Demo Alert!

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres my take on it so far. Its need AA very high as it is very jaggie. The AF dont seem to make any difference at all off or even at 16x. I think after a few patch updates should be fine. For a joke I put the res at 1400 somethink and didnt make much difference to movment.

Game play is great so far what iv played of it. Aiming is realistic and AI is fast. The gfx look quite bad if im to be honnest but think the game play will make up for it. I dont think that most settings are even being applied so I may be seing it at its worse.

Well i didn't think i would be able to play it as i only have a 5700ultra thought i would give it a go tho. lol no chance, everything was black. the thing is i can afford to upgrade however, i don't want to upgrade just in case i don't like this game.

I will have to wait to see the reviews etc, but even then the new directx10 cards come out soon so maybe i should just wait to buy GRAW maybe when i buy the directx10 card, ahhh well nevermind.

Although i agree technology has to advance in games, im very surprised that we can't run it in the absolute lowest settings even to test it. From the screenshots i wouldn't say this is the best looking game out, however other games with better graphics can run on lower end cards, odd.

Who here has a setup similar to mine:

amd 4000+

2 gigs pc3200 system ram

6800gt PCI-e 256mb video card

audigy 2ZS audio card

ample hard drive space and dvd-rom and cd drive.

If ya have a setup similar to this run the demo and benchmark it. Lemme know what I can and can't do with the game. I sure as heck know I will be able to run it its just a matter of how much of the game I will get to see. ;)

The gameplay is great, takes a while getting familiar to all the keys and this funny com cast thingy, but its most defiently a tatical shooter and not your normal shoot and run game!!, "Capt mitchell is down all units abort this mission", err, thats me dead again then!

GR1 lives again!  :g_guns:

I'm sorry but there is no way a real U.S. Sp forces unit....or any sp forces unit worldwide worth its salt would give up on a mission if the team leader goes down....unless they were ordered to abort.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone.

Final Verdict :

runs like ######, looks like ######.

I mean come on, I have a damn great rig here, FX-60 and dual 7800GTX 512MB for ###### sake. And the game's framerate is complete trash. Is John Carmack and EPIC the only ones left on this earth capable of building EFFICIENT engines ?

I can play SP with such crappy framerate, but there is NO WAY I will play like that on multiplayer.

Final Verdict :

runs like ######, looks like ######.

I mean come on, I have a damn great rig here, FX-60 and dual 7800GTX 512MB for ###### sake. And the game's framerate is complete trash. Is John Carmack and EPIC the only ones left on this earth capable of building EFFICIENT engines ?

I can play SP with such crappy framerate, but there is NO WAY I will play like that on multiplayer.

Hey, I have a 3000xp , 1gb 333mhz ram, ATI x850xt p.e and get upto 70fps on all high settings apart from textures

Tried upgrading drivers?

Edited by whoa182

To get the game to run at 1680x1050, make the first part of the render.xml file look like this:

<render_config>

<d3d_device

adapter = "NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT"

driver = "nv4_disp.dll"

resolution = "1680 1050"

windowed = "false"

refresh_rate = "60"

/>

<render_settings>

<variable name="aspect_ratio" value="1.6"/>

Only edit the lines that are in bold.