GR:FS Delayed!

Ubisoft's Financial Statement was just released 15 minutes ago in from the UK offices and amongst other details, announce that GR4 is being delayed from the last quarter this financial year (ie.e sometime after Christmas), it will now be part of next financial years line up, which means a release anytime from Apr 10 to End of Mar 11!

Summary of report in our forums here.

Download the full report from our download server here.

Eh - if they release a working game, its ok for me.

There are enough custom maps and coop missions.

Moreover the coop misions in graw 2 are better than the original.

I dont believe in a cool singleplayer in GR4. I think it will be up to the modders to max out the GR4. Like GRAW 2. The standart stuff was/ is boring.

I dont' think we'll see the actual release until sometimes late 2010 or even early 2011. I just don't see how you could not show anything at all ever, especially E3, and then release a game before the next E3. Doesn't seem possible or smart. Most likely we'll start seeing signs of life in Jan-Mar of next year, then ubi day or whatever that dumb thing is called, then E3, then the game will be delayed until March 2011.

In the days of the "Day One patch", when games are rushed out the door full of problems, this is a good thing. I've waited long enough for another GR, I can wait a few more months to get a more polished game. JMHO.

A GR game being delayed is hardly a 'shock'. I'd be shocked not only if it was on time but that it was released at all.

I kind of hated GRAW at first but after playing GRAW2 and especially loving the sound design I felt that it was quite close to being great but it just lacked 'something' that GR1 had. Apart from good foliage (ok i know i'm obsessed with the way the foliage affected gameplay in GR1) the fact that GRAW thought 'cool' dust in yer face sliding on your belly was more important than having a gimp effect when shot in the leg and stuff like that just pushed it away from the PC/GR1 feel and more towards the Halo crowd.

I'm curious about GR4 but to be honest have have very little hope. Arma2 is kind of weird so i'm hoping that OpFlash2 can get me closer to that GR1 experience.

My question to you guys

I'm not talking to the GRAW crowd here but to Ghost Recon fans

Do you have high hopes for GR4????

Yes. I ve a very big hope.

There must be a new GR or Graw 3 or whatever ... cause this is one of the best tactical shooters. No Super mario like COD or something else ... its just GR ... a bugged game with a small community. I hope it will survive, becouse its great.

This may very well be a good thing for GR4. Maybe it is Ubi trying to show us that they are interested in releasing a game with fewer bugs and more polish than previously released games, at least going back several years.

It may be wishful thinking on my part and trust me, the cynical part of me doesn't think Ubi can pull it off due to past preformance, but once ConViction is released, we may have a barometer to judge from. Far Cry 2 wasn't the baromenter needed to judge how well Ubi has responded to fans by far so until SCC is released, we wil not know. Believe me, I still do not think Ubi can pull it off and hope profits fall even more honestly. Maybe then, they will rethink their strategy for franchises that once had people interested in what they were.

My question to you guys

I'm not talking to the GRAW crowd here but to Ghost Recon fans

Do you have high hopes for GR4????

Nah.

I'm sure it will be a good game as such. I mean, Red Storm aren't amateurs. But we're not talking about making a good game here. We're talking about something that will replace GR as the yardstick for tactical shooters, and that's an entirely different proposition. There are endless pitfalls, where small details can ruin the experience, yet new features, improving on the existing and taking advantage of current technology, are essential. It's like trying to make an adrenalin-inducing arcade racing game while maintaining the fastidious attention to realism of a hardcore race sim.

Even if they can, I'm not sure Ubisoft wants to. Realism, tacticalness and open-ended gameplay with scant (if any) pre-set storyline is not in vogue these days. Frankly, were I a AAA developer exec, I'm not sure I'd be willing to run that risk either. Kudo's to whomever has the stones to try though.

So, high hopes for GR4 as the game that can finally relegate GR to the shelf? Nope.

EDIT: I'm dying for them to prove me wrong though ;)

Edited by krise madsen

Yup!!!!!

I asked the question because I'm in the same boat as a matter of fact I don't care anymore

Are Ubisoft going to release a new GR game????? Yes because is GR is a important franchise

Are we going to get a game the game we want??? I don't think so

The last RSE game for PC was R6 Lockdown the game was pretty but that's abouit with not support at all and the never relased mod tools to the community to fix their low than average game ohhhh I forgot yes they release the NED editor so we can do our own mission but without any documentation how the heck

are we going to use that?

Now I own both GRAW's on the XBOX360 and the multiplayer is OK with the right people but I really don't like the 3rd person view and the 1st person view doesn't look right to me for some reason....I hope they ditch the GRAW series and come back to a more traditional Spec Ops series but I won't hold my breath.

Edited by Sgt. Atoa

Well it goes without saying that I am hopefull for a VERY succesfull Ghost Recon 4. Not because I have (much) inside information but because of the fact that Ubisoft are pinning their financial hopes on only a handfull of titles for next year and Ghost Recon is without a doubt one of their biggest games. They simply cannot risk to have Ghost Recon be anything but a huge success, and that means on the PC as posted elsewhere, this is where the sales figures are peaking. And to be a major success on the PC Ubisoft know that anything that draws a 'console port' critiscm will keep the entire hardcore community away - personally I think Ubi are not only aware of this but are going to pull put all the stops to make sure GR4 succesfully engages old ans new fans alike.

But hey, I am the eternal Ghost Recon optimist!

Well it goes without saying that I am hopefull for a VERY succesfull Ghost Recon 4. Not because I have (much) inside information but because of the fact that Ubisoft are pinning their financial hopes on only a handfull of titles for next year and Ghost Recon is without a doubt one of their biggest games. They simply cannot risk to have Ghost Recon be anything but a huge success...

That's actually one of the reasons I don't think we'll get a GR replacement: GRAW1/2(Console) was a big seller, and I think Ubi is more likely to make a safe bet than go for broke and go all tactical and realistic on us.

Same old song and dance from UBI. :whistle: Now I guess they will tell us GR4 is going to be well worth the wait! Then we'll end up with some half baked one hero wonder boy soldier game that has $5 worth of gameplay. :wall:

I have a feeling that we might NOT see the return of Scott Mitchell. The hero-character just does not create the immersion feeling I want in a game. I want to play as my self. ( not with myself, as THAT'S another game! :P )

Besides I hate dying all the time, and have to start the mission all over again.

Also, even though "another" game has a heart-beat sensor, maybe they will stop with all the gadgets. I wasn't pleased with the link up satellite stuff blasting in my ear all the time. I thought we were supposed to be stealthy...? Quiet....? Ghosts.......?

But its gets a little sad that after all these years, and what this community has endured, UBI just misses the point.

They say they want input, but do they really implement it? They want the GR franchise to be a success,but it is becoming just like the other games out there.

So I will wait with all of you.......................hoping..............praying.