Poll: GRAW Expansion Pack Area

Where in the world would you like to see the Ghosts go next  

251 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, sure CkZWarlord, europe (especially Germany or France) would be interessting but how about Japan? I mean, Japan does have a lot of very different and interessting terrain (Kyoto, Hokkaido, Yokohama, Tokyo etc.) from typical japanese harbours to modern dense urban environment. From snow covered hills, traditional shrines or temples within an almost untouched natural environment to thermal bathhouses and narrow streets! ;)

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

• 2 weeks later...
Europe. Although it's not listed in the poll.

Same for me, to be more specific: Western-Europe.

Lots of former Cold War NATO bases like the HQ AFCENT caves, closed military airfields/bases all over the continent where terroristcells or other extremists can have -year 2015- hide-outs.

Also a variety of climates and terrain in Europe. Just like CkZWarlord said. Plus locations like the Port of Rotterdam, Swiss/French Alps, Rock Gibraltar, NATO HQ in Evere/Bruxelles, Nuclear Arms bases, UK trident subs, great cities where the G7/G8 meets every now and then, etc etc...

But... let's clear [@pc] Mexico-city first. Somewhere in May isn't it?¿

• 2 weeks later...
Where in the World would you like to see the ghosts go once they have left Mexico.

The choices are in the poll.

Please make you choice and tell us why.

This Link will explain all the locations mentioned and details of the indevidual countries in the poll area.

World Index

Colin

Hey All GRIN!! I voted for Africa only because the Desert Seige maps have such awesome playability in GRclassic.

Did any of your devs ever install the "Frostbite" mod...there were some fantastic maps in there plus the winter setting was really great too. Since the ghosts have never oficially been to a winter environment that would be fun. I am going to call a team meeting for my clan/team and PUMP THEM ALL UP!!!!!!

I would like to see something along the US Mexico border. A carryover from GRAW. Mexico descends into chaos, millions (more than usual), flee north. Chinese, Iranian,Columbian drug cartels, everyone with a grudge against the US of A figure this is their chance for payback. You can have all different kinds of environments. Urban, rural, mountainous,desert. Throw in a bunch of redneck patriots gettin in the way, could be fun.

One thing I would be warey of is putting the 'Ghosts' into a middle-eastern environment.

...I play 'Battlefield 2' on a regular basis and have to say that for the majority of people that theatre of conflict is wearling a tad thin!

I would really like to see the original 'GR' revisited!

-- How cool would it be to see the 'Castle' or 'The Embassey' again through the new GR:AW HUD?

:)

In fact I will say this now - I am willing to BET that one of the first early mods for GR:AW will be updated map convesrions of these classic GR maps!

(Also, Ghost Town from DS!)

;)

I know guys - I'm a sad, unimaginative old gimmer who doesn't like change!

One thing I would be warey of is putting the 'Ghosts' into a middle-eastern environment.

...I play 'Battlefield 2' on a regular basis and have to say that for the majority of people that theatre of conflict is wearling a tad thin!

I would really like to see the original 'GR' revisited!

-- How cool would it be to see the 'Castle' or 'The Embassey' again through the new GR:AW HUD?

:)

In fact I will say this now - I am willing to BET that one of the first early mods for GR:AW will be updated map convesrions of these classic GR maps!

(Also, Ghost Town from DS!)

;)

I know guys - I'm a sad, unimaginative old gimmer who doesn't like change!

that would be great but i would say that is mroe of a mod for the expansion pack id love a snow area or something new (at least in the GR area)

Middle East and Vietnam style have been done to death lately - time for some new terrain.

Must be either South America, much varied landscapes.

Or, off to Eastern Europe - for some cold, wet and sometimes icy warfare. Plenty of hilly and mountainous terrain, muddy rocky ground, and thick vegetation, plus lots of small villages pockmarked around the landscape.

Think WW2-style in 2015 - luverly.

I voted East Asia/ Pacific - I would like to see a good balance between thick visual cover for bum rushing and flanking and some good rock and elevation cover. Although I must admit if they could pull of the feel of the DS pack that would be awesome. Old maps I would like to see in the new GRAW: Caves, GT, RB, Riverbed, MBC, Castle, Night Castle, Refinery and ooooof course - TANK...

For me, I would vote in this order.

1) Middle East & north Africa.

2) East Asia & Pacific.

3) South Asia.

4) Eurasia.

5) Africa, Sub-Saharan

6) Europe.

7) Western Hemisphere.

I too would like to see an expansion pack using various areas of the U.S. That would rank between 2 & 3.

The areas of operation for that could be:

D.C.

New York.

California.

Seattle.

Georgia.

Virginia.

Texas.

Colorado.

Alaska.

and then somewhere in the Mid-west.

South America would be good, and potentially easier to tie into the Mexico plot line than some of the others. The terrain there is as varied as anywhere: rainforests to the high Andes, to the near Antarctic southern tip, to cities like Rio and Bogata. Something in Korea would be good too, although that might be too politically sensitive. A return to the settings of the first GR would be good too, and provide an excellent way to release some fan-favorite remakes of the original levels.

• 1 month later...

I voted Middle east/north Africa, basically becuase thats where we are fighting now(Cant help it I'm a realist). But a Campaign in america is becoming more apealing. LOL Maybe They could put ghost againts sleeper cells super sized. Or pit the U.S. against nato forces, or maybe EU forces on U.S. soil. That would make a killer multi player senerio!!! Make sure everyone is able to choose sides rather then just being ghosts. That way the terniments can be intercontinental! :o= But this is just my 2 cents :g_guns:

I would like to see the Ghosts in real life and in game in South America.

chavez-ahmadinejad.jpg

hugo%20chavez%20y%20fidel%20castro.jpg

skalad.png

18460_thumb.jpg

VENE-38.jpgChavezKhatami.jpg

Target: Venezuela

Objectives: Capture Hugo Chavez (Venezuelan President)

Disrupt Cuban-Venezuelan Communist Plans in the continent.

Free political priosioners.

Secure Oil Refinaries

Monitor and strike Colombian Guerilla financed by Chavez.

Disarm Military Loyal to Chavez

Strike Cuban Installation on a Venezuelan island called "Orchilla" where Cuban military has been spotted.

Destroy russian attack helicopters and Migs Hugo is trying to buy. BTW 30,000 AK-103 Rifles just arrived last week from Russia and 70,000 more to come in the following months.

Read this article if you are not familiar with Chavez:

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/news/050531a.aspx

Edited by 1Bravo [CV]

I would like to see Ghost in South East Asia, mainly involving Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Philippines with the major threat from the PLA of China. Somehow this 6 country is in a state of fragile whereby any threat which if do not handle with good diplomacy will result to a full scale war. Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippine and China has been long known to expand their border territory by establishing outpost in a small island in the South China Sea.

What i would like to see that maybe the game developer can somehow imagine that the Chinese has a new renegate leader and he would like to invade and crush this little country and as usual the world superpower will not let this happen and will send in the Ghost to repel the invasion.

hmm i wonder how will the Petronas twin tower or Taipei 101 look like in the game. and imagine all the maps, jungle, swamp, sea, river, island mountain, city all in 1 game!!! and also the new insertion using a submarine will be a new totally good experience!!!!!!

:g_withgrin:

Paris in the springtime...sounds like a plan...offtopic: does anyone else find it odd that in all of Mexico City there is not one dog running around and no chickens cackling? No civis? I know its a drain of game resources but it would add alot to the tactical considerations...can't put suppressive fire down that street because of the people hiding in the cafe, etc.