Ghost Recon.net Forums

Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever wondered what happens when you mix a 20 year old engine and cutting edge material generation tech? 🤔 I guess we're about to find out...

Project Novo is listed in the Credits of PLEASE READ ME.HTML found in the main directory of HU V9.

Then it's increasingly likely that some aspects were used for HU  Nice spot Wombat and Shakealeg! 

Posted Images

they look awesome ledanek! thanks!

fed up of low poly Ghosts???

welll...

SURPRISE!!!!

ScreenShot48.jpg

ScreenShot47.jpg

ScreenShot50-1.jpg

Please note that this is unconfirmed material as i am unsure if it an infringment, if i recieve any notification that it is an infringement, they will be immediately removed without question and they will NOT be included in the next test version.

Laters

thanks to Thales100 for the export ;)

Edited by Zeealex

you know what I find funny, the engine looks and plays like it could still go further! :o they probably could have built GRAW on a slightly modified version of this engine and it probably wouldn't have worked a sweat!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

Please note that this is unconfirmed material as i am unsure if it an infringment, if i recieve any notification that it is an infringement, they will be immediately removed without question and they will NOT be included in the next test version.

Why would that be infringement?!? As Ubisoft keeps telling us again and again... IT'S ALL GHOST RECON!

hahaha! true story, i just wanted to make sure though.

found out something VERY interesting just now...

You don't HAVE to use .rsb files as textures, Targa (.tga) textures work fine! however i don't think that .tga files support Alpha based transparency, so .rsbs may still be needed for the alpha textures.

found this out on a new joint effort to get an UNSPECIFIED Ghost Recon 2 character ingame

essentially if it is alright and stuff and i can find a way of extracting the xbox game's files, we could have Ghost Recon 2 on PC afterall!

Edited by Zeealex

oh i'm thinking of moving them to the Ghost Recon 1 engine, thales100 has figured out the problem we were having with the textures of our GR2 character.

thanks for the link though!

Edited by Zeealex

Few more pics:

post-503-0-20686800-1342208383_thumb.jpg

The next two involve a lighting questions.

Calling the first one brightside, the side that faces the light source on the map.

Some areas are fully lit and others areas not? If there is a remedy let me know.

Seems to be a problem with all plants.

The second pic is the darkside of the same tree. I understand and it's nice that the levels are darker on this side.

post-503-0-91666000-1342208411_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-59101700-1342208446_thumb.jpg

An experiment gone awry:

post-503-0-20727200-1342208465_thumb.jpg

I have DP04, DP03, and DP05 pretty much done.

Working on D04_Riverbed right now.

As I have mentioned. You are using .map files that have already been lit. The lighting information has been burnt into the .map file. You can do a lot of alterations to the .map file in the lighting tool, but you really need the original unlit .map files to be completely successful.

Wonder if Ubi would let us have a set of those?

The lighting on the plants are the SUN in the lighting tool, you can change the angle, and color of it a few times and test the results.

Not much you do about brightside without trying to change the angle of the sun, but with an average of over 600 and above, trees/bushes, on most maps, this would be an impossible thing to deal with on a large scale, tbh.

Thanks for the reply Tinker. Yes it would be so nice to have those unlit map files.

Lighting tool is an exercise in frustration for me with a lit file.

but I might have another go with the it for the heck of it.

Edited by wombat50

Retextures are looking Brill Wombat! it would be nice if ubi could pass along the unlit maps :) buuut, you know ubi :P

new thread here for you to guess the Ghost Recon 2 character thales has exported under my request.

Edited by Zeealex

Fantastic that Thales was able to import a GR2 character into GR.

Can't wait to see it.

Link: http://www.mediafire...5be3gibvvrcoa4y

Uploaded three DS maps that have been re-textured: DP03 Creekbed, DP04 Wilderness, DPO5 Ravine.

Setup as a mod so extract to your GR/Mods folder then activate ingame.

Also included a SP firefight95 available under game types in the load-out screen.

IIRC Alex has done DP02 already so I'm not messing with it.

Leaves me Ghost town, Riverbed, Stronghold, Aurora and Beach. Seems almost a waste to do the night maps as they are played with NV

but I'll probably do them.

Edited by wombat50

oh sorry 101 it's been a while since i passed through :P Thanks!

@cpl Ledanek, brilliant! keep em coming!

Wombat50 fabulismous, thanks!

UPDATE:

Delayed the upload of BETA 4 because of recent Exporting and all that, it'll be up sometime soon though.

apologies!

Before Addition of Desert maps Project Novo was exactly 1.0GB in files size.

i get this horrible gut feeling this mod is going to be huge and a buggar to up/download... :unsure:

In Other news

How Does the prompt

toggleshowtexturememorystats

work?

i don't see anything on screen or in the ike.log

@wombat, it does indeed...

Sick of Galinsky's Botox botch up?

well...

SURPRISE!!!!!

ScreenShot30-3.jpg

YourFriendlyneighbourhoodDiaz.jpg

YFNDCamoPreview1.jpg

BloodyDiaz.jpg

Please note that this has Exclusivity to BETA 4 and 5 (i may get new camos out for the GRAW guys) as do the New High Poly guys, they are early tests for Ghost Recon:Infinity

Please also check YFND-Known Issues.jpg before posting problems you may face, there is one noticable one that turns up from time to time that is known about by both me and Thales100 and should NOT be worried about.

Wow, just read the whole idea...respect in advance. In case you need some new sounds to it, let me know. I work with Logic Pro 9.

In case you're interested, simply drop me a message.

Best,

Koelshooter