Squirrels Creek

Biro

Haven't thought about it yet, gonna finish this Castle map and Squirrels Creek and then I'll think about it if I should make any more. If I do, I think it will be something from scratch. It's just more fun when you can make it as you go along.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the fog and the light can be adjusted in the enviroments.xml file. I expect this map will be adjusted to both clear day and night aswell, maybe both with and without fog, but this is the version I'll release as I think the dusk-lighting gives a better mood to the map then a bright and clear day.

Sounds good, can't wait...

Inferno' date='Sep 9 2007, 10:37 AM' post='494260']

Both the fog and the light can be adjusted in the enviroments.xml file. I expect this map will be adjusted to both clear day and night aswell, maybe both with and without fog, but this is the version I'll release as I think the dusk-lighting gives a better mood to the map then a bright and clear day.

Sounds good, can't wait...

I mean really can't wait...

Sorry for the double post but this is like waiting on a new game...

Any update besides tweaks?

No, not really Inferno. Used whole last night to tweak the environment file to get a good blend between the ocean and the horizon, but can't really say I was too happy with the result anyway. Gonna look some more into it tonight. The whole map is more or less done. All geometry is imported, landscape is finished so what I have left I only to add some more dynamic grass and rock and maybe some more small details. Then I'll try to setup the commandmap, sounds and all needed files for the game to run the map properly and it should be ready. I have a small hope to have it ready before the week is over, but you never know.

This is going to be horrible! In all the screen shots, I haven't seen a single squirrel! I say Biro did learn false advertising and bad PR from Ubisoft!

:rofl: J/K 0:)

Actually he should say it will be ready next Friday, be totally silent until then, on the following Friday, announce that a new addition for Squirrel's Creek for Xbox360 is ready for DL and that the PC version has been delayed until November 15. Then on November 16th announce that the PC version will be delayed until December31 and never mention another word about it until then and just post a dl link when its ready. w00t <----JK also :lolup:

BTW Biro....looks awesome, can't wait, I know doing it right takes time...take yours.....it will be worth it in the end

:notworthy:

Actually he should say it will be ready next Friday, be totally silent until then, on the following Friday, announce that a new addition for Squirrel's Creek for Xbox360 is ready for DL and that the PC version has been delayed until November 15. Then on November 16th announce that the PC version will be delayed until December31 and never mention another word about it until then and just post a dl link when its ready. w00t <----JK also :lolup:

BTW Biro....looks awesome, can't wait, I know doing it right takes time...take yours.....it will be worth it in the end

:notworthy:

maybe cancel it all together and announce squirrel's creek advanced treehugger for pc.

nah, release it any way... maybe i'll get a xbox for it :P

Small update;

Getting closer to the release of MP Castle now. I got some feedback of the environment I had been working with and I decided to drop it and make it a true rebuild of the day version we have in old Ghost Recon. It will balance the team vs. team play better as I think the first env. I had would have ended up being pure sniper battles. Map is 99% done, I just want to tweak the props/brushes a bit then it's time to set it up with commandmap, cubemaps and bundling. Hope to have most of the work done tomorrow and then it shouldn't be too long before it's ready for some real testing.

A small teaser just to show of the new environment and to please some people in the weekend. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

minisqcreek13.jpg

Small update;

Getting closer to the release of MP Castle now. I got some feedback of the environment I had been working with and I decided to drop it and make it a true rebuild of the day version we have in old Ghost Recon. It will balance the team vs. team play better as I think the first env. I had would have ended up being pure sniper battles. Map is 99% done, I just want to tweak the props/brushes a bit then it's time to set it up with commandmap, cubemaps and bundling. Hope to have most of the work done tomorrow and then it shouldn't be too long before it's ready for some real testing.

A small teaser just to show of the new environment and to please some people in the weekend. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

minisqcreek13.jpg

Thanks for the update

So since you dropped the old environment do any of the previous screen shots look anything like the new map now? I am glad the lighting has brightened up a bit because I was the one to mention the dusk look of it. I am glad you took into consideration making it a better TDM map but how does it relate to the [GR] map? Hopefully we will see a product very soon. Thanks for all the dedication and hard work thus far with this map.

Inferno' date='Sep 14 2007, 11:35 PM' post='495069']

Thanks for the update

So since you dropped the old environment do any of the previous screen shots look anything like the new map now? I am glad the lighting has brightened up a bit because I was the one to mention the dusk look of it. I am glad you took into consideration making it a better TDM map but how does it relate to the [GR] map? Hopefully we will see a product very soon. Thanks for all the dedication and hard work thus far with this map.

I'm not updating any of the old screenshots, you have to imagine how it looks like till release. :yes:

The fog distance is pretty close to the old GR map as I used that one when setting it up. Problem is that the fog in old GR works a bit different then here, so you will see some silhouttes at certain places towards the sky. Doesn't affect gameplay though, so shouldn't be any problem.

Squirrels Creek is on hold at the moment. Gonna finish that one up when I get Castle out. Not really that much work to do there, but it's time consuming anyhow and I have a slight feeling people want to test castle as soon as possible.

The fog distance is pretty close to the old GR map as I used that one when setting it up. Problem is that the fog in old GR works a bit different then here, so you will see some silhouttes at certain places towards the sky. Doesn't affect gameplay though, so shouldn't be any problem.

I remember funny shadows visible throught wall in GR1 too

I have a slight feeling people want to test castle as soon as possible.

:bounce: