GRAW2 news

Papa6

This website covers some of what was already announced earlier except that GRAW2 has pushed some highly anticipated titles into the next fiscal( i guess you could call it) year.

Q1 Q4? runs up to March-April 2007. this sounds good. let's hope whoever is dealing the cards gives us a good hand(the game more precisely).

UBIOSFT as you'll read have pushed titles back to release GRAW2 more quickly. I'm thinking such quietness from GRIN as of late has to deal with the development of GRAW2 which should answer questions on why we don't hear from them alot lately.

-Papa6

Edited by Papa6

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't say a rush job just yet. i mean they are probably using GRAW as the infrastructure for GRAW2. so most of the stuff is done. just work on this and that, improve this and that and the game doesn't need to be built from scratch.

the diesel engine as I spoke to another GR.net member IS a resource hog on the CPU. there's alot of work to be done to get away from the GRAW fiasco

Edited by Papa6

Papa yeah it's a resource hog, but I gotta tell you the new Unreal Engine is worse. The Splinter Cell demo brings my rig to it's knees at the same settings as GRAW. We're talking about 10-13 fps for SCDA and 35-40 for GRAW (1280x720 med settings/standard setting for SCDA). If GRAW2 uses the Disel engine, by the time it's released it will be a middle of the road game resource wise. Games like SCDA and R6:Vegas are going to need more powerful HW than GRAW that is for sure. After that demo, and seeing the upcoming games, I think the arguments that GRAW requires too high reqs for hardware will fade away.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Why would we want a whole new game?

GRAW came out not that long ago, fix that one , then release atleast one expansion for it before making a whole new game GRAW2.

Or is it really just an expansion......?

If its not I think it would just be stupid to release a whole new game this early. GRAW hasnt even been able to start yet really.

All it will do is split up the small community as it is now. Alot of those who bought GRAW and dont play wont buy GRAW2 because of that. Those who do play GRAW arent going to be so willing to run out and buy a new GRAW game when the first one they bought hasnt even been finished yet or had that long to get tired of playing it.

IMO thats pretty greedy and sad that the first game was a dud and before fixing it they want to put out the sequel.

All I hope is people learn their lesson this time and show Ubi they arent going to buy their half-ass products, unless they put a real effort into making a good game.

Its time to abandon the PC and get a console like the rest of the kiddies as the shelf life of a PC is far less than say an XBox360.

I was going to do an major upgrade but thought about it and have decided that software makers are not writting games for current specs but for unreleased / to be released hardware and I am not willing to keep chasing them. Consoles on the other hand have games made for them, simple.

Its time to abandon the PC and get a console like the rest of the kiddies as the shelf life of a PC is far less than say an XBox360.

I was going to do an major upgrade but thought about it and have decided that software makers are not writting games for current specs but for unreleased / to be released hardware and I am not willing to keep chasing them. Consoles on the other hand have games made for them, simple.

Good luck playing a shooter with a gamepad. ^_^

But you are right, and it's sad that console Devs try to get the max out of the console hardware by making good game engines and with a solid code along with it. Thats why PS2 and XBOX have a life span of 5+ years. During that time, with the same system, games keep improving.

For PC (and this is not just Ubi) they just raise the "ideal" specs, when there should be no reason to upgrade your graphic card every other year.

Very sad indeed. Money rules!

Edited by RaP7oR

I know R6 Vegas might not have much to do with thos convo., but it is sorta set in gold that the game will require SM 3.0.

Most ATI and some Nvidia cards wont meet this, I personally think it will be a big shocker to alot of players.

I know my underdog ATI 9800 Pro wont even run on Vegas, so if I buy the game I will have to upgrade.

But according to the Vegas forums which I surf alot, the game is a total 100% Console to PC port.

So we know which way UBI is going.

DeathDealer...

Ubisoft is going the way of ignoring quality control as well, at least for PC games.

Frankly, I may give up on PC games entirely if they don't fix SCDA soon. It's turning out to have more bugs than GRAW...

And talk of GRAW2 is frustrating. I haven't read yet where anyone announced that GRAW2 for PC is on its way. If I missed it, please point that out to me. But I think we're looking at another potential GR2.

To port or not to port? That CERTAINLY IS the question...

I really wonder how smart it is to release games that only a few can play?

It's really smart actually... as all the Hardware developers who sponsort these games like ATI, NVIDIA, INTEL, AMD, CRUCIAL, KINGSTON, CORSAIR, BFG, EVGA, PNY, AEGIA and such get you to buy ne hardware to support them. If your sponsor is happy and gives you a mil to put there name in the credits, who cares who buys it?

@Rabbi74; Damn, SCDA was the last un messed up title UBISOFT had. but you are the messenger of bad news. I'm sorry to hear that SCDA is a bust. to comment and say it's more buggy than GRAW says alot about UBISOFT.

I'm getting into writing several Linux distro developers about pushing the issue of Gaming over a linux box. I'm not referring to running games through Xen or other virtualization systems. I mean running straight from a linux box. not to mention, Linux runs a hell of a lot cooler than Windows, has proper memory management and much more

not to get off topic but, some of you are savvy people and might find it a great idea to get on board for a gaming community for linux. Linux is free for download and the open source community has great and constant development for the OS. there are several linuc distros i can think of that would be great for gamers.

anyone interested, let me know and we can maybe get together as a committee of sorts to see if we can do something, just PM me if interested

I hate consoles. I mean what is the point playing with something that lacks control and requires snap to aiming. I rather be owned by someone with skill then be lumped in with all of the other snap to console players.

I used to work for Red Storm. The party line coming from Ubi last year was all concole all the time. If we dont make our PC voices heard it will go that way. Hell I believe sometimes sys reqs are set high to entice people to abandon thier PCs and go to the dumb box.

Anywho my two cents.

And talk of GRAW2 is frustrating. I haven't read yet where anyone announced that GRAW2 for PC is on its way. If I missed it, please point that out to me.

No platforms have been publicly announced, only the global mention in the fiscal report, which you've probably seen. However, I know of a couple platforms that it is currently being created for. :ph34r:

As you said, though, I hope the PC version doesn't turn in to another GR2 for PC. :(

I used to work for Red Storm. Hell I believe sometimes sys reqs are set high to entice people to abandon thier PCs and go to the dumb box.

I can't imagine why you don't anymore. :rofl:

Seriously, though, any RSE employees know if this guy is telling the truth?

Why would we want a whole new game?

GRAW came out not that long ago, fix that one , then release atleast one expansion for it before making a whole new game GRAW2.

Or is it really just an expansion......?

If its not I think it would just be stupid to release a whole new game this early. GRAW hasnt even been able to start yet really.

All it will do is split up the small community as it is now. Alot of those who bought GRAW and dont play wont buy GRAW2 because of that. Those who do play GRAW arent going to be so willing to run out and buy a new GRAW game when the first one they bought hasnt even been finished yet or had that long to get tired of playing it.

IMO thats pretty greedy and sad that the first game was a dud and before fixing it they want to put out the sequel.

I agree with these parts. Doing an expansion is better. But this is which GRAW2 can be, a standalone expansion. With greed involved it is better to call it "GRAW2" and make it incompatible with GRAW so that we have to buy the GRAW2 too if we want to stay in touch with online gaming (it was ok for people to play GR online without DS/IT for example, it wasn't fun (I guess) but it was doable).

Actually I can't get worked up about this, call it whatever you like: an expansion or a "2". But please let GRAW2 be in better shape by release. GRAW is decent at the moment (GL-bug, few maps and disconnect still bugging though).

:g_withgrin: