GRAW 2 and PhysX

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this site is so slow at times, or is it my connection? anyway great screenshots.

Quote from article ..

"GRAW2 looks like it will be a crucial step in the right direction. The PC version of the game is scheduled for a July 2007 release". Was looking forward to the action of graw2 at the end of this month but never mind.

Another person here who hasn't decided if it is worth to buy a physx card or not but so far this thread have been very information rich. And the only thing I miss is screenshots in Graw 2 with/without physx, so one can see the difference. 0:)

Some comparison screenshots ...

They were taken on different systems so it is difficult to compare frame rates but you can see the visual difference ...

Obviously they are not in the exact same places of the animation either but I tried to match them as best I could.

Click to see them full size ...

P-1-T.jpg

P-2-T.jpg

P-3-T.jpg

P-4-T.jpg

P-5-T.jpg

Some comparison screenshots ...

They were taken on different systems so it is difficult to compare frame rates but you can see the visual difference ...

Obviously they are not in the exact same places of the animation either but I tried to match them as best I could.

Click to see them full size ...

Wow Paddywack. Nice comparison shots. thanks for the effort.

Hey glad you like them guys ... :)

Here are some more ... a bit closer to the action ...

This time on the same system and including frame rates ... top right.

Using the first system is in my sig ... but with only one 8800 and only one screen at 1280x1024.

Everything at max apart from the AF is set at 4x.

Click to see full size ...

P2-1-T.jpg

P2-2-T.jpg

P2-3-T.jpg

P2-4-T.jpg

P2-5-T.jpg

P2-6-T.jpg

Interesting that the Frames drop with the card as compared to no PhysX. Sure there are a few more particles, however I would think that the $150 PhysX card would take the load off the processor and Vid card thus actually increasing overall FPS regardless of the added eye-candy.

Honestly, I feel a bit ripped off. Also, I remember a GRIN remark made earlier that PhysX is turned off for MP. I take it that what he meant was just the destroyable objects and not the eye candy such as explosions.

What.. Watching that makes me thing of Crysis. It has the same thing, a fully destructible environment just like that. I think my computer can handle that without the physics card.

It can probaly handle it, but think about the system requirements if they made this a standard feature :blink:

What.. Watching that makes me thing of Crysis. It has the same thing, a fully destructible environment just like that. I think my computer can handle that without the physics card.

It might be able to handle it, but GRAW2 won't let you see it without the PhysX card.