GRAW2 Demo is out now

unwritt3n

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The graphics are real purty. I didn't play the SP in GRAW but when I first pulled the trigger in the GRAW2 demo I thought my controller was broken. Was the trigger "lag" that bad in GRAW?

yeah there was a little trigger lag in the 1st graw. i thought i was the only one that noticed that. so the demo i definitely out in the U.S.?

Edited by ITI SERPICO IVI

The graphics are real purty. I didn't play the SP in GRAW but when I first pulled the trigger in the GRAW2 demo I thought my controller was broken. Was the trigger "lag" that bad in GRAW?

yeah there was a little trigger lag in the 1st graw. i thought i was the only one that noticed that. so the demo i definitely out in the U.S.?

Yup Dl'd it this morning and spent a few minutes on it. The trigger lag was not little though - like I said I thouht my controller was broken.

Don't worry Rocky, the demo took me 5 minutes to go through.

Here's what went down:

***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Killed maybe 4-5 people, then we got to use the mule, then we sniped a few people, a chopper came down and gave you your teammates, walked a little bit (while beind under some weak mortar attacks), killed another 4-7 people. Then a message TO BE CONTINUED came up during the heat of battle.

***END POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Pretty lame if you ask me. You aren't missing much...

It seems as if the camera is closer to the guys shoulder, which was kind of a pain. Mitchell got in the way too much it seemed. Trigger lag was there, but it wasn't horrible. It didn't cause me to get shot at all. The sounds of the guns seem to be of lower quality (maybe it's just from the demo) and a bit lower sounding than from GRAW1.

The graphics however, are a lot better than GRAW1.

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

Just played it...and boy, you can't tell much by the demo in terms of gameplay. The mission seemed pretty linear..which is a bad sign.

Granted, this is a demo, so I don't put much stock in what I saw.

Also, this is not multiplayer.....so how important can it possibly be? Sure, I play through the campaign twice...but that is it.

A few other notes that are positive:

---Satchels are back (someone said, I didn't see myself). Are they included in multiplayer?

---They gave us A COMPASS! A COMPASS! A COMPASS! YAY! Surely they won't remove it in multiplayer.

---Sniper seems the same to me. Good news I suppose.

---Kept with same "real" movement model. No jumping and it "feels" like a guy with 300 rounds and bulky gear.

---I didn't seem to "stick" to walls and stuff like the last single player game. I consider this a good thing.

---If you check out the customization menu before you play there are some GREAT options....like your preferred rate of fire setting, auto reload on/off and some other items. I always hated starting in full auto mode

one thing that struck me a bit odd occurred during the second encounter in the demo. I think there are 3 or4 enemies in some shot up structures.

Anyways I had moved to the right and behind a stonewall. Took out 1 target and the others began sending rounds towardme. Imoved back behind the wall and crouched. THe enemy roundsimpacting the wall in front of me made the camera shake ... kind of a strange effect.

I could see if they were tossing nades or it was HE rounds but this was just rifle fire.

It seems as if the camera is closer to the guys shoulder, which was kind of a pain

that would kind of be a good thing since it would lessen third person peeking..

It' obstructs your view too much IMO.

His head seems to be right in the middle of the screen, and I had a little bit harder time finding the enemy sometimes. I then tried to bring the camera down a little bit, but it took time to bring up the crosshairs to aim at someone.

It didn't effect my gameplay a whole lot, but it was just an annoying little thing that I first noticed.

If it is brought out just a little bit (the camera), it would be perfect.

one thing that struck me a bit odd occurred during the second encounter in the demo. I think there are 3 or4 enemies in some shot up structures.

Anyways I had moved to the right and behind a stonewall. Took out 1 target and the others began sending rounds towardme. Imoved back behind the wall and crouched. THe enemy roundsimpacting the wall in front of me made the camera shake ... kind of a strange effect.

I could see if they were tossing nades or it was HE rounds but this was just rifle fire.

Perhaps it's trying to emulate your characters head twitching from a bullet whizzing by him?

Not sure, but that was in GRAW1 I believe.

I just played the demo. To me it looks more like a rushed game. It looks the same as GRAW 1, with some differences. The differences are: weather effects, lighting, shadows and smoke. The smoke effects look pretty mediocre like 3d sprites. The character looks funny in 3rd person. It doesn't look like hes moving at all when you are running. He's basically a floating character from your view. His posture is too solid. I also noticed the downgraded textures.

