Campaign coop server "cannot establish connection"

The choppter has been bugged forever.. Sometimes its funny to watch it. I remember one mission back in the graw days, it was the mission with the road blocks and it picked you up and dripped you off again, where it actually left me on my screen at that part but to the host, my friend, I was stuck in the choppter to him. Funny stuff.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it has to do with a combination of CPU speed, connection speed/stability and map size. But as earlier stated, it's being worked on.

Thanks Wolf, just trying to keep folks informed on what has happened. I know you are working the problem and will do your best to solve it. If you would rather that I not post anymore regarding this I can oblige.

Been playing Coop with some of my friends for some time... since the original GR.

This 1.03 patch bug which practically disables coop campaign playing/hosting is making us wonder WHY there is nothing mentioned on the www.ghostrecon.net News page?

New mods and maps are surely getting attention but one should assume that issues that actually prohibit playing the damn things should be getting some attention. After all, there is little chance to avoid installing the patch, hence avoiding the bug!

Been playing Coop with some of my friends for some time... since the original GR.

This 1.03 patch bug which practically disables coop campaign playing/hosting is making us wonder WHY there is nothing mentioned on the www.ghostrecon.net News page?

New mods and maps are surely getting attention but one should assume that issues that actually prohibit playing the damn things should be getting some attention. After all, there is little chance to avoid installing the patch, hence avoiding the bug!

:blink: didnt install the patch 1.03 and/or played the game recently. could you please elaborate on that matter? to me it sounds like co-op-play is disabled with patch 1.03? cant be... :ph34r:

:blink: didnt install the patch 1.03 and/or played the game recently. could you please elaborate on that matter? to me it sounds like co-op-play is disabled with patch 1.03? cant be... :ph34r:

The patch installation starts automatically if I remember correctly. As a regular user I see no point in questioning upgrades. After all, they should give game improvements and bug fixes. If a patch disables some features, naturally there should be some kind of statement or warning. However, considering the popularity of Coop gaming, especially in the GR and GRAW community, I doubt that it was intentional... or atleast I hope so!

'Brainman2k', you need to Read the thread as all the info is posted

But to sum up: At the moment you cannot host campaign coop (you and up to three humans replaying the SP missions) on maps other than 1, 2 or 7

MikeSucker, Of course is wasn’t deliberate :wall:

It is due to an unintended “map timing bug” introduced by patch 1.03 (hence the reason no warning with the patch - they didnt know it was there)

GRIN have identified the cause and are working on the fix and it should be released shortly

i did. i even posted before in this thread why do you think i asked "mikesucker" on how he meant his posting...

it astounded me that they might have disabled co-op COMPLETELY until they sort out the prob in patch 1.04 or whenever...hence my posts.

@ pave low: thx for the explanation.

Edited by Brainman2k

MikeSucker, Of course is wasn’t deliberate :wall:

Pave Low, you may bang your head against the wall as much as you see fit, but the fact remains that Coop seems to be an extinct mode in many games, therefore my rough statement.

Regarding the patch, I would assume that extensive testing always preceds launching a patch. Mistakes happen however, even to the best of us 0:)

Hey Brainman

When Starting up the game you will be prompted about the patch update, click no. When you quit the the game you will get the prompt again, Click no. If you got the update ,uninstall game and reinstall and only install 1.02 patch from GR.nets downloads page.

I,m still waiting for info on the patch

Bugsplatter

Hey Brainman

When Starting up the game you will be prompted about the patch update, click no. When you quit the the game you will get the prompt again, Click no. If you got the update ,uninstall game and reinstall and only install 1.02 patch from GR.nets downloads page.

I,m still waiting for info on the patch

guess i'll wait for the next patch, too...

Which hopefully shouldn't be too long

The core essence of this thread has been moved to form a "Bug Report" in the new Bug report forum as GRIN have commented that bug reports were getting completely lost in threads amid Discussion and O/T posting (EG this thread is six pages long with 137 replies!)

The "new" bug report is here

Feel free to keep discussing it here in this thread (which will remain open),

but Please keep the "new" bug report thread free of all discussion and it will allow you to see the current situation and any updates from GRIN

*obviously details of the next patch/fix will be posted on the news page and in the general discussion forum, when announced.

