Hurry My Fellow N. Americans

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ARE PC GAMES SUCH POOR SELLERS, OR IS THIS A REFLECTION OF EBs MAINLY CONSOLE SPECIFIC BUSINESS MODEL?

Maybe the head of pressure is releived at places like COMP USA, BEST BUY, WALMARTS and TARGETS?

its both, pc doesnt sell like a console and thus drives EBs business model of catering to the console... cant blame eb, afterall they go where the business is

I think that's US only though. Everywhere else in the world PC games are still #1, if I remember correctly.

Yesterday, I stopped at my local EB and reserved a copy with their usual $5 fee.

Today i called to see if it was in. I was truly shocked to find out that my local branch, in a dense middle class neigborhood with tons of homes, only got ONE COPY.

Luckily, that copy is mine. The store guy said they arleady turned away 2 other people this morning who came in, buecase their only copy was reserved by me.

WHY WOULD AN EB IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUGELY DENSE RESIDENTIAL AREA ONLY GET ONE COPY ON RELEASE DAY?

ARE PC GAMES SUCH POOR SELLERS, OR IS THIS A REFLECTION OF EBs MAINLY CONSOLE SPECIFIC BUSINESS MODEL?

Maybe the head of pressure is releived at places like COMP USA, BEST BUY, WALMARTS and TARGETS?

It's insane. They are losing sales, possibly in the high hundreds.

I think that's US only though. Everywhere else in the world PC games are still #1, if I remember correctly.

In Sweden the top 20 selling list for May had 11 PC games (6 in the top 10), 1 Wii game, 5 PS2 games, 1 PS3 game, 1 DS game and 1 360 game. And of those the PS3 and 360 game was the same (Guitar Hero II), and both versions of Spider-Man 3 for PS2 where on the list... So PC is still number one over here.

EDIT: Removed US top 10 list from the same period as I found out it was a console only list. :P No wonder there where 0 PC games on it.

In Sweden the top 20 selling list for May had 11 PC games, 1 Wii game, 5 PS2 games, 1 PS3 game, 1 DS game and 1 360 game. And of those the PS3 and 360 game was the same (Guitar Hero II), and both versions of Spider-Man 3 for PS2 where on the list... So PC is still number one over here.

For NA - World of Warcraft and Sims own the pc crowd, then your RTSs are still going strong, Battlefield series.. etc.., but other then that... consoles owns the sales charts

Yesterday, I stopped at my local EB and reserved a copy with their usual $5 fee.

Today i called to see if it was in. I was truly shocked to find out that my local branch, in a dense middle class neigborhood with tons of homes, only got ONE COPY.

Luckily, that copy is mine. The store guy said they arleady turned away 2 other people this morning who came in, buecase their only copy was reserved by me.

WHY WOULD AN EB IN THE MIDDLE OF A HUGELY DENSE RESIDENTIAL AREA ONLY GET ONE COPY ON RELEASE DAY?

No ######! I walked into GameStop/EB (GameStop owns EB) after confirming via telephone that they had received their shipment, only to be told that the copy I was purchasing was their only COPY. I once worked for GameStop Corporate in the marketing department here in North Texas after leaving the Marine Corps, and GameStops policies have now become EB's policies, unfortunantly. If you will recall, prior to the rather expensive acquisition (almost a billion dollars), EB would purchase used PC games, however, that went out the window following the buy-out.

It's a console driven market, regardless of what annual PC game sales may reflect.

I got my copy from Gamestop and it is now installed!!!!!!!!! Thanks GRIN. Now I am ready. Just need to install the patches now and go kick some ass.

Patch installed, time to go kick some ass!!!!

Thanks GRIN for your time and effort in making this game.

Edited by Demanufakture

EB Games is at the bottom of my list for PC games.

For new releases, they still have a technique and system in place that seperates them from the others.

Go into a best buy a few days before a new relase and ask them what oyu can do to reserve yours on that day. answer? nothing.

Go into a EB and ask. Although their system does not reveal to you how many they are getting, the guy behind the coutner can tell you with near precision accuracy on what day it will arrive and if you can reserve one for that day by giving them 5 bucks. In other words, they developed a strategy that still gets them PC game sales in a way that out performs relase day at other places, even though they commit almost no shelf space.

Considering their limitation on shelf space, i would call their strategy pretty smart. I was able to get my copy on a known day without having to worry about people buying their stock out from underneath me. Their system still beats anything any other retailer does.

Got the unlock code from Ubisoft, however, it "failed in decryption" three times. I deleted my "pre-load" and just down loaded it again. Waited two hours for it to download. Funny thing was that the "new" download was not the 3.34 GB, but 3.31 GB's. Anyway, got it started in the install and had to stop that because I had to get the MP key, before it would setup! :wall: Anyway, got that put in and have been playing it for the last two hours (SP). Game is fun. But, already two CTD and a bug where the mule would not move from the first place I sent it in Mission 2. Still having fun. GREAT JOB GRIN :thumbsup:

Called Gamestop today at noon. The guy who answered the phone said they had a 1 copy and when asked would hold it for me under my name. I told them I was on my way to purchase it. 30 minutes later, I get there a girl is behind the counter and I tell her that I'm there to pick up the copy of GRAW2 that the guy I spoke with said he would hold for me. She looks everywhere behind the counter, in drawers etc. She checks the floor stock as well. No game. She ducks in to the back stock room, and comes back and tells me the guy says he didn't pull it. And it should be out there. But there is no game to be found.

