Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

right I'm speaking out now, this applies to all apart from Wombat50, Apexmods in part and Thales100

It's been great that I've been getting supportive comments and whatnot with Project Novo and you know I like the ideas you have for the project and for Ghost Recon: Infinity

But unless you want Project Novo to fall apart and create a Possible domino Effect on Ghost Recon: Infinity then I NEED MORE TESTING AND MORE HELP

I cannot do everything alone, and I'm glad Wombat50 has stepped in and has started to work on the project with me, and also I'm glad that Thales100 has tested the Desert mission and provided high resolution screenshots.

As you know I am essentially blind to what I am doing, I cannot open the game and I cannot alpha test. so it is IMPERATIVE that I get the feedback the project needs, I can't just rely on wombat50 to do everything as he is just as human as me and he is much more busy than I am.

But I've barely had any feedback on the lines of testing from anyone.

I will say again, YOU DO NOT NEED PHOTOSHOP TO HELP OUT, you just need the game and the F4 button or the ideas simple as that, you don't need to be a marathon runner, or a skydiver or superman to give a hand. I understand people are busy with their own mods and lives but testing a mission could take as short a while as 5 minutes if you run the cheat commands.

Call me selfish or whatever but I'm not willing to sit back and let another mod fail in front of me. I love working on this mod and the following call was a tough one to make. But I cannot possibly continue on to another part if I have a gut feeling somethings up. That's why I need you.

In 3 days time, I will be releasing mission 4 for testing. If in 1 months time after that it has not had sufficient testing for me to edit the map and move on, THE PROJECT WILL BE CANCELED!

You have been warned.

well i can't carry on if i have no feedback from the missions, it's like trying to paint a detailed masterpiece of Mona Lisa on a 20ft canvas with my hands tied behind my back and i've been blindfolded.

in other words, if I have no guidance, how can I carry on?

Yeah that was kind of drastic. I didn't even know you were doing this mod anymore, thought we had merged it into the community mod.

Read this post:

Despite the recent events of a proposition, the Retexture project is carrying on as it was, if anything the proposition will have made this mod more likely to go ahead faster.

Project Novo is a part of Ghost Recon: Infinity, but it will also be a separate mod.

call the move i am making what you like, but post #205 explains how it feels without testing/being able to test, painting something with your hands tied behind you back while blind folded on a 20ft canvas with the hopes of a masterpiece; it's either going to turn out like crap, or not at all.

Oh FYI uploading 4th Beta now to save time on the 11th but no link will be provided until then.

Edited by Zeealex

yeah, i made a thread about it a while ago

This error turns up whenever i open GR, i've activated the drivers, reinstalled GR and checked everything is working hardware wise:

***** User's system configuration *****

CPU: AuthenticAMD 3113 MHz Recent AMD

RAM: 2048 MB (False: it's actually 3072mb)

O/S: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.1 Service Pack 3 build 2600

Ghost Recon (RELEASE) version = 1.4.0.0(0)

RSDirect3DRenderer::BuildDeviceList: No compatible adapters found

RSDirect3DRenderer: Could not build device list

RSDisplayMgr::CreateRenderer: Could not initialize renderer

RSUIMgr::Initialize() : Could not initialize mDisplayMgrIkeGameMgr::Initialize() : Could not initialize UI_MGR: -1

so essentially, I cannot alpha test the textures but i didn't want to give up because of that so now, I have to go on bugs people describe and screenshots they give.

Edited by Zeealex

Zeealex, this has been experienced by all modders since a long long time, including me. Dont hold your breath for help while modding or you will not take it to the end. You cant mod a game that you cant even play, im sry but this wont work this way.

It will work i will make work, I’m determined to, even if i have to reinstall an old Ubuntu version, I will, just to see this mod through to the end.

but even when the game worked, I still missed bits and pieces that i forgot i had added.

Looks like i'm going to have to scoop my windows 7 disk out of the bookshelf then

32 bit or 64 bit for GR?

Zeealex, this has been experienced by all modders since a long long time, including me. Dont hold your breath for help while modding or you will not take it to the end. You cant mod a game that you cant even play, im sry but this wont work this way.

Wise words of wisdom. Rockall or Blood Oil would not be in the DL section if I gave in. It is frustrating when you get little feedback, but learn to build the mod for yourself, not others. And enjoy.

W7 64 here, but all versions of Windows runs GR.

Good luck.

If I understand correctly,I didn't realize you could not see your work ingame.

Makes what you have done so far remarkable.

It will be so much easier and satisfying once you can see your work ingame.

Using Win7 64 bit with no problems. It is different from XP as some files such as, xml's, screenshots, log files, toe files are kept behind the compatibility tab in the Ghost Recon folder. I didn't like that at first but got use to it. Had some troubles with permissions in Win7 but not much anymore.

Wise words of wisdom. Rockall or Blood Oil would not be in the DL section if I gave in. It is frustrating when you get little feedback, but learn to build the mod for yourself, not others. And enjoy.

Hear hear! Don't give in due to lack of feedback or help in the forums. As Tinker said, build the mod primarily for yourself rather than others, because otherwise you may set yourself up for disappointment. Many people just silently enjoy playing the mods offered here at GR.net and never even bother to register, let alone to leave feedback or otherwise participate.

Uploaded re-textured maps for D02, D03, D07

http://www.mediafire...lroz3kwdqq6ksez

The file is in mod form so unpack it and place in your mod folder.

Deleted an earlier version of D02 from MediaFire as the above version has been updated.

I didn't mess with the fog settings very much or at all.

Compressed with 7Zip and highly recommend it to unpack with.

http://www.7-zip.org/

Edited by wombat50

haha thanks Apex, i'm 3 maps ahead of testers, on mission 6 at the moment, however i have stopped there and gone back to edit a few problematic areas based on what people have said.

i don't know if anyone's tried the newer day farm map in BETA 3?

well, it's been tweaked a tad...

ScreenShot35-1.jpg

ScreenShot33-4.jpg

the FINAL job of the whole project will be to smooth out the shading on the ground colour.rsbs so the polygons arent that noticeable.