WD leaving GR modding scene

There's no need for petrifaction anymore, my reign of terror has come to an end. A few weeks ago, I hinted in a post that I will leaving the GR modding scene some time very soon. That time is now. I've made up my mind. There's nothing you guys & gals can do or say to make me change it.

There are many reasons for my departure. Firstly, I want to touch base on the main reasons - The community isn't what it used to be. I'm not entirely sure where the turning point was, but the birth of the 'virus' resulted in us loosing our best modders, and now the 'virus' has finally taken a hold of me. I took on DANFOR from another modder. I did it to help him out because I'm like that (yeah, I know there's rumours that I'm a bad person (don't blame them really, what with my static 100% warning level since last year)). Community spirit, help me to help you. Damn, where did that go? I had called for reform, called for some-one to make amends, but it still seems the community is in the same state.

I recruited a small dev team to work on DANFOR alongside me. The fact of the matter is, the rest of team went off to leave me to it. They would tell me that my idea was too ambitious etc, they feared for that reason the mod would never make it. I NEVER take on a mod project to not finish it. I ALWAYS finish what I started (although, I technically didn't start DANFOR). And the cheek of it, they all left without saying goodbye. There's me giving the dev team everything they want and all the time in the world, and what do I get in return? That's right, I get it thrown back in my face. If you want to leave the team, then atleast have to decency to be honest and say rather than just disappearing without saying a word. I was honest with the DANFOR dev team, that's all I expected in return, if they can't do that then they only end up lying to themselves.

I continued DANFOR alone so as to say a big ###### you to those on the original dev team that doubted me and my mod - and I almost completed the entire mod (90% complete) alone. So what does that tell you? It tells you that the following expression is true: 'if you want something done, do it yourself'. I'm still waiting for content from the seemingly AWOL members of the dev team. I'm still waiting for exports. I was told a few weeks ago that my models had been exported and where ready to be sent back to me, and I would receive them within a few days. It's now a few weeks later and I'm still waiting. I'm a really patient person, but what you need to bear in mind is that there's being made to wait, and there's taking the ######. Quite frankly, this is the latter. If there's a hold up, atleast let me know.

Then I see the original DANFOR dev team come back. They don't even drop by the DANFOR thread, they divert to other threads of mods that don't have the same features as DANFOR, and they show their support for those mods. The DANFOR thread just aswell have not been there anymore. I see more than people care to think for.

Do to yourself as you would do unto yourself. Ok then, I won't release DANFOR. I know, I promised to bring you DANFOR, but if you're not going to be honest with me, I won't be honest with you, so I won't release DANFOR. It's not my fault, I wasn't one of the ones who went off without saying a word. To my DANFOR dev team: 'You made me do this. Thanks for your support'.

The demise of DANFOR is not the only thing to influence my decision to go. I keep getting offers of mod work outside of GR.net. In fact, I've turned down some them so I could stay true to Ghost Recon.... Until someone invited into a mod dev team thereby giving me the opportunity to work on bigger and better things. I can't keep turning these offers down, I may never get these chances again. Out of respect for the guys on this mod team, I won't mention who they are, where they are or what they are working on. They've been through enough already.

Some of you are also aware that I have been working on a large scale mod for the RTS 'Dawn of War.' By large scale I'm mean I'm completely overhauling the game system, modding virtually every line of coding. People keep telling me to go over to the new C&C. I'm sorry, Dawn of War is for me, it's the ONLY RTS I play anymore and will continue playing for eternity. Besides, the new C&C copies some ideas from DoW (like when you buy infantry, you buy an entire squad and you can 'reinforce' that squad to include more members and the odd additional weapons like AT or anti-infantry weapons)

Then there's the sound design/music technology side of things. Which I do for my personal projects at the moment while I hone my skills (re 'skillz') I've just started work on my debut track, 'Playing Games' featuring the voice of Jigsaw.... "Hello Amanda, you probably don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a little game...." (coincidently, I know a girl called Amanda :whistle: ), and another one 'I See Dead People', featuring the voice of Hayley Joel Osment (sp?).

GR is a closed chapter for me. I will be under a new handle outside of the GR scene - 'WytchDokta' is associated with Ghost Recon, so as I'm closing my GR chapter..... It's likely to be a global project name that I will use for my mods and for my music stuff etc. ATM, I'm still deciding on that project name. I had one or two to go with but IMO there were a bit OTT. The project name may have something to do with the way I scrutinize things.

I will be sticking around the GR.net forums, atleast for a while, but on a less frequent basis. I'll still take a few odd freeelance skin requests etc if people ask, but I will work on them when it suits me, not to anyone else's deadlines. I call the shots now. If people can respect the shots I'm calling then I'll take these GR skin requests, if they can't they should find some-one else. It's simple.

So what's left to say? Nothing really I suppose. Well, there is, but some things are best left unsaid - advice which many people these days refuse to follow. See, you guys thought I was joking with the audio that was contained in the file 'Too Many Model & camo Requests' in the CamoPack v2 bonus content folder (with the focus on the first nine seconds). Listen to the audio again if necessary.

Goodbye. See, atleast I've got the decency to say it. And yes Hammer, you will get your camo net.

~James

We ride together, we die together, Ghost Recon for life.

Edited by WytchDokta

:( Im sorry its come down to this WD. But i understand and respect you reasons for leaving. Thank you for you input into the community im sure it will be used by those of us that are left here still cutting our teeth on GR mod's :yes: I hope we still bump into you around the forums sometime.

Good luck in your future projects m8 :thumbsup:

Ps Thank in advance for the net :thumbsup:

Like I said, no need for petrifaction, I have some leaving gifts for you all....

I decided to release some of my models original intended for DANFOR/USMC FR II/UKSF. That's right, the following are now available for the public domain:

WD Astra Galinsky - my double precious. Double because there's two models.