To put it short, they pretty much added all the effects from GRAW PC at the cost of quality textures, excluding deferred lighting.

Edited by intelfactor

I just played the demo. To me it looks more like a rushed game. It looks the same as GRAW 1, with some differences. The differences are: weather effects, lighting, shadows and smoke. The smoke effects look pretty mediocre like 3d sprites. The character looks funny in 3rd person. It doesn't look like hes moving at all when you are running. He's basically a floating character from your view. His posture is too solid. I also noticed the downgraded textures.

To put it short, they pretty much added all the effects from GRAW PC at the cost of quality textures, excluding deferred lighting.

Just an arcade game with the red and blue diamonds..!!! Poor.

However, if you turn the weak in-game music off and then turn the diamonds off...its OK. Don't think its the best demo and doubt it will get people excited......still waiting for some MP intel.

well, just played some..a few things..

-the demo glitches when u change to grenades a lot ...the menu confuses itself and doesnt allow u to get back to your rifle..( i know its a demo but heads up regardless)

-if u click the right thumbstick while in cross com squad view.....the view will change among your squad mates...though u cant give individual movement commands....u are allowed to give individual orders as to whom they should engage.

-i still dont see the benefit of the MULE....personally id rather have and RC car with a bomb on its back so i can kill some graboids....

-it is nice to ditch the pistol in exchange for a submachine gun...thankfully they arent scoped or ridiculously overpowered like in rainbow..

-m468 for campaign mode :wub::wub:

-the grenade loadout options is nice, and the satchel range seems perfect for multiplayer..

-3rd person movement still suspect.......but who cares! i play in first person view anyways...

Edited by 5timechamp

There was mixed reations in the teamxbox.com forums.

The game studders in fire fights, so it makes it a bit difficult to see clearly while aiming. Tearing is still present.

This is another reason I had an X360 Sucks rant in my blog. Faults like that on 1st generation titles were dismissed as early teething issues as developers got to grips with the hardware, to hear that it is still happening with 2nd gen x360 titles only reinforces my personal stance on the 360, and one reason I still have not purchased a single title for it.

</rant>

There was mixed reations in the teamxbox.com forums.

The game studders in fire fights, so it makes it a bit difficult to see clearly while aiming. Tearing is still present.

This is another reason I had an X360 Sucks rant in my blog. Faults like that on 1st generation titles were dismissed as early teething issues as developers got to grips with the hardware, to hear that it is still happening with 2nd gen x360 titles only reinforces my personal stance on the 360, and one reason I still have not purchased a single title for it.

</rant>

I agree with the studdering. It also happens when the weather effects are kicking in while you are at an open area. The firefights were easy, but there was studdering moments that made it difficult to aim on your target. You could imagine that using an analog controller. It even has a semi auto aim, except when using a sniper rifle.

My thoughts:

-WOW it looks great! Nice not to be in Mexico City.

-Looks great, but why all the vapor trails with every round fired? Too Hollywood, doesn't belong.

-COMPASS. Thank you.

-The MRC and sniper sound the same, but the MP5, M468 and that new RX4 gun all sound very nice. First time I've liked the gun sounds in ANY GR game. Similar to that SCAR H in GRAW but harder and punchier sounding. About time.

-Still don't care about cross com

-The trigger lag is still there. Blows my mind that it's there AT ALL.

-No double zoom BS on the assault rifles (at least, in the demo). FINALLY! I hate double zoom, it's ridiculous. Now if we could get it taken off the snipers...

-I LOVE having the MP5 instead of a pistol.

-The M468 is back, that's very good. Sounds nice too. I was worried that it would be left off since the M4 couldn't be in Rainbow due to some kind of licensing issue.

-Seems that the B button switch to secondary weapon is faster--that's good.

Looking forward to putting a lot of hours into the game if MP is improved like this too. SP is nice, but MP is where the meat of the game is. ;)

NOTE to the GRAW2 team.

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE put proper reload animations in this time. I know they're not in the demo, but the full game should have magazines that actually come out of the guns.

I know its a small thing but it really bugs me aswell. Its kinda takes you out of the immersion of the game because it something that really sticks out (to me anyway), especially when so much effort has gone towards graphics,lighting .etc to imerse you in the GRAW experience.