DLC news and video

5timechamp

I might have to buy a 360 now. I was waiting for more co-op maps.

Do you have to pay for LIVE to download this stuff?

i dont think you have to pay 4 live. If you have a silver account you should be able to download from the marketplace but you still have to pay for the content. The Gold membership is the only one you have to actually pay 4. So you can play multiplayer games online.

Texas flag u from texas?

Edited by ghost627

I really need to get a 360...

As an owner of 2 Xbox 360's , I highly recomend one. Best time to get one is around fall when hot titles like splinter cell double agent, rainbow six vegas, gears of war, and of course pick up GRAW and launch titles . :) Maybe this content will be free by then.

The nature maps look beautiful. Those scenes really show of the greaphics well.

If only the 360 had a mouse. I can't believe that MS is losing a sale to me just because they refuse to add a 10 dollar mouse (which i'd be happy to pay the extra for.)

If only the 360 had a mouse. I can't believe that MS is losing a sale to me just because they refuse to add a 10 dollar mouse (which i'd be happy to pay the extra for.)

I actually found a place that sold adapters for the Playstation 2 and the original xbox and you could connect a keyboard and mouse to the console and had a guide that came with it so you could map your keys for any game. I bought one for the ps2 and it worked beautifully. The only thing though is that you get labeled a cheater because people feel you have more of an advantage then them. I will admit that sniping became a whole lot easier with the mouse and keyboard on deathmatch games.

I haven't looked to see if they made one yet for the 360, but I'm sure they have already started working on it.

I actually found a place that sold adapters for the Playstation 2 and the original xbox and you could connect a keyboard and mouse to the console and had a guide that came with it so you could map your keys for any game. I bought one for the ps2 and it worked beautifully. The only thing though is that you get labeled a cheater because people feel you have more of an advantage then them. I will admit that sniping became a whole lot easier with the mouse and keyboard on deathmatch games.

I haven't looked to see if they made one yet for the 360, but I'm sure they have already started working on it.

well the default aiming system in console games make them specifically balanced for the controller, ie all console games have a built in very very slight auto-aim function that pc games dont simply because of the lack of precise control with a controller. i do feel that it would be impossible to balance controller players and mouse players in the same game. although webzen will be attempting it when they release the FPS "huxley" which is a cross platform FPS. both on the pc and 360

i dont think you have to pay 4 live. If you have a silver account you should be able to download from the marketplace but you still have to pay for the content. The Gold membership is the only one you have to actually pay 4. So you can play multiplayer games online.

Texas flag u from texas?

Thanks for the info! That is what I thought.

Yup, I am from Texas! ;)

Me too! The only problem is that they are coming out with a better CPU in the future and I dont know if I should wait around for that or not... :unsure:

Texas flag u from texas?

Thanks for the info! That is what I thought.

Yup, I am from Texas! ;)

Me too! The only problem is that they are coming out with a better CPU in the future and I dont know if I should wait around for that or not... :unsure:

Already, more Texas gamers like me. You should get a 360. I havent had any problems with my 2. But its kinda dry in the game market right now.

I think new CooP missions are great, but im haven a real hard time getting around a $10 price tag for more maps that should of been there since there start! They should at least make CooP out of the MP maps that are already there to get us to the 10 to 12 mark!

Maybe it's just me but i believe there should be around 10 to 12 maps min before we start paying for more! If i didn't get the 5000 points from Verison at E3 i wouldn't get the new maps yet i might not anyways becuase so far none of my friends are willing to pay the $10 price tag and i don't want to waste my free points.

I think new CooP missions are great, but im haven a real hard time getting around a $10 price tag for more maps that should of been there since there start! They should at least make CooP out of the MP maps that are already there to get us to the 10 to 12 mark!

Maybe it's just me but i believe there should be around 10 to 12 maps min before we start paying for more! If i didn't get the 5000 points from Verison at E3 i wouldn't get the new maps yet i might not anyways becuase so far none of my friends are willing to pay the $10 price tag and i don't want to waste my free points.

