Crysis

pz3

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mods that will follow the release should solve that.

Yeah, that alone would make it worth the purchase... Although, I don't mind the odd sci-fi super unrealistic army of one game from time to time.

It takes quite the team and a lot of time to make a TC for crysis. I wouldn't expect too many mods.

Obseidian Edge 2 is one... although i don't know when it's release will be.

It takes quite the team and a lot of time to make a TC for crysis. I wouldn't expect too many mods.

Obsidian Edge 2 is one

That's exactly my point. Look how few good Source engine mods there are, already, and then consider how much more time consuming it is to create quality content for Crysis. OE may be the only mod worth noting.

I gotta say thats something im afraid of, look at so few mods for Source engine (HL2, few others) and FarCry for example. Theres some engines I thought had some great potential but noone actually got a dedicated mod team together for half the mods planned before release (I was looking forward to alot of the Zombie movie mods for example, and not one got released for SP or MP).

• 2 weeks later...

OMG.......this game looks insane. Here's the latest videos;

Core Technologies Overview

DirectX 9 vs. DirectX 10 Hunter HD

DirectX9 vs. DirectX 10 Jungle Fight HD

Insane :o

DS

Watched them today.

There is no doubt the game will be really be emersive like no other game out as yet.

Like I said earlier though the MP is pants, with all the hopping jumping to extreme hights.

It will depend a lot on the MP interface and what you can do to play a good game with out all the daft jumping and super powers.

I am sure it will go down well with some but not my cuppa Tea.

To apprciate the full glory of this game a hefty upgrade by a lot will be in order.

Look forward to it though just to get a look and feel of dx10 game.

why would you want to use that when CE2 is much easier... lol

modders want to mod... not use industry standards.

But also way too specific, and requires the most epic of computers.

And you're right, but not everyone mods for the same reason.

I'm interested to see how crysis runs in win xp, but i'm not so interested to hear this game is optimized for quad core and probably dual 8800ultra's, because no doubt like others i would like to see it in all its glory. Like cevat says ..the fastest pc will be brought to its knees with this game at maxed settings, i sort of laughed and then became depressed ..hahaha!!.

• 4 weeks later...

Just another big jump in graphics so you have to upgrade.

Sometimes if not most of the time i find pc games of today are better played on the hardware of tomorrow, infact i remember the ceo of crytek commenting on the longevity of crysis, so in a couple of years or more of crysis release the hardware around in that time you should be able to max out the graphics and other settings on a 30+ inch widescreen monitor :lol: which should give the gamer an all round better performance and experience?. I wonder when the demo is out for public use? soon i hope.

I remember when farcry first came out i could not turn many high features on in the game without poor performance so i had to sacrifice a lot of eye candy for a decent half looking playable gaming experience. At the time i got farcry i think i had a geforce ti 4200 128mb and an fx5800 128mb a bit later on but it was only when i got a x1800xt 512mb i realy enjoyed the sp game.

The Cry Engine ran beautifully on older machines, and I dont think this will be much different.

No, it really didn't. When I first played fc (right after it came out) I was right on the minimum specs and ran everything on low with a horrible framerate.

You're just forgetting how quickly technology moved past it. By the time most people played it their idea of old was Farcry's idea of new.

• 2 weeks later...

when I saw the player walking down that hill the way he did, I thought 'Far Cry and you're already dead' then I heard the the "cloak engaged" later...guess the little green bushes won't be much needed anyway....the barrel was funny..

mig

The Cry Engine ran beautifully on older machines, and I dont think this will be much different.

No, it really didn't. When I first played fc (right after it came out) I was right on the minimum specs and ran everything on low with a horrible framerate.

You're just forgetting how quickly technology moved past it. By the time most people played it their idea of old was Farcry's idea of new.

O rly?

played on a geforce 5200, sempron 1.8ghz no problem for me at 800x600 all low.

35fps average and looked dang nice still.

O rly?

played on a geforce 5200, sempron 1.8ghz no problem for me at 800x600 all low.

35fps average and looked dang nice still.

I played it on 1.4ghz, a 64 mb geforce... 4800, I think, and 512mb of ram, pretty awful fps all on low (and well above minimum specs, before anyone asks)