kind of versatility?

silent_op

Edited by Stormin

I'll just toss my two pence worth in to add further weight to the sentiment (as if it needed it), but 4 player coop on GRAW PC means I'll still be playing GR1 when I am online, for the most part.

I mean, if it's only four of us in at a time, who to leave out?

Zero Alpha? Can't leave him, he's the only one with the bottle to lead a mission.

Cobblers? Can't leave him incase we need some cow tipping expertese.

Havok? Can't leave him, he's our top sniper spotter *cough*

Colin? Can't leave him, or else Deanne won't play

Deaane? Can't leave her (see Colin above)

NYR? Can't leave him, he's usually the last man standing!

Jay? Can't leave him out - you always need a modder along!

T1? Can't leave him out, he brings the buckfast!

Rhys? Can't leave Rhys out, we need a welshman for the victory songs!

Dai San, well he hates being left out so we can't have that :unsure:

etc etc with the rest of the squad.....

*praying for a last minute coop repreve*

I'll just toss my two pence worth in to add further weight to the sentiment (as if it needed it), but 4 player coop on GRAW PC means I'll still be playing GR1 when I am online, for the most part.

Zero Alpha? Can't leave him, he's the only one with the bottle to lead a mission.

Dai San, well he hates being left out so we can't have that  :unsure:

Rock nice post.

Very funny but unfortunatly and I have to agree you are right, if the 4 man team is it, in coop against AI then I feel this could be a decider in playing the game.

I cant seriously believe though that Grin, and Bo dont realise this very important part of the community.

I am very confident that this has been changed and Im probably one of the few that does.

I have a lot of faith in the Team, where common sence is involved.

Colin

I also would like to see an "increase" in the number of players in Co-Op.

(SWAT4...just increased their Co-Op from 5 to 10!! in their latest expak)

I think even 2 (or 3) 4 man 'strike teams'............which is what I read somewhere the Army is calling them, and three of them make up a 'squad'... would be awesome.

Perhaps..........maybe............they ARE working on this aspect.......... ;)

I am very confident that this has been changed and Im probably one of the few that does.

I have a lot of faith in the Team, where common sence is involved.

I agree with you Colin and the sooner we get some clarification the better. For me the coop side of GR:AW isn't so important, as player v player for me is where it is at, but most of the people I know are worried about this side of the game.

So are you saying you WOULD like to leave me behind?

I really don't mind the 4 player co-op. That is just what I am use to though. I don't mind them expanding the co-op number either, just dont push the date back because of it.  :yes:

I disagree I'm afraid m8. Like other gameplay issues are with other people I would be willing to wait if they could increase the number of Co-op players, it's that important an issue to some of us.

Bo,

I can't believe that GRIN would not be aware of the impact that GR1's current CO-OP play has on it. If GR1 PC had maybe 3 or 9 player CO-OP then 4 or 16 would be great. But since GR1 PC has 27 player CO-OP, 4 or 16 for GR:AW PC just has to be a big mistake.

It would be such an obvious mistake, that even the CEO of UBI would notice. :o

(ok, I couldn't resist that shot :P )

Again, I'll quote myself:

I'm confident GRIN is aware that 16 player co-op is... well...for...consoles . :shifty:

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Finaly its been brought up at this stage in the game ... good call as I didnt want to post on it initialy in case I got slammed as a repeat poster! LOL :P .

Yep, if this was a "weakness" for its online lifetime/lifespan and THE ultimate tick in the box of "everything squared up to be THE most awaited PC game", I would definately say that 4 man COOP against AI is the black sheep of the game.

If its a rewrite game/schedule killer then ummm, well ... I cant speak for that. That said, if it can be expanded up 8 it should be done, no question.

:thumbsup:

What I’m about to show is a new 360 trailer. I hope I can start looking at PC trailers soon. Look at this trailer and just imagine going on the single player campaign missions with more than 4 CO-OP players. The city fighting looks so intense, I can already imagine the moving through the streets with multiple teams.

Please Bo, give us more than 4 player CO-OP for the SP campaign. After seeing this trailer, I just can’t see how anyone would think 4 player CO-OP for PC GR:AW would be a good thing.

http://www.ghostrecon.com/uk/ghostrecon3/videos.php?video=0

silent_op

I tried the TvT play when the game first came out. After about 6 months, I was sick of "deathmatch" style play and constantly pitting myself against others. I actually left GR classic behind and went to other games for a year. Then one day, I logged into UBI and saw lots of people paying "co-op." I gave it a try.

THE WORLD WAS OPENED UNTO ME!

I lived and breathed UBI co-op for years playing alongside friends, instead of against them. Then I found out about comms (TS and Ventrilo) and co-op. Another amazing world of realism was opened to me. For those who haven't played comms and co-op and are strictly TvT, I feel sorry. You're missing out on an absolutely amazing experience. The best online experience is when you connect (physically, mentally, spiritually) with friends and play together something everyone enjoys...like GR classic.

The true co-op community is what has kept my interest in Ghost Recon up to today. The true co-op community is what has kept Ghost Recon alive.

And by co-op, I don't mean TvT or adversarial...

I really hope UBI/GRIN deliver a worthwhile co-op experience. Bo, you're reading this right now. I need my friends...all of them (more than 4).

I am sure Bo knows that we all want more than 4 people for Coop by now. I also know he has been reading this thread. ;)

Hopefully, Bo and GRIN will be able to help us out on that aspect, after all, Rocky did give good reasons why, but he forgot his sniper that hasn't been able to play in a tournament yet. :nono:

I am sure Bo knows that we all want more than 4 people for Coop by now. I also know he has been reading this thread. ;)

Hopefully, Bo and GRIN will be able to help us out on that aspect, after all, Rocky did give good reasons why, but he forgot his sniper that hasn't been able to play in a tournament yet. :nono:

Yes WK I knew this since day 1. :)

Can't comment on MP yet as I said in my other topic.

Yes WK I knew this since day 1. :)

Can't comment on MP yet as I said in my other topic.

Well I'll take that smile as a comment, I don't quite know what it means, but it is a comment!! :rofl:

in the mean time, anyone looking for some fun (up to 27 player) co-op GR1 can always hop on Alpha Squad's public server #2. Rules, IPs and the like can be found at http://alpha.websmart.ro/forums/index.php/topic,277.0.html