I dont think $10 is unreasonable. Afterall your getting additional content which redstorm/ubi have spent the last 3 months developing. I not its fair to say "I'm not paying for it just because it should have already been included". At the end of the day $10 is not exactly greedy. From what Ive read from the previews its seems like a great deal.

If this DLC content comes in over $5 I hope they ship a tube of KY.

My take on the IGN article:

Sounds like Jungle Mines is pretty basic in terms of the mission - 13 guys (including 2 RSE and 2 ubi's) beat it on the first try. While 4 of them probably had seen it before the other 9 hadn't - I would feel better if it took them at least 2 tries ..

Coffee Plantation sounded a little better.

The author made a lot of comments about how the relit lit maps were "really pretty", "look beautiful", "create a different mood", "a relatively new perspective" .... nothing hear screams changed gameplay or significant impact on tactics.

I am hoping that the missions are more indepth than Chapter 1 and that the 4 new maps are larger than what we already have ...

The Silenced SR25 and the unsupressed 486 look like good additions and I am interested in trying the SCAR H SV.

So I see the DLC as 4 new maps, and 4 coop missions with 3 new weapons (is anyone really going to use the AK LMG?). Since GRAW shipped with only 10 MP maps ( 8 of which are very small) and 4 coop missions vs GR2 and Summit Strikes ability to play the Single Player Campaign as Coop ... at a cost of $60 ... is the new content worth $5?

Maybe, but it seems to me that on the MP side the DLC brings the content to a level that should have been included at launch.

i agree that some of the stuff on marketplace is quite expensive but it is worth it.

on the other hand think of GRAW PC owners who got given a half complete game to start with, at least the 360 version was more or less done, anything else is a bonus.

hopefully prices will start to go down toward the end of the year.

Just so you know, the "better" CPU (perhaps by the end of this year) isn't more powerful, it's just the same design but on a smaller die, so MS can make them cheaper and they may run cooler. All consoles do this: eg. Sony has done this with the PS/PS2 to reduce costs throughout the life of each console.

I doubt there will be a 360 price drop this year since (if) the PS3 comes out at year end, it will be more expensive.

If this DLC content comes in over $5 I hope they ship a tube of KY.

My take on the IGN article:

Sounds like Jungle Mines is pretty basic in terms of the mission - 13 guys (including 2 RSE and 2 ubi's) beat it on the first try. While 4 of them probably had seen it before the other 9 hadn't - I would feel better if it took them at least 2 tries ..

Coffee Plantation sounded a little better.

The author made a lot of comments about how the relit lit maps were "really pretty", "look beautiful", "create a different mood", "a relatively new perspective" .... nothing hear screams changed gameplay or significant impact on tactics.

I am hoping that the missions are more indepth than Chapter 1 and that the 4 new maps are larger than what we already have ...

The Silenced SR25 and the unsupressed 486 look like good additions and I am interested in trying the SCAR H SV.

So I see the DLC as 4 new maps, and 4 coop missions with 3 new weapons (is anyone really going to use the AK LMG?). Since GRAW shipped with only 10 MP maps ( 8 of which are very small) and 4 coop missions vs GR2 and Summit Strikes ability to play the Single Player Campaign as Coop ... at a cost of $60 ... is the new content worth $5?

Maybe, but it seems to me that on the MP side the DLC brings the content to a level that should have been included at launch.

I agree wholeheartedly about the small map issue, and I'd be willing to pay the £6.00( $10.00) or so for just one really big map, as long as it came with a well thought out mission...... If you can beat co-op missions solo, they're too easy!!!!

You think $10 is to much they are now saying $12 over at Ghostrecon.com but it really comes out to $18.75 to reach 1200 points.

Thursday 22.06.06 GRAW 360 Chapter 2 released

We're proud to announce that Chapter 2, the highly anticipated downloadable content (DLC) package for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is now available for download via Xbox Live! Marketplace. This quality premium content package will enhance and build upon the critically acclaimed original game by offering players an extensive continuation of the multiplayer co-op campaign set deep within Nicaragua, as well as extending players Live! experience with a wide array of new playable maps, game modes and character customization features. This premium content package is available now for download via the Xbox Live! Marketplace for 1200 points.