Standard Upgrade

Ruin

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q&A's:

you never cease to amaze. did you change the hand positions so the supporting hand wouldn't hit the foregrip?

Yeah, i figured since the hand can't properly holdthe foregrip, better to put it in a realistic place.

One detail I'd like though, is the polarizing filters that are put on the IT M16's. That would be a nice addition.

I thought about it, but since it's a small optional piece, i decided to save the polygons. Same goes for the attachment on the Elcan M145 (it may also be a polarizing filter).

Will you be doing any M16s/M4s with carrying handles?

Probably not. I have all the stoner family of rifles covered except for the SR25, and I'm happy with the combination of optics.

1- On those in game pics you posted, what graphics settings are you using? The only reason is that from what I see, the pics on your web page look to be clearer than the in-game shots... does that make sense?

2- Can we get a suppressed m24!?

1 - The renders at Baconbomb Modworks, and in the Upgrade gallery are directly from 3D Studio MAX, and will naturally be far nicer looking than in-game screenshots. To keep bandwidth and load time under control, i use a fairly high JPEG compression on the screenshot images. That's why the game screenshots don't look so nice. The actual in-game screenshots are much better, I'm running 1280x1024 with all graphics settings at maximum.

For example of true game-quality stuff see:

http://www.baconbomb.com/upgrade/screens/p...t_one_hq_00.jpg

http://www.baconbomb.com/upgrade/screens/p...t_one_hq_01.jpg

http://www.baconbomb.com/upgrade/screens/p...t_one_hq_02.jpg

2- No, sorry. I think the SR-25 will neatly fit the suppressed sniping role. I don't want to make too many changes to the lineup - I want to keep the general balance of the original game.

Wow. Those are AMAZING models. 'Scuse me while I go and buy a guard for my keyboard, and a new keyboard.

I won't be held liable for equipment ruined by drool.

Ah, thanks Suicide Commando, I thought he meant real photos, which I don't have on hand. Ogre_h is the man to talk to for those, he scored the biggest baddest photos of the SR47 ever possible - I'm still very thankful for those.

Reminder that all weapons and lots of screenshots can be seen at the Standard Upgrade website, (see links in my signature.)

Are you doing an OICW, or just sticking with the more common rifles?

The plan is to upgrade ALL original weapons to a certain standard level of quality. Hence, standard upgrade. I'm releasing Part One early, because it will take me some time to make everything, and you might as well get something to play around with in the meantime. I'll probably release two more parts as addon patches.

Edited by Earl

ooooooooo, aaaaaahhhhhhh… OK done drooling … for now...

anyway, I greatly support the idea to release some of the mod right now and add the rest later. these are hands down the best GR gun models I have ever seen, and I am sure that there are other people who are even more impatient than me!

CLARK

Earl, that SR-47 looks SUHWEEEEET!

I've got some shots of Diemaco's Special Forces Support Weapon

Its basically an M4/C8 with a beta mag. The shots aren't the best, but they give another perspective.

fcf36a30.jpg

fcf36a3b.jpg

fcf36a3e.jpg

fcf36a42.jpg

fcf36a36.jpg

I've also got shots of his big bro the LSW.

Edited by ogre_h

Must be patient.

By the way my keyboard is shorting due to drool. ;)

When's it coming and since they look so good how big is this gonna be?

(let it be small,let it be small)

Thnks for the 'Lost Weapons' I will now bring exquisite pain and unreasonable suffering to all my foes :devil::devil::o= .

Edited by The_Slink

As in 2009 a 5.45mm AK74 rifle seems to be more common than a good ol' AK47, i guess it would be nice to see also a SR-74 in the mod (just like in the OFP addon).

To keep things balanced (especially in MP), it would be a good idea to add some scope to one of the Russians assault weapons, as now when playing online, everyone at Russian/African/Cuban teams seems to be running with a SA80 or OICW.

2- No, sorry. I think the SR-25 will neatly fit the suppressed sniping role. I don't want to make too many changes to the lineup - I want to keep the general balance of the original game.

Cool. Looks great man... Can't wait... I this will be one of those mods that is just always on.

Active Mods

-Desert Siege

-Island Thunder

-Standard Upgrade

Also, what are you gonna do about sounds? Same as original? I thought the m4 "socom" sound was lame... Maybe borrow a better one for that one...

A master at work...

I want to keep the general balance of the original game

Earl, I totaly agree with you, thats reality.

It should be great to finish such quality work, and get all the positive feedback.

And stay away from RSE hehe (we need you).

...it would be nice to see also a SR-74 in the mod (just like in the OFP addon)

I'll leave the SR-74 out because it would basically be an M4 but with less desireable ballistics. The 7.62x39mm is different enough from 5.56x45mm to have the SR-47 in there. In OFP, both have a place because you can pick up AK47 and AK74 ammo, and 74 is more common. And Viper, the SR-47 is a rifle made by Knight's Armament, and it is a modified M4, made specifically for SF use in areas where the hostiles use AK47's such as Afghanistan. Only 6 prototypes were made and used in Afganistan, with good results from what I hear, but production was cancelled. The SR74 was only a concept.

...it would be a good idea to add some scope to one of the Russians assault weapons

Already part of the plan.

Also, what are you gonna do about sounds? Same as original? I thought the m4 "socom" sound was lame... Maybe borrow a better one for that one...

I don't have the chance to change much right now, but eventually I will alter some that I feel are lacking - ESPECIALLY the M4 SOPMOD.

And thanks for all the comments from everybody else - it's hard to keep up with this thread :rocky: