Forum Upgrade

JohnTC02

WOW.......I love this great new look.

Nice one Rocky !

It needed a revamp I think.

Long live ghostrecon.net.

(Just one point to point out......the GR.net supporter text is quite hard too see on a Blue/Grey type background....otherwise, brilliant.)

:wizard:

Edited by CJo1964

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how on the old setup you could just click a thread title and it would take you to the newest unread post in the thread? Are there any plans for that in the future? It was pretty handy for us lazy folk. :P

If you're on the "view new content" screen, click the little dot to the left of the thread. That should take you to the first unread post.

This works even if you are not in the "view new content" screen. That dot (or star) on the left works in any view mode.

Another way, while on the main forum page, click the topic title listed on the right. Of course this only works for the most recent thread.

There is another way, but since I don't use it, it isn't coming to mind quickly. :wall:

has anyone else's signature change settings gone missing?

Fixed, or at least it should be. It was a simple permissions error that didn't migrate well.

just checked, still not got permissions for it? sorry I'm being a pain.

Edited by Zeealex

So it's up? Not too sure about it..... :shifty:

Awesome, you can earn Warning Points now, I got two! :))

Yeah, one of them is on permanent loan from me. :turned: Still means I got more than you though, twice as many in fact, so there. I like collecting things you see.... :)

Forums looks.... different. Will take some getting used to.

Cool, you can even feed your profile now!

Edited by WytchDokta

Harder to find stuff.

It's actually easier and quicker, but you might notice notice how right away.

What is it you find harder?

It is probably just the matter of getting used to the new layout.

Out of interest, what is the maximum amount of warning points? Would be hilarious for this troublemaker if you said four. I'm willing to donate some to others from my collection.

Anyone tried feeding their profile yet? Or did I misinterpret 'Profile Feed'? :P

Edited by WytchDokta

Awesome, you can earn Warning Points now, I got two! :))

:rofl:

I'm gonna miss the old GR look.

My best friend always tells me change is good, I reply, not always.

Thanks Rocky have been using that one skin for all of these years.

It was like coming home you know?

As usual I always feel like a lost pup when things get changed around. :turned:

Yeah, same here. Always strangely confusing all this at first. Colors will definitely need getting used to. Cannot discern any of the supporters' names now (dark blue on dark... green, is it?), and don't know what to think of all that purple everywhere.

But I like the overall darkness and tranquility of the theme, gives a serene vibe.

I really miss the fact that the forum heading was in a seperate column before so I could click 'New Content' and then quickly scan the entries using the Forum Column ignoring the entries that were not in forums I was interested in.

Looks nice though.

I really miss the fact that the forum heading was in a seperate column before so I could click 'New Content' and then quickly scan the entries using the Forum Column ignoring the entries that were not in forums I was interested in.

Looks nice though.

Try FILTER BY FORUM from the results page in the boxout on the left. It looks like it will save your preference.

DS - i had the same issue. After the forum upgrade it doesn't seem to like offisite avatars. Go to the site that yours is hosted on, right click the avatar and save to your pc. Go to your profile and upload it. It will work then.
It wasn't hosted, it was an upload. My signature's hosted. Where did it go Rocky? :(

DS

DS - i had the same issue. After the forum upgrade it doesn't seem to like offisite avatars. Go to the site that yours is hosted on, right click the avatar and save to your pc. Go to your profile and upload it. It will work then.
It wasn't hosted, it was an upload. My signature's hosted. Where did it go Rocky? :(

DS

Oh, never mind then lol!

Mine was on the attackforcez website and that is how i fixed it. figured yours was the same :)