Photo Corner

Papa6

nice way to pic your kids. I have a vouchure for a free print on canvas (30x40 cm) And I'm still looking to catch my kids in a nice natural way witout any of them making a funny face..... this pose looks promising, maybe..... I could be lucky....

• 3 months later...

Nice mate.

Fund this a couple of weeks ago, on the same subject.

http://digital-photography-school.com/blog...ning-portraits/

Great Job Rocky, that was a great little bit of information mate! I found it to be VERY helpful. I think alot of people who do photography, have this misconception that, learning even basic techniques, or rather relearning them, takes away from ones expertise.

As I always say, Einstein could do some of the worlds most difficult math problems but, he couldn't figure out how to do a simple checkbook.

my own personal quote I've used for years

I have nowhere near the talent that most of you folks have, but I thought I'd share a few that I took whilst on vacation. First up, a couple of shots of DC at sunset, looking down from Arlington. I tried my best to capture just how amazing the city looks, with the buildings lit up like fire. Breathtaking, really. In retrospect, I think I needed to have a wide-angle lens of some type to really capture the full range of human vision. Also, perhaps someone can explain to me why each photo is separated into distinct quadrants. I don't know if it's my camera, or if it's the way the film place processed my photos.

IMG021.jpg

This one is a bit better, I think.

IMG022-1.jpg

This one, I honestly can't remember where I was when I shot it. We may have been in DC, or we may have been in/near Gettysburg. Either way, I looked up and saw this beautiful sky, and just snapped my camera. I'm rather pleased with how it turned out. :)

IMG022.jpg

This needs no explanation. However, I was surprised at how far away you have to stay from the White House. On TV, it looks so close to the street.

IMG023.jpg

And here, the Washington Monument.

IMG026.jpg

I also got quite a few of a helicopter landing at the White House, if anyone is interested. :)

This needs no explanation. However, I was surprised at how far away you have to stay from the White House. On TV, it looks so close to the street.

Good shots. The answer to your surprise is that when you're looking on TV, they are more than likely using long (or telephoto) lenses that "compress" everything to make it look closer. Thats the best layman's explination I can use, for what it's worth :)

How are you enjoying that cold weather, bro? I love that snowy shot. It's going to be a hot, muggy Christmas here in Florida, as usual. We'll just turn down the A/C, and pretend it's cold. :P

How? Was hoping global warming would happen overnight for christmas. 0:)

Get to go lay around in it at the ranges. :ph34r: I had that feeling when I joined up I would go strait up to the arctic. :rofl:

in the Army you either freeze or sweat to death. It is kind of a job requirement. ;)

• 1 month later...

Just a quick series of snaps that I took yesterday while sitting on a resort balcony overlooking the Hunter Valley.

Uh oh, fire on a ridgeline like that isn't that good a thing!

Good thing there's guys on station with the gear to deal with it, just cursing myself for not having a better camera...most of these were taken at max optical zoom (10x) and somewhat into digital zoom aswell so the quality really sucks!

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

Sat there with a cold beer watching the same bird make repeat runs between the fire and waterhole for nearly an hour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this doesn't really need a seperate thread, but i got a bit bored waitin for my mates at the park, they took ages to come.. So fought i'd take a few snaps around the park..

on this picture i only realised when i got home, the flies were cought in a web :rocky:

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

enjoy

Edited by squad_e

• 2 weeks later...

I had to go downtown Monday so I took a walk over to Centennial Olympic Park and took a few pics.

My sis, bro and I went in on buying a brick for our parents. This is like the second time I have seen it (the first was an On The Bricks concert back in 2004) and the folks have never seen it though they have a copy of it at home.

Another pic is of the Westin Hotel that was damaged by an EF2 tornado that grew to 200 yards wide that hit downtown Atlanta last March.

copbrick.jpg

cop.jpg

dogwoods.jpg

ofountain.jpg

statue.jpg

gaa.jpg

westin.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Another insect pic :rolleyes: Didn't really want to get too close to this sucker for fear of getting stuck in his net so it had to be taken from a few meters away...was a pain to get the old autofocus camera to focus on the spider and not the tree in the background.

spider.jpg

Another insect pic :rolleyes: Didn't really want to get too close to this sucker for fear of getting stuck in his net so it had to be taken from a few meters away...was a pain to get the old autofocus camera to focus on the spider and not the tree in the background.

spider.jpg

nice work SnowFella..

mig :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the Diamond Head lookout and took a few photos.

this one was on the trail up, I liked the look of this grass.

DHgrass.jpg

This is from the top of the lookout, looking to Waikiki and Honolulu

WaikikifromDHLookout.jpg

And another one from the Honolulu Aquarium, its a little Clown Fish trying to hide.

20090502_190.jpg

Edited by Fletch

I can never get a clean image of the sunset. The sky colors will be true but the sun itself is always a blob. this one was taken at f3.5 at 125.

20090509_146.jpg

Edited by Fletch

• 4 weeks later...

Oh well, first halfarsed attempt at taking a photo of the moon with the new camera.

That is really good, lightyears better than my attempt a while back. I'd be really pleased to take a moon shot with that kind of detail.

Edit > can you put the full image up somewhere so I can take a look?