WD Susan Grey - these are the two models I did for USMC FR II mod.

WD Jack Stone - my 'hooded' Jack Stone model. Just one model this time though.

Follow the links for more information.

Edited by WytchDokta

WD leaving GR modding scene

:unsure:

No your not!

I'll still take a few odd freeelance skin requests etc if people ask, but I will work on them when it suits me, not to anyone else's deadlines.

:P

You`ll always be here WD. Good luck to you with your projects. Some real good skins you put out, thnx.

Tinker

It appears that much of this is aimed at me (some of it I deserve)

In truth I have made promises to complete P2, work on the Blood Oil Mod, help export WD characters, as well as assist other modders with various little tasks

I'm afraid that, at the moment, real life has happened

I am working incredibly long hours or working far from home (this week I worked a 7 day week)

My modding PC has been turned off for the past 2 months

I thought I'd made everyone aware of my current difficulties (but maybe I missed a few people)

I fully intend to meet my commitments but some things just come first, so I have no estimate of how long these tasks will take

I apologise to anyone I upset and hope that Wytchdokta will reconsider his choice

Sorry guys, Phlook

I have been receiving private messages/emails asking me to stay. I have no more ideas for GR so there's no point (unless I finish that nude Astra Galinsky model and export it for in-game use :whistle::wub: ). I'm not going back on my word, I'm sorry for those who've asked me to stay in the GR modding scene.

Things have happened. What's done is done. No-one can change the past. It's time to let go, time to move on, time to be me. Game over.

Thanks for the well-wishing thus far, your words mean alot to me,

~WD

Edited by WytchDokta

please leave a link to your mp3 :o=

Which one?

What I don't understand is, why does it take a situation like this to make people band together? If the kind words and support which people are sending me now were there at the beginning, I'd still be in this now. I've had offers from other modders to take on DANFOR and finish it. First come first served. I myself am not releasing the mod - no help, no mod. Simple but effective ethic. I took on DANFOR to help out another modder, thereby helping the community with my new ideas etc. But where was the community to help me with certain aspects of the mod when I needed them? And I bet when the person that takes it over posts in the DANFOR thread, everyone will start posting back in the thread again. Funny how they stopped posting in there while I was development lead. And you wonder what this 'virus' is that I talk about. In fact, I didn't know of the 'virus' myself until another modder that I stuck up for when ###### went down after a release of a certain mod a few months back pointed out that 'the virus doesn't seem to want to affect you' ('you' being me). Well it now has.

Phlook, I want to point out that most of my original post is not aimed at you - it is instead aimed the original DANFOR development team (you know who you are). The rest of it is aimed at the community as a whole.

If I could state some of the reasons for my departure I would, but remember I said that some things were best left unsaid? Well, I meant what I said. Besides, most of you wouldn't like what I would say.

~WD

please leave a link to your mp3 :o=

Which one?

~WD

...the A-Team??? :unsure: ...guys at work love that, we usually start our shift with some James Brown, but when they heard it, they we're diggin it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You mean this one? Apparently, one of my friends in the Danish Army broadcast this mp3 out over their net.

I'll have to get it uploaded to the new website as WytchDokta.com will be shutdown to commemorate my departure from the GR modding scene. Guess you guys are gonna miss my remixes too, but that's not my problem anymore.

Thanks for all you've added to Ghost Recon,WytchDokta and good luck on your future modding interests. ;)

X2 WD...

x4 WD

A big loss and very dissapointing that your goodbye is forced due to these events. I do hope you still enlighten us with your humor and widgets. I wish you the best on your future endeavores. Give us a note on your new works! I am more than curious to see new work of TAFKAWD. :thumbsup:

Again best wishes!

I am more than curious to see new work of TAFKAWD. :thumbsup:

My method of thorough examination of key elements etc will probably influence my new project name. The new website is being worked on so my new work will be forund there once I've finished the website. That is of course if you know what the new project name of 'TAFKAWD' is.... :whistle:

See you around WD.

Was a pleasure reading your posts.

I'm sure you'll be keeping other forums alive and sparking.

Have a nice one!

Indeed!

And thanks for replying to my PMs and keeping me up-to-date with the Dawn of War mod you are working on - All the best with that project and all your others. Is there somewhere we can go to find out more / follow your progress now? Especially if you are retiring the WytchDokta name you'll be hard to keep track of :ph34r:

Is there somewhere we can go to find out more / follow your progress now? Especially if you are retiring the WytchDokta name you'll be hard to keep track of :ph34r:

Those that remain interested in my work will be notified in due course where they can find me and what name I'm using. You know Nailbomb, I just broke Dawn of War, it loads up, plays the intro movie then CTD. I think it's because I've so heavily modified the engine, lol. Trouble is, I now can't remember what I tweaked so I can't go back & change it so the game will work. I'll just have to re-install the game. I think I figured out the coding to get my mod working in the Dark Crusade expansion pack. It will be nice to unleash the next reign of terror playing as the Necrons.... :shifty:

I'm working on a sound pack for DoW at the moment. My bolters now sound really cool, it's a more futuristic sound with a sci-fi edge to it, but not too over the top. :whistle:

For those that are interested, my work outside of the GR modding scene under my new project name now means I have in the works my own version of a certain Deutsche Kinderreim made famous by Mo-Do many years ago. Und warum? Weil Ich speile gern mit Feuer. Those of you from Germany should know which Kinderreim I'm on about, I know for a fact that CommandoCrazy knows.

It's not like my WytchDokta stuff, blending about 3 or 4 songs together - this is made from all my own stuff with the exception of the vocal(s). Might get to use my police siren sounds in this one too. :whistle:

I also have a 1024x1024 camouflage netting texture in the works which can be used in any games, not just GR.