I have just about had it with EB Games and Gamestop. They range from idiot employees who don't know anything about gaming much less PC gaming to elitist rude employees who act like you are inconveniencing them when you ask to purchase something from then. I HATE these shops with a passion.

I guess I'll just have to wait until Thursday or Friday until Best Buy or Target near me gets it.

Edited by FI_FlimFlam

Called Gamestop today at noon. The guy who answered the phone said they had a 1 copy and when asked would hold it for me under my name. I told them I was on my way to purchase it. 30 minutes later, I get there a girl is behind the counter and I tell her that I'm there to pick up the copy of GRAW2 that the guy I spoke with said he would hold for me. She looks everywhere behind the counter, in drawers etc. She checks the floor stock as well. No game. She ducks in to the back stock room, and comes back and tells me the guy says he didn't pull it. And it should be out there. But there is no game to be found.

I have just about had it with EB Games and Gamestop. They range from idiot employees who don't know anything about gaming much less PC gaming to elitist rude employees who act like you are inconveniencing them when you ask to purchase something from then. I HATE these shops with a passion.

I guess I'll just have to wait until Thursday or Friday until Best Buy or Target near me gets it.

Speaking as a former GameStop Corporate employee, I couldn't agree more. EB was a far better retailer and distributer than GS ever was. At least EB had a sense of standards when hiring occured.

IN my area we had a little store called babbages, of course gamestop bought them out.....They use to have a hardcore amount of pc game space on their shelves and had many hard to find games also. Not anymore since gamestop took over, I have more pc games on my shelf than they do.....

As far as I can tell, MICRO CENTER has the best PC gaming section of any chain. but there are very few of them and they do not necessarily get all new releases on the first day. I wonder if they got GRAW2 today in any number?

On the other hand, they carry the widest variation in PC games seen anywhere. Additionally, they carry more maintstream and obscure PC gaming hardware than anyone else too.

When the X-52 Pro was not scheduled ot be on the shelves at any other place for a long time to come, MICRO CENTER had 3 of them

Ever seen the G25 steeering wheel by logitech? They have 3 in stock (a 300 dollar top of the line peice very hard to find on the shelves). they also have many middle and low end wheels and joysticsk as well.

You know those PC games you can only get from British web sites ? They carry them in stock. I found a copy of Athena sowrd there the other day. Try to find that one anywhere. even online....

But on release days, they are not necessarily the right place to go....

Edited by Sleepdoc

I got it and I love it. One of my favorite missions so far has to be the airport one. Just so sweet. I also like Act 2's Joining Forces. That one is awesome. Mad urban warfare. But I like how they sorta toned down the bright lighting and also didn't make the buildings that ginormous like in GRAW. The friendly AI still derps it up from time to time even in recon mode but they're definately better. I love the guns but I wish I could equip myself and my teammates with extra ammo/grenades. But I guess that's the point of being able to pick up the rebel weapons Which really do come in handy. And may the 1st-person insertions rest in peace. Anyways, thanks alot GRIN(not ubi) for the great game.

......also didn't make the buildings that ginormous like in GRAW.

That's because GRAW 2 takes place in and around Juarez, Mexico and not Mexico City. ;) Juarez is not exactly a thriving commerce area, well at least not the legal kind anyways.

@ Gamestop/EB in my area

Me: I look around the store and see no PC games in 2 laps so i head for the counter

Me: excuse me, but do you have GRAW2?

Dimwit: Did they release that for PC?

Me: Yesterday was pre-release

Dimwit: Did you try bestbuy?

Me: they say online not until the 20th

Dimwit: (checks his PC) Oh look we were susposed to get a few copies today but they didn't show. Probably tomorrow

Me: I run a game server... guess i'm heading to direct2drive

Dimwit: Probably a good idea.

Needless to say i have it via direct2drive... our server AttackforceZ is up... and i must say

Bravo Grin!

Now where are the ladders... our team is almost completely ready to match and MP TDM ROCKS!

For those complaining about only 2 copies per GameStop store... theres 4500 stores. If we can get 9000 players I'd be stoked.

bota.. im still waiting to get my copy.. but once i do, im gonna get ya >: )

Had fun, but for the record you haven't got me yet :zorro:

Edited by BOTA:X

Preorded it from the local Gamestop. The salesman said that is the best thing to do at Gamestop because they don't stock many PC titles anymore. When I got there, there was 1 lone copy on the shelf. They did also have my copy reserved. Its just easier, right down the road from my house. Ususally have at least one copy of any game I'd be interested in. CompUSA had a great selection until they closed it down. Microcenter has a nice variety as well. As far as CompUSA, one of the tech geeks who also happened to be a PC gamer, said it usually takes about 2-4 weeks before CompUSA puts a new release for PC on the shelf. Not so sure about Microcenter's policy.

There is always Amazon.com if it becomes hard to find. It seems they are sub-contracting Target for this one:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2

Other products by UBI Soft

Platform: Windows XP

No customer reviews yet. Be the first. | Accessories

Price: $49.99

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Target.

4 used & new available from $49.99 4?

Microcenter: GRAW2

Get it, and get on the battlefield!!!!

Edited by Cell*AFZ*