Some last minute suggestions

MP:

- A VIP-hunt mode could be very interesting. One player is randomly designated as VIP and must be protected by the rest of his team. If he is killed, they lose the round.

In GR1 it was called Assasination. Could be pretty interesting in GRAW.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not able (like in gr1) at least try to add the record of the game with replays? 0:) ?

This can be done with other software, just like the voice communication, so it's not really an essential game feature.

Haven't seen it done in any other game? What program are you thinking of wolfsong? Gamecam is close but of course it's only your view. You can't see anyone else and replay what happened.

It is not able (like in gr1) at least try to add the record of the game with replays? 0:) ?

This can be done with other software, just like the voice communication, so it's not really an essential game feature.

Haven't seen it done in any other game? What program are you thinking of wolfsong? Gamecam is close but of course it's only your view. You can't see anyone else and replay what happened.

You want to record more then your own view? Ok, then it has to be built in.

I was thinking of the recording of the players view that has been asked about for tournament purposes. That doesn't need a built in feature.

You want to record more then your own view? Ok, then it has to be built in.

I was thinking of the recording of the players view that has been asked about for tournament purposes. That doesn't need a built in feature.

don't take that the wrong way... i'm just curious if i had missed something that admins can use. punkbuster and pgl had in game screenshots, but i haven't seen any video (not saying there isn't any... just wondering what it out there) Admins would like all views recorded so they could see what happened... or what the server read happened.

GR1 had replays... although not video, it would reconstruct the whole game and play back from any players view.

Maybe the SP is already finished, but, I hope they fix some things.

1. Recon mode. The most important thing to add. They added this to the 360 version and it works good. You can give orders to AI in their viewport and have a better view of available cover, and also specify enemies to attack. This would give the ability to really recon and place your AI in position before engaging.

2. Fix the AI. Enough of the suppression fire, they should be able to shoot with accuracy and they should face the right way given a zone direction.

3. Add a toggle for the run function and aim for the Zeus. It is rediculous to have to hold a key down.

4. Do away with the Zeus, it is worthless. Depending on the AI to attack a tank is an exercise in futility. Add a reloadable point and shoot missile launcher or a guided model like in the 360 game.

5. Fix the fixed weapon operators and their "eagle eye" weapon accuracy.

6. Make the game actually moddable. Maybe at this point this is impossible but the most popular GR mods were mission and weapon mods. Both were almost totally absent in GRAW.

7. 4 man mission coop. If this stays the same, no one will play it as before. [GR] coop was weak because it is not the same without objectives and it is reduced to a needle in the haystack search for the last hidden enemy. GRAW 2 360 has a 6 mission coop campaign that is extremely good.

8. Since weapon modding is so difficult, expand the weapon selection like the 360 version. Add weapons like M16, M14, M4, FAMAS, P90. Add MP5 or P90 for secondary. Add semi auto sniper rifles.

9. Actually fix the aim down problem in the game.

10. Do not include any more foolishness like the "scrambled" silliness. If you want to include something like that, do what they did in the 360 where the comm system was damage and you have to eyeball the enemy.

11. If there are night missions, put an NV optic on the drone. Good grief!

12. Add an option to skip cutscenes in SP.

13. For MP, add the traditional gametypes at release. For TVT, let players have a full selection of weapons, people will decide what they want to play. I don't care what you do to make people play as a team, most people won't, you have to choose who you play with.

14. Delete any sound wave that sounds like "Captain, I'm reloading!".

15. Don't limit the mission area like last time to prevent flanking moves.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i love the ghost recon series (PC). And during playing GRAW1 i have to remember in Ghost recon 1. I miss one essential thing in gameplay or movement:

- In Ghost Recon 1 it was possible to go prone immediately!!! In GRAW this key have no Usage for me, because the charakter take too much time to go prone (or sometimes make an upward move before going down) :blink: ----I hope fervently that this is possible in GRAW2 to take cover immediately.

And second little suggestion:

- in GRAW1 it isnt possible to sprint if i change the ammo magazine. For me it is really unrealistic that somebody is cool enough or take the time for reload under fire!!! :hmm:

Is it possible to break the reload-procedure to sprint or take cover???

Thanks for hearing me.

Well, try dropping to your stomach and getting up as fast you can.....with a vest, ammo, weapon, etc loaded up. Also, try running and dropping a magazine while pulling a fresh one out and slapping it it. It's possible, but very difficult. And yes, you can break the reload procedure as long as you start running BEFORE your character puts in a new magazine.

The main point is that this game is more accurate than most when it comes to realism, and the points you suggested really don't fit in with this game style.

Psssst..........a damage model would work wonders for the game....

Probably well past the time for these suggestions, but fwiw, here they are:

Movement:

- It would be nice if some degree of minimal leaning was possible while prone.

- Though improved in patch 1.35, low aiming while prone is still too limited.

- It would be awesome if we could roll left or right while prone by double-clicking the appropriate lean button.

- Please lower the tremendous clatter raised while moving in the crouched position. It makes no sense that it is louder than when prone.

Weapons:

- One extra slot could come in handy for extra ammo, different variety of grenades, C4, etc...

