After it's released, when will you be buying GRAW2?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I have a bad feeling GRAW 2 will probably be an updated GRAW 1

And why would that be bad?

I'd like to see the completion of some of the features that they apparently didn't have time to implement into GR3; Smith, Beasley, Cruz, and the rest of the Ghosts (repos for teammates lost in the campaign or additional fire-teams?), game mechanics such as...

<string id="message_to_get_up" value="Press <action> to get up."/>

<string id="message_to_sit_down" value="Press <action> to sit down."/>

<string id="message_to_open_door" value="Press <action> to open door."/>

<string id="message_to_close_door" value="Press <action> to close door."/>

<string id="message_to_use_stationary" value="Press <action> to use stationary weapon."/>

etc., etc.

I would hope (and believe) that they would concentrate on this before attempting to reinvent the game. They have a good platform with which to work; now it just needs to be fleshed out.

fleshed out. hmm. perhaps but, that HDR stuff can stay on the other side of the border. :thumbsup:

I don't think I'll be too quick on this title. I'll play the Demo and play it to death. Then I'll know. just a peek through the fence so to speak.

I remember BO told me GRAW was going to be a game great for snipers. yeah, great for getting waxed. I sat and was just looking around when all of a sudden a enemy soldier (TvT) showed up right out of the air! God that's annoying. snipers should have an advantage at a distance but not at close range when the enemy sneak up on you.

The game code needs alot of refining. still getting that person running at you but you die all of the sudden garbage. My ping is around 50-60 on most servers and my gaming router is solid but the delays in the game code and deaths blow badly.

Get rid of gamespy! gamespy is THEE WORST service for online gaming. talk about going the cheap way. I hope Grin and UBI treat their wives/girlfriends better then they treat us.

No, I'll wait a long spell this time before i buy.

Personally, I just don’t know anymore, but what I do know is that ubisoft feels that it can make some money from the GR community; otherwise GRAW2 will not be in the making.

I certainly hope that they don’t think that the GR community has got more money than sense, because if they do, there going to get burned.

They can spend all the money they won’t on there fancy trailers and promos, make them look really exiting with all the whiz-bang gimmicks, but if the actual game does not deliver what the majority of the community wont, then I’m afraid that there toast.

Edited by Metal_Jacket

What you all on about you will all preorder it or get it first couple of days, demos do nothing for a game unfortunatley or furtunatley we have a demo you mostly all say in GRAW so GRAW2 can only be better.

This was the purpose of creating this thread. I'm one of those who feels burned and will only consider buying GRAW2 after the early adopters try it out and report back here.

They can take our GRAW, but they'll never take our [GR]! FREEEEEEDOM!! Sons of [GR], do what you need to do in the name of William Wallace the Second, just try to keep the casualties to a minimum. :)

In other words, from reading through this thread, it looks like the Liberation Front/Underground Resistance Movement is back in business.

Where can I sign up for this resistance movement? :thumbsup:

Personally, I just don’t know anymore, but what I do know is that ubisoft feels that it can make some money from the GR community; otherwise GRAW2 will not be in the making.

I certainly hope that they don’t think that the GR community has got more money than sense, because if they do, there going to get burned.

They can spend all the money they won’t on there fancy trailers and promos, make them look really exiting with all the whiz-bang gimmicks, but if the actual game does not deliver what the majority of the community wont, then I’m afraid that there toast.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that UBI will be supporting the gaming style many of us love. I think a lot of us feel that way.

They can take our GRAW, but they'll never take our [GR]! FREEEEEEDOM!! Sons of [GR], do what you need to do in the name of William Wallace the Second, just try to keep the casualties to a minimum. :)

In other words, from reading through this thread, it looks like the Liberation Front/Underground Resistance Movement is back in business.

They are out there. They are among you. Most of them are unaware that the person right next to them is also in the Liberation Front. You just need to fight the oppression/purge the unclean. You just need to spread the PR(opaganda). William Wallace the Second, and local resistance chapter leader, Boudicca the Second, queen of the IC(deadpeople)INI tribe will always be with you.

I put a little story together about [GR]. Click to hear "Ghost Recon Forever (Part 1)".

Edited by WytchDokta

They are out there. They are among you. Most of them are unaware that the person right next to them is also in the Liberation Front. You just need to fight the oppression/purge the unclean. You just need to spread the PR(opaganda). William Wallace the Second, and local resistance chapter leader, Boudicca the Second, queen of the IC(deadpeople)INI tribe will always be with you.

I put a little story together about [GR]. Click to hear "Ghost Recon Forever (Part 1)".

"Enemy contact!" "Major firefight!"

That's frikkin awesome, WD. lol :)

"Enemy contact!" "Major firefight!"