Guest User Name

sinse the patch I haven't been able to see one of my buddies servers and can see another buddies servers just fine.

also am having probs with coop servers as well

Any update? My friends and I have been waiting to play missions 9 and 10 since the patch. None of us can load these maps. Also, do you guys plan on releasing more maps soon like you did in GRAW1 patches?

[Edit: Post removed from Bug Report and moved to Tech support "discussion" thread]

Edited by Pave Low

When there is any news they will tell us, until then we can do nothing but wait impatiently :P

and as for more content , that is Off Topic for this thread as not related to problem in hand, but it is down to UBI and what they will pay for (or allow GRIN to do)

Apparently it has to do with a combination of CPU speed, connection speed/stability and map size. But as earlier stated, it's being worked on.

With all due respect Wolfsong, this post is not accurate in my humble opinion. The only common link is when GameSpy is in the loop. Whenever we leave GameSpy out of the loop and create a LAN only Coop Mission server, it works just fine. Only when you sign into GameSpy there is an issue. Like the many other issues there is with using GameSpy. You may revert back to connection speed, but I am connection via a full business T1 line and have friends with even faster connections and the same symptoms (GameSpy).

As you had suggested in another thread I tried to find a forum that UBI reads and will respond to concerning GRAW 2 and wasn't able to find one to request that the direct IP connection feature be restored in the game like it used to be with the [Ghost Recon]. Would GRIN please be kind enough to mention this to UBI in a future meeting or in another manner then post back their response? If GRIN letting them know the GRAW 2 community is requesting this feature is not a viable option, could you please post a link to a forum or email that they do monitor and respond to so we can make this request ourselves?

I realize that the 80 some extra sales that would be generated by our XRW Team are rather small peanuts in the grand scheme of things. However UBI may find a whole lot of other Teams like ours jumping back on their band wagon if they didn't need to deal with GameSpy issues all the time and could run a direct connect server. Let's go back to the old CD in the drive authentication scheme, or even setup an authentication server or servers if Piracy is the underlying issue. I somehow doubt that it's a contractual issue with GameSpy since there are so many other games on the shelf that offer both direct IP and/or GameSpy methods of hosting.

[Edit: Post removed from Bug Report and moved to Tech support "discussion" thread]

Edited by Pave Low

Just to let you know.

Last night after playing a long and enjoyable Campaign coop game, the only other player in the game got kicked out of the server on the 9th map, so I took it opon myself to reboot my PC and restart the server but I received the Campaign coop server "cannot establish connection" error. :(

He tried to create a Campaign coop server but also got the "cannot establish connection" error.

Why not just release a kind of hotfix just for this problem ? Since GRIN already know what the problem is, would it be possible to release patch 1.031 that only fix the coop campaign problem ?

It`s not really practical. They know of more then this error, so if they were to release this 1 fix, they would leave other`s unhappy that they never made a quick fix for there issue too. Your not alone waiting and hoping for the patch to come.

:)

just yesterday we played a 4-man-coop-session again. we used the 1.02-version of the game. you just have to find out which of the computers is the slowest concerning map-loading time. in our case this was a laptop. use this machine as host and you can play all the maps without the "connection lost"-issue.

of course this is rather unpracticable when you only have one dedicated server....but it works at least for lan-configurations.

I just got off the phone with UBI Tech Support in fact the guys name was Fred. I inquired about the issue with the 1.03 patch and getting the error message cannot connect to server when attempting to set up an on line campaign server. I was told that ther are NO KNOWN ISSUES WITH THE PATCH 1.03. What is going on?

Why not just release a kind of hotfix just for this problem ? Since GRIN already know what the problem is, would it be possible to release patch 1.031 that only fix the coop campaign problem ?

It`s not really practical. They know of more then this error, so if they were to release this 1 fix, they would leave other`s unhappy that they never made a quick fix for there issue too. Your not alone waiting and hoping for the patch to come.

:)

Well, what's more practical, releasing a hotfix or losing potential future sales because you made the game unplayable?