GRAW PC slips to..... sometime!

Rocky

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep seeing Serellan pop in and out of the forums but I have yet to BO anyone hear from BO lately?

Bo disappeared before, then reappeared the morning they announced the official release date, presumably for PR. Now that there's no date, it's doubtful that they'll want him in here. And if I were him, I wouldn't want to be in here either. It's not his job to clean up someone else's mess.

--Logos

Remember .................." beware the ides of March.........."

Caesar was done in during this time too!

and by a few of his loyal friends....................see if you stay in school long enough, you really learn valuable stuff that you can use later in life!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:thumbsup:

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/nid/2343/

Advanced Warfighter on PC slips into second quarter, and Untold Legends 2 and Field Commander slip into May, amongst other delays.

With so many titles scheduled for release in March, it seemed inevitable that some would face a delay of some kind. After the recent Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter release date shuffling, it looks like the PC version has fallen behind schedule and will now miss its targeted March 31 release. The game has now been given an unspecified quarter-two release date. The Xbox 360 version is a go for March 10, followed by the Xbox version on March 17, with the PlayStation 2 game hitting stores on March 31.

they have no clue what went on behind the scenes before making this decision.

Agreed. I was trying to say that on page 4, I think.

ADDED: Perhaps the reason UBI gives so little support the the PC community is how you react whenever they show something.

Every video has too much sliding, and every screenshot has an overly intrusive hud.

Console gamers have the sense to say it looks good and not make a big deal out of an insignifigant detail.

If they actually do release a demo you guys will tear it apart. Let alone the whole game. They probably just need this extra time to get their courage up.

It is important to see the difference between criticism based upon personal taste and constructive criticism in the pursuit of something better while the software is still in development.

and not wonder what could have been should have I said something.

I think everybody understand that, including the devs.

And if they don’t… Their problem not mines.

It is important to see the difference between criticism based upon personal taste and constructive criticism in the pursuit of something better while the software is still in development.

Agreed. But all I ever see around here is criticism based on personal taste.

Also, some of you might want to take a perspective pill and just ponder for a moment on just how much of a disaster it is in your life that a computer game has slipped a few weeks. Watch the news on TV tonight and see if it made the headlines.

Fair point, Rocky. Now that I've had my rant I do feel slightly calmer - it just a game. However, the "slipped a few weeks" bit happens slightly too often for my liking. This whole negative overreaction could probably have been avoided if we got more info than "we are delighted to announce another delay" type stuff from Ubi.

Seriously, who didn't at least think this was gonna happen? :hmm:

Also, some of you might want to take a perspective pill and just ponder for a moment on just how much of a disaster it is in your life that a computer game has slipped a few weeks. Watch the news on TV tonight and see if it made the headlines.

One of the most intelligent posts I have seen on a forum.

Sad day it is & i feel the pain like everyone else here,

But im just glad i have a x360 and i well still be playing it next week!

Everything I've seen so far, I'm betting on the x360 game being superior anyway. No offense to GRIN, but it looks like it's going to be a hard act to follow.

Of course, I never got my Xbox from gamestop. :'(

The term "Ubi-Soft" is now simply the punch line to a morbidly bad joke. :nono:

Thank goodness for Battlefield 2, or id have still been obsessing over GRAW these past few months.

Im now just waiting on my copy of TOCA Race Driver 3 which has already been shipped. Thank you Codemasters for showing game developers how it should be done. Shipping an "A" list title on-time and only charging $35 USD for it. :thumbsup:

And another bit of perspective:

NOBODY at UBI or RSE or anywhere in the business chain is laughing about this. You've got people in suits that probably don't feel too much about it either way outside of $$$, and developers and reps that are almost assuredly sick about it.

--Logos

The term "Ubi-Soft" is now simply the punch line to a morbidly bad joke.  :nono:

Thank goodness for Battlefield 2, or id have still been obsessing over GRAW these past few months. 

Im now just waiting on my copy of TOCA Race Driver 3 which has already been shipped.  Thank you Codemasters for showing game developers how it should be done.  Shipping an "A" list title on-time and only charging $35 USD for it.    :thumbsup:

People hate them too.

the flimsiest silver lining in all of this is that ZJJ will have more time to get that ###### report out before they move on to GR 9  ;)

It had gone out for review and I was told that I would have it back in my inbox today. After I see what was changed, it will just need coding and publishing. :yes:

Keep in mind, though, that this report is for the 360 MP version.

Well, everyone's been sharing insane conspiracy theories, so I'll throw mine in:

-GRAW = WARG

WARG = Why'd Anyone Release Games?

IT'S A TRAP!

So you're saying this is all because of BFME II? Those EA Bastages! I knew it!

It all makes sense, including why we need to go 88mph to make it work!