Ghost Recon.net Forums

Full Ghost Recon 1 Retexturing [Project Novo]

How's everyone finding mission 5? good changes?

Just a heads up...

BETA 6 will contain:

MAPS:

Mission 6, Witch Fire.

Mission 7, Paper Angel

Mission 8, Zebra Straw

MP06 Castle Day

INTERFACE:

A New Command Map Interface

VEHICLES:

Updated M35 model and Texture.

Updated M1 Abrams model and Texture.

Updated Howitzer model and Texture

CHARACTER:

Updated US Peackeeper Texture.

New Lens colours for Alicia Diaz

Urban Skins for The New models and Diaz

MISC:

Hopefully an updated stationary gun texture.

EFFECT:

Updated Napalm Fire Effect.

It Won't be ready for a little while yet but i want to make this Beta version, EXTRA special. ;)

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ever wondered what happens when you mix a 20 year old engine and cutting edge material generation tech? 🤔 I guess we're about to find out...

Project Novo is listed in the Credits of PLEASE READ ME.HTML found in the main directory of HU V9.

Then it's increasingly likely that some aspects were used for HU  Nice spot Wombat and Shakealeg! 

Posted Images

Diaz with her new camo and Glasses:

ScreenShot141.jpg

ScreenShot311.jpg

ScreenShot261.jpg

there are 6 glasses colours: White, Dark, Red, Purple, Blue and the original Yellow, there will be more.

Urban GRAW guys:

ScreenShot37-1.jpg

New Command Map Interface:

ScreenShot9-1.jpg

ScreenShot10-1.jpg

you might not like the command maps but trust me it took longer than anticipated to get right.

I've downloaded the beta 4/5, but for some reason it crashes whenever I try to load mission 2.

EDIT:

Also, can I give a suggestion? Is there a way to make the bullet impact effects more visible? It seem that when the bullets hit trees, sand or leaves it doesn't happens much. I think a little bit more dust, leaves, bricks and pieces of wood flying around would make everything more exciting. And maybe more realistic(?).

Edited by pmartin

Hey Pmartin, Wombat50 is spot on with the save folder, it's a problem i was unaware of and i may put up a fixed version sometime this week depending on how busy i am, so it should work outright.

I don't think the bullet impacts can be made more visible i'll check in game and see if there are initial effects for this that i can build on, shoot me if i'm wrong but adding new effects is more trouble than it's worth.

I can make the bullet flying effect more visible and update the spark effect, however it has recently come to light that these effects may not be realistic.

i will put them in the EXTRA folder in the next BETA so people can choose to or to not have it ingame as per preference

EDIT:Just noticed your latest post, start a new campaign the old one will cause a crash.

if you can't get that far:

Go to: Ghost Recon>Mods>Project Novo>Actor>Hero, and rename "henry_ramirez.atr" to "alicia_diaz.atr" and then go to the campaign.xml and do the same.

Edited by Zeealex

What wombat said

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE BETA 4/5 FILE FROM THE GIVEN LINK, it will not work as i am working to update it to a working version. i'll give you a separate link in uno momento

Once it's all fixed and reuploaded it should be downloadable on the same link as the old version

Edited by Zeealex

ike.log says

Loading map e:\arquivos de programas\red storm entertainment\ghost recon\mods\project novo beta 4\map\m02_farm\m02_farm.map

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file anim00.rsb

RSFILEDATA: FindFile could not find file anim00.rsb

Unable to find anim00.rsb anywhere.

DS and IT activated and game is patched to 1.4

will try

Go to: Ghost Recon>Mods>Project Novo>Actor>Hero, and rename "henry_ramirez.atr" to "alicia_diaz.atr" and then go to the campaign.xml and do the same.
now.

I have a real puzzle of a problem with m03_dry_branch_bark.rsb on D03 Depot.

See photo below showing rogue lines surrounding the foliage.

post-503-0-90858000-1343846835_thumb.jpg

Surprised I had not noticed this before. I think it is alpha channel related.

I thought the white portion of the trunk in the alpha channel was to wide but narrowed that down with no luck.

I can make the lines disappear by making the alpha all black. Of course the tree disappears as well.

Running stock GR I get the same artifact but not nearly as noticeable.

Ive seen the same sort of thing on a couple of maps, most notable the hunting lodge. down in the water amongst the reeds there is a spiders web of black lines like that above the reed bed. i only noticed it seens i changed GFX card ?

Ive seen the same sort of thing on a couple of maps, most notable the hunting lodge. down in the water amongst the reeds there is a spiders web of black lines like that above the reed bed. i only noticed it seens i changed GFX card ?

Same here. I've up graded my GFX card 3x's since I first noticed them and there still there on my latest GFX card. As you've stated the Hunting Lodge map is the worse one. :hmm:

I'm sorry I'm a little lost here, is this turning up in Project Novo?

If so, I haven't edited any trees apart from mission 1's, I'm doing the trees at the end as a big bunch.

if not and you are asking me to take a look and try to fix them in Project Novo I'm more than happy to give it a go.

Alex,

Its on D03 Depot one of the maps that I uploaded for Project Novo.

Look for this tree:

post-503-0-81245000-1343865108_thumb.jpg

I did update my graphic drivers Sunday so that could be the reason I have just noticed it. I am unsure about that being the reason.

I have noticed it on other stock maps. As Hammer and KRP said Hunting Lodge map sticks in my mind.

With vanilla GR the lines are there but much less apparent then my version of the map.

Saying again, if I make the alpha channel completely black the lines go away but so does the tree. :lol:

Could be something in the model file?

ooh now i'm following XD

a stab in the dark here, BUT i think it might be a small grey line on the left hand edge of the texture, have a look for it

either way, just paint each edge of the alpha channel over with black.

if that doesn't, try to reduce the size of the white for the trunk, past the start of the actual texture.

sounds mad but give it a go, you never know.

i hope that makes sense :/ i'm not at my photoshop PC atm.

Edited by Zeealex

coolio ;)

I have some news you may be interested to hear, i'll tell you in a few days up to long as a fortnight, depending on when it gets to me as well no time frame has been stated. but i'm doubtful it will take longer than a fortnight for you to hear anything.

But watch this space ;)

This is about those nasty lines in the tree texture I wrote about earlier.

I read this in the Motion blur thread:

For those of you who doesn't know FXAA is one of the latest (and fastest) anti aliasing techniques, and well, this is an injector that's been widely used recently. It is waaaay better than the ENB AA. No more lonely pixels floating around GR treetops.

I did adjust my AMD vid card AA settings a few days ago. So I experimented with some changes today.

When I fired up GR and had a look at the offending tree those nasty lines were completely gone.

Edited by wombat50