- ACOG and/or sniper scope for assault rifles that have them irl.

- Togglable "switch back to previous weapon after throwing a grenade" option would be helpful.

- The general speed of switching weapons, esp. from or to the pistol, are a bit too slow.

MP:

- Clicking "Abort" should only take you one step back instead of all the way to the main menu. i.e. only back to the LAN/Internet server menu.

- A VIP-hunt mode could be very interesting. One player is randomly designated as VIP and must be protected by the rest of his team. If he is killed, they lose the round.

- Any chance team leaders can use the cross-com to issue orders to other human players? Perhaps the orders appear on the small tactical map? This could bridge the gap between in-game chat and full-fledged voice-comms.

- Configurable size and position tac map would help these tired old eyes see a bit better.

What he say! ^

While they are at it, they could purge the "You're leaving the mission area. Get back in the war!" wav.bank as well. Better yet, it would be great if Grin would go over and rework the code that makes these 2 responses so annoying in the first place.

To who it would not please to have some maps with buildings in which opens the doors and to reclose? is a small detail that could mean a lot in the environments what palaces or city sceneries.

I think that it could help a lot in the tactical one of game.

Edited by =TanAtoS=B52

To who it would not please to have some maps with buildings in which opens the doors and to reclose? is a small detail that could mean a lot in the environments what palaces or city sceneries.

Good point, but I have seen no signs yet..... Pity there could not be a door object that you could place over a buildings entrance, or not, that way you could have a building with or without a door, still the same building, with internal floors and walls etc.... using you USE KEY to open/ close doors, or ladder climbing? not heard anything there too.

viii

Not bashing on Grin, but, I think with all the high technology in the Diesel engine, they could more then easily add doors to GRAW2. think about the possibilities for a minute. It could revolutionize how GRAW2 can be played.

GRAW was basically a bunch of meshes with textures slapped on them. no real interaction with the environment. Don't get me wrong, Grin has done a bang up job with GRAW2, but why be good when you can be better?

While they are at it, they could purge the "You're leaving the mission area. Get back in the war!" wav.bank as well. Better yet, it would be great if Grin would go over and rework the code that makes these 2 responses so annoying in the first place.

I agree with .."you're leaving the mission area" , but it does not realy bother me too much as Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is superb, but i like the voice quotes like .. " ..captain i'm reloading" infact the more the merrier, it gives me a close combat contact feel with my team members , i like to know there position and sitrep in there zone and if they are in combat firefight i know to charge over / help team member / give cover fire whilst he reloads.

To me, the frustrating thing about the "You're leaving the mission area" audio is not the message itself, but the fact that you look at the map and think "wow, look at this huge mission area," only to find out that you can just use a small portion of it.

And why do they say "Captain, I'm reloading"? Doesn't the rest of the team need to know that he's reloading? Also, why do you sometimes hear, "Roger that, aggressive," or "Going hot"? These sound like responses to ROE commands, but there are no ROE commands.

Don't know if it has'nt been mentioned yet but for anyone who as played COOP in GRAW1 not as the teamleader, you would notice that you could'nt hear the voices of bad guys or your teammates. If you ask me, this kinda gets in the way of the whole immersion of the game. So I really hope that GRIN noticed this problem and fixes it for GRAW 2.

Good point, but I have seen no signs yet..... Pity there could not be a door object that you could place over a buildings entrance, or not, that way you could have a building with or without a door, still the same building, with internal floors and walls etc.... using you USE KEY to open/ close doors, or ladder climbing? not heard anything there too.

viii

I know where your coming from ... but think of this.

With a big map on GRAW1, think downtown. Now open more doors and such into buildings + multiple floors. Now think 10 vs 10 match. Any questions? (a hint is... it would be camp central, or you would never find anyone)

For co-op though i think it would be fun as you could have objectives indoors that you have to fight through the building to get too.

Hi! I would like to know if it will be possible to have some small customization on the sniper class like differents weapons/ammo and one or more ghillie suit skins (desert/forest) in way to render the class more attractive and funny to play.

Thx!

Edited by =TanAtoS=TAIPAN

Hi! I would like to know if it will be possible to have some small customization on the sniper class like differents weapons/ammo and one or more ghillie suit skins (desert/forest) in way to render the class more attractive and funny to play.

Thx!

Thats exactly what another thread was about in ref: to players choosing their play face from a list like the X360 (not trying to compare) but the idea is to add fun. I would like that too the ability to add/ subtract/ change items of kit (clothing webbing etc) to add a personal feel. May be the multi player stats will go a little way to it all. The problem is all the wants we are asking for, will be in GRAW VI. That said, it could be partly possible like [GR] with mod kits.

Till the next post.....

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is a little thing or not or if it should be in wall leaning but what the hell.

I really like the take cover feature in Rainbow Six vegas where you walk up to some thing (wall, rock, ect...) push a button and your character hides behind it like a real soldier would and you can use the movement keys to go around the corners and fire.

MajorNelson03_qjpreviewth.jpg

While a decent feature in Vegas, I don't think it would feel right in GRAW. Not to mention the whole 3rd person view, the many bugs involved with it, and the unreliability of not knowing what you can and cannot lean against.