GRAW2 Demo is out now

unwritt3n

NOTE to the GRAW2 team.

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE put proper reload animations in this time. I know they're not in the demo, but the full game should have magazines that actually come out of the guns.

I know its a small thing but it really bugs me aswell. Its kinda takes you out of the immersion of the game because it something that really sticks out (to me anyway), especially when so much effort has gone towards graphics,lighting .etc to imerse you in the GRAW experience.

I think we should all get together and crank out a better version....lol

The weather effects are almost 2 good.....you can have some of it back if you fix the trigger lag and add reload animation...sounds easy....lol

When in cover mode (if you can even call it that) the character aims and exposes him/herself in instalments...jerky and clunky......fix that stuff.....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for my second rant in one day...I have the flu and now I'm sick with GRAW 2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just playing the demo now and there a few positives that I am really enjoying albeit be it breifly.

1. The ability to select MP5 as a secondary weapon-would be a plus if included in MP especially in coop. Can you imagine trying to go through the level all silenced and if you alert the enemy re-enforments and all hell breaks loose, like the prison level in [GR].

2. Communication from your team AI. "2 enemy spotted south". For once the AI is not a hinderence. Remember back in GR2 when Ubi announced the instead of a charcter switching we would be playing as Mitchell, so to grow attached to the characters. Well I havn't been that attached to Bo or Ramirez but now I actually appreciate their input.

3.AI and cover. Again from what I've seen breifly AI seems to take advantage of cover and try not to get shot. thats a plus

On a side note I havn't seen this new fangled thing they were talking about in the dev diary about smoke. tossed a smoke grenade near a helicopter with no change, must mean its an old build and we are gonna see some major improvements come release (or am i being too optimistic)

if u linger around long enough during the mortar barrage u will actually notice the time of day change...it gets foggier and cloudier.....to the point that u cant even see the incoming mortar rounds...

btw this is a military game hence that 2:33 pm clock thing must go as well...1433 hours please :thumbsup: ..

btw when i hit a helo with multiple 203 grenade rounds i expect it to crash...not just kill the gunner...i know its a demo ...so i look forward to the explosion... :thumbsup:

oh and shooting down a drone creates a very nice explosion...lots of pretty sparks :devil:

Just downloaded the game...

This is the worst gaming experience I have ever experienced. It's partly due to the fact that they took the GR name and used it to make Halo/Gears of War gameplay. You have some guy talking to you saying things like: "Awesome job [dude]!" and "This weapon kicks butt!" There are Star Trek Vapor trails all over the place. The entire screen is covered with blinking lights and animations. You are forced to walk down a set trail like some carnival ride pony. This game is a joke. I have officially given up on Ghost Recon for the console. I have finally decided it will never be the same. I have accepted it, and I will move on to bigger and better things (Blackfoot Studios, Armed Assault, even GRAW for PC)

I know this game is going to sell well. I know UBI is going to make plenty of money on the game. I also know they don't care what I think, because money talks. I just wanted to share my frustration and opinion with fellow old school GR players. People complain about GRiN, but I think you have to rethink that. Would you really rather have this crap for the PC? I sure as hell wouldn't. At least GRAW for PC has potential. This game made me throw up a little inside.

I'm sure its fun for an action Gears of War type game, but I was expecting Ghost Recon (go figure). This is just MY opinion. No hard feelings towards anyone who enjoys this game or any developer. Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I say bye bye to the future of GR on any console. [sorry for the drama!]

Edited by EasyCo

NOTE to the GRAW2 team.

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE put proper reload animations in this time. I know they're not in the demo, but the full game should have magazines that actually come out of the guns.

If they aren't in the demo I highly doubt they'll be in the final game. Demo's these day are not like they use to be in the old days where they kind of used them to gauge and tweak features. Sounds like they are using the weapons as one static mesh with no moving parts, ie the easiest way.

It is a small thing, but I hate it as well, it just looks dumb for something so "advanced." Disappointing to hear that it's still the same. Too bad.

GR isn't a SP game, it's a MP game with SP on the side. I wouldn't make decisions on purchase or not to purchase based on a SP demo. If all you do with GR games is SP, you've really been missing out. What really matters is how well they pull off MP and there's no way to tell anything about that from this demo. The co-op and MP are where tactics come into play the best.

Edited by Raw Kryptonite

GR isn't a SP game, it's a MP game with SP on the side. I wouldn't make decisions on purchase or not to purchase based on a SP demo. If all you do with GR games is SP, you've really been missing out. What really matters is how well they pull off MP and there's no way to tell anything about that from this demo. The co-op and MP are where tactics come into play the best.

Agree as do most of us who post here......I just hope we get a MP video clip soon to wet our appetites after such a poor SP demo. The MP side of GR is its showcase...SP looks pretty but often fails to deliver in gameplay...etc.

excellent post..hopefully "the sky is falling" mentality will relax for a bit...

Red Storm Element :yes: Looking at most previous posts on graw1 MP was far better than sp.

No need to worry too much about MP.

Quick question, How do you tell your marksman to take out a target. I hovered my reticle on an enemy and I got a "Snipe" order instead of attack but i tried it again and got nothing?

Got a random bug aswell, possible spoiler for those who havn't plaed yet, dont read next line.

When the Helicopter attacks at the end it was invisible except for the gunner. Weird when you see one guy flying all over the place with a minigun trying to take you out.

When the Helicopter attacks at the end it was invisible except for the gunner. Weird when you see one guy flying all over the place with a minigun trying to take you out.

LOL, I took out the gunner as the heli aproached and a second came in to attack. Tried to take him out as well but the demo ended.

LOL, I took out the gunner as the heli aproached and a second came in to attack. Tried to take him out as well but the demo ended.

The same thing happened to me....shot the first gunner then I had the scope on gunner #2 and the demo ended...oh well.....lol......the demo is kinda fun with the red and blue diamonds switched OFF and the in-game music OFF.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question, How do you tell your marksman to take out a target. I hovered my reticle on an enemy and I got a "Snipe" order instead of attack but i tried it again and got nothing?

Got a random bug aswell, possible spoiler for those who havn't plaed yet, dont read next line.

I'm just wondering has anyone figured this out yet? I've figured out how to switch characters in full crosscom view and how to tell markman to snipe in full view but not how to give the order on the fly. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm just wondering has anyone figured this out yet? I've figured out how to switch characters in full crosscom view and how to tell markman to snipe in full view but not how to give the order on the fly. Anyone have any ideas?

Yeah, you have to go into recon mode and make sure the enemy is at a distance. Hover the reticule over the target and the marksman symbol should appear. Press up on the dpad to snipe.

Xbox Live Activity for week of 2/5

These lists are based on global unique users connected to Xbox Live. If the Xbox 360 list and the original Xbox list were combined, then Gears of War continues to be the top Xbox Live title.

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (UU’s)

1 Gears of War

2 Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas

3 Crackdown (Demo)

4 GRAW 2 (Demo)

5 Call Of Duty 3

6 Madden NFL 07

7 Lost Planet

8 NBA STREET (Demo)

9 Oblivion

10 GRAW

http://www.majornelson.com/default.aspx

#4 on the charts that bodes well for a decent launch.

BTW UU's are unique users - a gamertag playing the game/demo at least once durign the time period is a UU.