Hints of a game to come from BFS....

I completely forgot about the chickens and big heads!!!!!! There was also the squirel launcher and what we called Mr. Stumpy. That might have only been in the R6 series though. :hmm:

Yes the squirrel launcher was great as well! :rofl:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the limp so much and had a great laugh over it after Rocky was limping after being wounded in both legs. He ordered us to shoot him if he was ever limping that bad again. Shame we never got the chance to do that. :rofl:

I was a limp fan. And if you liked that, just wait and see...

I loved the limp so much and had a great laugh over it after Rocky was limping after being wounded in both legs. He ordered us to shoot him if he was ever limping that bad again. Shame we never got the chance to do that. :rofl:

Do you guys ever get tired of teasing us?

You mean I or someone else might get to shot Rocky to put him out of his (or is it our) misery this time?

You mean I or someone else might get to shot Rocky to put him out of his (or is it our) misery this time?

Careful. If Rocky goes down, make sure he is out. Otherwise he just gets meaner. You get too close and you'll think you were trying to shave a wildcat's ass in a telephone booth!

arghh!! this isn't fair! you all should open up the process and create a dev diary! :wall:

I agree with John... I have many many memories from GR (not so many with the R6 series because my start was with GR) and I find that memories are lacking from these so called "next-gen" games now. I bought GRAW, disappointed, I bought Vegas, disappointed... There is nothing holding us to it. I am back to matching in GR now after blowing a lot of money for these newer games that hold little reminiscent value. Not so with [GR].. many late nights, laughing to tears, and fun long lasting matches bring back the memories.

I like what I hear thus far, I will be interested in the scuba missions and how that is incorporated into MP. I can picture using an underwater movement device (not sure what it is called) with scuba and sneaking up on someone on land at night and raising a pistol out of the water and shooting them.

Careful. If Rocky goes down, make sure he is out. Otherwise he just gets meaner. You get too close and you'll think you were trying to shave a wildcat's ass in a telephone booth!

That's nothing, I've been shot in the ass in the middle of a GR coop tournament - by one of my own team! Laid up all nice and tight under a bush, only to hear Nk shout over teamspeak "SNIPER!!!", just before he shot me, not realising that I was that sniper.

That's the sort of story that folks are talking about in another thread too (or is it this thread), laugh till you cry stories from the original GR. Mind you, it's easier to have a laugh when there are more than 4 people at a time in the coop game :hmm:

Anyhow, I digress... :rolleyes:

I did not see this question being asked as of yet, so I am just curious as to how open the maps will be. Will this title have a more OFP type of "no boundaries" layout, or will it be more like a GR layout where you have individual maps, or sections of a larger overall map.

I did not see this question being asked as of yet, so I am just curious as to how open the maps will be. Will this title have a more OFP type of "no boundaries" layout, or will it be more like a GR layout where you have individual maps, or sections of a larger overall map.

I think this was discussed when John was first hinting about the game. I'm pretty sure he said they would be fairly open smallish maps (smallish compared to OFP, that is) but I can't recall (or find the link)

Hint, read the pinned topic of compiled hints. ;)

For everyone else, it says ....

About maps(whetever they are like GR or neverending like ArmA)

It will be of a fixed size, but I have no idea what that size is yet. They will also be open maps like [GR] with the ability to take care of objectives and issues that arise as you see fit. We are not interested in the "do anything anywhere" or funneled hero character approaches.

im curious about the CQC....first off how much is in the game, and secondly how is it handled??

most gameplay seen thus far in most games pretty much has u slowly peeking in through the door and picking off targets as they come into view....in "real world" training u burst through the door and "violence of action" your way through these situations, u generally dont know whats behind the door and deal with rooms on the fly. (yes i am aware this is not always the case and more intel is generally available, still the aggression one enters the room with is there).

rainbow six made a decent effort on this front with the tagging system which basically allowed u to burst through rooms and drop targets in a somewhat methodical method...

that being said any hints on how/if the new game will deal with these situations? or is this something that will be up to the player to deal with.... i know u couldnt burst through too many room in [GR] because the enemies AI didnt react surprised to anything.

im curious about the CQC....first off how much is in the game, and secondly how is it handled??

Yeah I'm very interested in this too. I would like to see an AI that has somekind of "awareness level" that lets them act differently depending on the level of awareness and even an option to surrender if they feel they can't win the situation anymore.

For example when you are alone in a room and a door suddenly pops open with one or more guys sticking out with guns pointing at you would you still shoot back or surrender? Wouldn't it be logical to choose for the last? In which case the AI could choose for as well based on a few factors:

1# Distance between you and him. If he's really far away he sees multiple opportunities to escape, and if he's really close he doesn't and may surrender.

2# Outnumbered or not? A group of 50 soldiers isn't afraid for 8 guys, but only one or a few are.

3# Time till attack. If you storm in a room and your back is facing an enemy, afcourse he will not surrender but he probably will if your weapon is pointed at him or really close to him. (This would be really great when trying to make one or more surrender by keep looking at him or constantly switching your weapon between multiple enemies to keep them in place).

4# Prepared or Surprised? If the AI sees you coming from miles away they are prepared and will fight back. If suddenly a flashbang or grenade explodes near them they're in shock and won't attack you so easily.

Yeah I'm very interested in this too. I would like to see an AI that has somekind of "awareness level" that lets them act differently depending on the level of awareness and even an option to surrender if they feel they can't win the situation anymore.

For example when you are alone in a room and a door suddenly pops open with one or more guys sticking out with guns pointing at you would you still shoot back or surrender? Wouldn't it be logical to choose for the last? In which case the AI could choose for as well based on a few factors:

1# Distance between you and him. If he's really far away he sees multiple opportunities to escape, and if he's really close he doesn't and may surrender.

2# Outnumbered or not? A group of 50 soldiers isn't afraid for 8 guys, but only one or a few are.

3# Time till attack. If you storm in a room and your back is facing an enemy, afcourse he will not surrender but he probably will if your weapon is pointed at him or really close to him. (This would be really great when trying to make one or more surrender by keep looking at him or constantly switching your weapon between multiple enemies to keep them in place).

4# Prepared or Surprised? If the AI sees you coming from miles away they are prepared and will fight back. If suddenly a flashbang or grenade explodes near them they're in shock and won't attack you so easily.

All I will say is that everything you mentioned here has been addressed... ;)

All I will say is that everything you mentioned here has been addressed... ;)

Awesome. You guys should make a semi-official revelation of this title before everyone explodes! ; )