Unable to host Online Coop Campaign servers

Since patching to 1.03, I can confirm that we can no longer host an Online Campaign server on maps other than 1, 2 or 7

As soon as for example I try to host Mission 3 (Act II - Welcome to Juarez)

it starts "loading" then it says

Connection Error

Failed to establish connection to server

The application has happened upon an unknown error

Try restarting the application

Yet if I try Mission 1, 2 or 7 they load fine

and I can host all the maps fine on a LAN Campaign server

I can connect and play on my coop dedi fine too

*when I looked on the server browser list I only saw THREE Campaign coop servers and they were on missions 1 or 2 (in fact now there are no Campaign coop servers on the list)

[Edit] There is now one Campaign coop server on the list......and it's on mission 7

Edited by Pave Low

Same problem here for hosting non dedicated ONLINE CAMPAIGN COOP....

Same can not connect error.

Same "happened upon unknown error".

Same 1,2 and 7 maps loading fine.

Same for 6 other members of my clan who bought this game.

Same lets blame something else other than the patch responses!

Worked well, excluding bugs, under 1.2. Added the patch and now left with 3 of 10 campaign coop maps to play.

Haven't tried LAN yet but hoping, no preying, it will work via Hamachi online LAN software.

If you can HOST the other maps in CAMPAIGN COOP then please acknowledge it and where you are from.

Could this be a localization issue? I am from UK, 1 clan member, also having error, is from Finland.

Is there a timeout setting in the files somewhere?

Jack

Edited by ARUJackal

I can confirm that I cannot host a co-op campaign(curiously I can host missions 1,2,7). I get the same error as all the other guys.

I think only a small portion of players have acually tried hosting co-op campaign, and thats why there's only so little people reporting the error. I'm sure there are tons of other players that can;t host and don't know it yet because they haven't tried.

And Wolfsong, I never said the patch fragged my HD. I said it is absurd for a patch to require a re installation and a HD defrag to work properly.

Edited by Zoot

ok some more info for the mix

if I launch GR:AW 2 and just add mission 06 (or 09) in the list on it's own, it will load ok,

but if I then go back to the main menu and then to multiplayer and add mission 06 (or 09) it then comes up with "Connection Error" and if i close GR:AW 2, then launch GR:AW 2 and add mission 06 (or 09) in the list on it's own again, it will load ok

For me:

missions 06 and 09 will only load once per session

even trying them individually, I cannot get missions 03, 04, 05, 08 or 10 to load to briefing screen at all

Missions 01, 02 and 07 will load and play repeatedly during the same session

just to reiterate again, this only applies to Hosting Online Campaign Coop

Oh yeah, Deleting my profile completely, deleting game_info_coop.xml & game_info.xml and defraging the drive had absolutely ZERO effect on this problem

I can assure you wolf. there is aproblem with the online and lan coop campaign server. I can load neither. Each will create the errors for me as clearly stated by Pave Low.

Amidst all the noise and frustration in this thread, exists a well written bug report filled with meaningful clues to lead your programmers towards the fix.

Pave lows reports are excellent. They delve clearly into some symptoms of the bug. but rest assured. It is a bug.

Please simply let us know that you can reproduce it on your end and that the programmers know it exists. I think that is all we need to know here ...... And then we can all continue to ignore the angry kids knowing that your guys are on it for the next go around.

Edited by Sleepdoc

And Wolfsong, I never said the patch fragged my HD. I said it is absurd for a patch to require a re installation and a HD defrag to work properly.

It doesn't, as the majority of the users prove.

I only report possible bugs of this type, I don't fix them as it's not my area, and it will be done. But the work day hasn't started yet since all of you started posting. Be patient when you live on the "wrong" side of the globe.