That's frikkin awesome, WD. lol :)

".... And then the enemy contacts begin to fall from the sky. You remember the the major firefight and start to get high. It's time to rejoice, so step into the light. Ghost Recon, forever."

I'm glad you liked that. And no, that isn't me talking on there, nor is it me rapping at the end. :ph34r:

I've done more like that you know Rossiski. Although, I'm waiting for people to press the "Action" key before I show them more.

Edited by WytchDokta

Hello, gents. I've been a lurker here for the better part of five years or so.

I buddy of mine I served with in the Corps who now works for Gearbox, related too me that GR:AW 2s' PC version will be a console port, and that there is no seperate PC specific development to speak of. Furthermore, I was told that Ubi came to the conclusion not to invest capital into a PC version that sold less than expected units. How accurate this is I don't know, but it looks as if it might just be true.

Pretty damned sad if you ask me.

Week or two after its out

Will wait to see what Crowman, Papa6 Rabbi etc say first.

:whistle:

Short of a MAJOR wow from any demo, I'm not picking it up. I'll d/l the demo as that puts no money in UbiShaft's pockets. But for me to toss those idiots another $60 bone will take something Biblical on their part. Given the above comment about it being a console port (assuming that pans out), I doubt I'll do anything more than whine that Ubishaft hates us PC gamers...

In my case it's mutual.

I buddy of mine I served with in the Corps who now works for Gearbox, related too me that GR:AW 2s' PC version will be a console port, and that there is no seperate PC specific development to speak of. Furthermore, I was told that Ubi came to the conclusion not to invest capital into a PC version that sold less than expected units. How accurate this is I don't know, but it looks as if it might just be true.

GRAW 2 for PC will not be a port from a console. It is being developed by GRIN just as GRAW was.

GRAW 2 for PC will not be a port from a console. It is being developed by GRIN just as GRAW was.

We shall see, mate. Any real tentative details have yet to be released, and GRIN may simply be porting the console version over to the PC, which is a undertaking in of itself, if it is to be done properly of course. However, I had thought Ubi Paris was doing all versions?

GRAW2 PC will not be a console port.

GRAW2 PC will not be a console port.

THAT is the best news we've yet heard. Nonetheless, the demo better be REALLY good, or GRAW-PC's dismal sales may look fantastic next to this one's...

But thanks for dropping in and reassuring us about that, GRiN_DrHanke! I'm glad to see you GRiN folks around here...

We shall see, mate. Any real tentative details have yet to be released, and GRIN may simply be porting the console version over to the PC, which is a undertaking in of itself, if it is to be done properly of course. However, I had thought Ubi Paris was doing all versions?

This was reported long ago as to who was doing what versions.... except for the PS3.

GRIN is doing the PC version (not a port as once AGAIN confirmed by Dr. Hanke)

UBI Paris is doing the 360 SP version

RSE is doing the 360 MP version

I'll wait until it goes to the discount shelf. I regretted buying :AW on its release date at full price.

Its been off my HD for a while now and I am currently hooked on/modding for ArmA.

Its nothing personal, Advanced Warfighter is just not my style of game.

Edited by Scubaman3D

For me having GRAW 2 come out so soon is weird. Should I abandon GRAW? Is GRAW 2 what GRAW was meant to be (i.e. maybe more like [GR]? ;) )? If a game is great and is worthy of the title "classic", I'll be playing the MP co-op for years to come and interacting with the community for years as well.

And if I buy GRAW 2, will GRAW 3 come out just as I'm getting into the former's MP gaming? I guess I prefer games that have mission packs come out with added content like [GR]. They include new maps, new weapons and some refinements but you're still part of the original game and the same community. Again, similar to [GR]. If a game isn't worthy of a simple mission pack, scrap it but call the sequel something else - Ghost Recon Advanced Cave Spellunking?

THAT is the best news we've yet heard. Nonetheless, the demo better be REALLY good, or GRAW-PC's dismal sales may look fantastic next to this one's...
I agree, I didn't start up with GRAW co-op until after the 1.35 patch and I intend to play it and evaluate it until I can say, "hey I love this game" or "hey it's time to move on". If I really like a game, I'll play it's co-op for years. My HDD is littered with "tactical-shooter" type games going back all the way to [GR].

Given what I've said above, I have very little interest in buying GRAW 2. The game would almost have to be "revolutionary" for me to consider it.

after playing the 360 version and the PC version, I sorta wish it would be a port.
Wow, that's an interesting comment from such a longtime, well-known GR dude. Personally, I find it hard to believe much good comes from Ubi's new strategy of porting Xbox games to PC - SC Double Agent being a good example of that.

For me, I think the biggest irony is that after the GRAW community fades, I think the [GR] community will still be bopping along maybe no bigger but probably no smaller than it is now. :)