Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

May have only hit the high spots but some thoughts on Beta_4.

-Like the main menu.rsb's very much.

-GRAW character a very nice addition.

-GR has a tendency to be a tad dark IMO. You appear to have corrected this in M01, M02 and M03.

I'm guessing you may have adjusted the levels of the plants as well on these maps?

I think M04 could use some level adjustment to brighten it up. This can be a double edge sword as the more the ground is lightened the more the repeat pattern of the texture is noticeable.

-I like the OPFOR and UN skins. Levels are about right and your work is enhanced. I still believe the ghosts skins need some level adjustment as they are to dark to me.

-Fire effect for destroyed tank is great.

-My rail car texture from D03 has turned up on M03. I can rename the texture in the D03map file with a hex editor so this won't be an issue. May have done it for the water tower as well.

DP02 is my favorite so far.

Cool thanks for the info, i'll get an image of what the new Railcar should look like and i'll adjust the levels too, it's a bit of a tough on for characters as if the textures are too bright they look like they are made of plastic.

to activate a brighter camo, go to character>allied, and open up the folder named "ATACSFG" remove the 'ATACSFG' from the file-names of the .rsbs inside, then copy them back to Character>allied, press yes when prompted. you will be given brighter uniforms ;)

@0-0 thanks for the screenies, they are indeed the older, larger wound textures, they have gotten smaller since then. and they will stretch based on where they hit on the person's body, this happened on the old ghost recon textures too.

it seems that's the old road texture as well :/ must have put it in the wrong file.

as for the edge texture, must have mistaken it for stones ;)

oh another thing, can you not put watermarks on your images please they won't be going anywhere ;)

Edited by Zeealex

hey Mr moon.

heheh, it looks like a better camo :P

as for the russians, yeah i am going to change the camos as soon as i get the new ones.

i have thought of it but i am unable to find a good model file for them and i don't want to harass thales100 too much either ;)

Note to All Testers!

i've just realised that 4shared requires an account for you to download the file.

so for your benefit i've created a sample account for you to use.

Please PM me if you are a tester and i will pass you the account details.

Edited by Zeealex

Wish there was an easy way to download this in one package without the need for registering at yet another site. Alex, have you tried using DropBox? And Rocky, couldn't we add this to the downloads section and update as the beta moves along for easier reference? May also bring more testers to publicly host the download at GR.net.

coolio, download section might be the best way of doing this actually, saves all the messing around

i can give you a sample username and password to use to download the betas through a PM, that way no one will have to sign up to anything, you just login with it.

DropBox would be a good 'lightweight' version control system (it would at least prevent accidental file loss and make it easy to retrieve old versions!) as well as easing the upload problem some.

It would be better to get the project in a proper version control system though. (Github!) Incremental uploads and downloads, automatic creation of helpful change lists, easier to manage contributions from lots of people, no mistakes about which version of files went in or didn't go in ;) , impossible to ever lose files, archival/compression done automatically by a remote server, downloads without having to register an account... :wizard:

(In case you couldn't tell, I adore version control. It makes even small projects so much easier to handle. It's just saying to yourself "I've made a few changes for X feature, I'm going to commit them with a little message to say what they are," but the difference is huge.)

Git is super-easy to set up on Linux & OS X, and the GitHub app for Windows is awesome too.

...Or maybe I'm talking through my hat. Just trying to help, 'cause I like the way this project is going (and I suck at artwork).

- Gache

Edited by Gache

having a little trouble with dropbox at the moment probably a barmy PC

so for now for those who do not want to sign up to 4shared, use this account:

NAME: sample4sharedacct@gmail.com

PASSWORD: downloads

tick the remember me box so you aren't signing in every new beta.

don't upload from this account, i will check it regularly and delete any uploaded files.

before i set off for a bit...

Mission 5 screenshots:

ScreenShot41.jpg

ScreenShot42-1.jpg

ScreenShot38-2.jpg

the buildings wont use higher resolution textures, so they will look a bit odd. but i've removed the detail that made the old ones look so gastly and replaced them with simpler textures.

still a lot of work to be done but looking a little better.

yeah, I’ll see if i can get some relighting done on it.

I meant the way the engines handles lighting.

If anyone can tell me what the sign says you get a gold star to go on your chart!

ресторан means restaurant (says the oracle; a.k.a google)

that's not fair 0-0 you're russian! :rofl:

it's red storm's resturant, that might be why it's "шторма" and not "шторм"

:)

yeah, I’ll see if i can get some relighting done on it.

I meant the way the engines handles lighting.

ooh right, fair does n diddles, i still would appreciate it relit.

Edited by Zeealex

listen, it's not hugely important, RSE have made plenty of mistakes themselves... i'm not messing around with the whole texture just because of a small translation error.

BETA 4/5 IS READY FOR TESTING.

new updated version of mission 4 and Retextured Mission 5.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/93506808/Project%20Novo%20BETA%204-5.7z

Please for the love of my sanity, READ THE KNOWN ISSUES IN POST 316 before reporting errors.

alternatively it is in the "whats new in beta 4/5.jpg" as well.

hey Mr moon.

heheh, it looks like a better camo :P

as for the russians, yeah i am going to change the camos as soon as i get the new ones.

i have thought of it but i am unable to find a good model file for them and i don't want to harass thales100 too much either ;)

Awsome, allot of the newest Russian gear (helmets/body armour) is almost identical to that of the US in shape so don't think it would be too hard if you got a good digital flora texture. Loving that tbilisi job btw.

thanks Mrmoon. i'll take a look into it. ;)

Is anyone Else having trouble starting Ghost Recon with this Version?

Solution:

Go to: Ghost Recon>Mods>Project Novo>Actor>Hero, and rename "henry_ramirez.atr" to "alicia_diaz.atr" and then go to the campaign.xml and do the same. ;)