Hints of a game to come from BFS....

How the hell did I miss this thread, sounds very intriguing mate, I'm looking forward to news on this one.

How the hell did I miss this entire section! Anyways, I will keep a close watch on this one. Thanks for the news. By the way ZJJ,

how come I can't start new threads in this section? Am I still on Rocky's blacklist? :unsure:

Hmmmmmm.... Well, I guess I could throw in a really small obscure tease to start the new year off. :)

Tease_01.jpg

-John

I like the open feel this picture presents. ;)

Thanks for the teaser!

Now you are getting it. :thumbsup:

A good design is everything. BFS is all about executing a good design and then making things as pretty as we can. I did not start this company to go head to head with Epic or Crytek on graphics, but things will definately be up there with most.

Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!! :wacko:

MORE HINTS........MORE HINTS NOW!!!!!!! PLEASE OMGGGG111!!

:wall:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way ZJJ, how come I can't start new threads in this section? Am I still on Rocky's blacklist? :unsure:

Those that read the pinned topics in the forum would know that only staff can start threads in this section. :P

If you have a topic that you would like to see discussed, contact a staff member and they can start it, if appropriate. :thumbsup:

I like the open feel this picture presents. ;)

Thanks for the teaser!

I have a feeling it means that we will be in the woods alot more too and not just sneaking through an urban landscape.

Finally...looks like a developer is finally listening to us. Much obliged, BFS. :)

Hmmm.... this is sounding very promising.... although we actually haven't heard anything concrete at all! :blink: Just goes to how how starved the "tactical realism" gamers are for quality games with longevity. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!

Hmmmmmm.... Well, I guess I could throw in a really small obscure tease to start the new year off. :)

Nice openess I feel from this pic :thumbsup: , just don't forget the gameplay, injury model etc which imo is more imortant than the eyecandy. Also, I'd be happy not to see a cluttered creen like the GRAW 2 Xbox (gee that makes me wanna cry)

I wish you best of luck in the development, and look forward to next teaser!

Ding ding ding! We have a semi-winner....... It's not SEALs, but it is a Tac-Board for certain types of dive operations. :D

:'( <-Tears of Joy

I'm really excited to see whatcomes out of this whole thing John. It'd be a cool thing to have a SAS/SEAL-like tactical shooter to play. I sure hope you bring back the glory days of tactical with this one; a game that has what made a tactical shooter tactical, not so much run-and-gun in broad daylight like the present GR:AW/GR:AW2.

I'll be watching this thread closely.

:drool:

John,

You are our savior!!!!!!!!!!

I dont have the last encarnations of R6/GR in my PC because of what you said earlier about the core game mechanics

as a matter of fact the last R6 I did bought for PC was RvS (I do have console versions of GR wich I believe are good for

CONSOLES but not for PC).

Im looking foward for the release for this mysterius game...

ratoa

Well, as to my 'semi' getting it right'; I didn't recognize any way to make an educated guess based on the image as to which force this image is representing; the uniform and other equipment you can just make out appear pretty generic -- though I could make a few WAGs about the camo pattern it could be an easy miss for several reasons. At least two hundred special ops units that have trained in the use of blind underwater navigation, and all use something that resembles this item. But the SAS and SEALs were the first to use and train others in various techniques of blind underwater navigation, and even created some of the tools and toys to get it right; so I guess I feel more in the way of loyalty in giving credit where I felt it was earned, then perhaps a best guess as to what operational unit the game my present.

How about another hint? That one was pretty clever and a lot of fun!

;)

Where is HF these days anyways?

If we told you, we would have to kill you. I'm sure you can understand why. :lol:

He is busy with work, family and being an authenticity coordinator.

Ding ding ding! We have a semi-winner....... It's not SEALs, but it is a Tac-Board for certain types of dive operations. :D

We've never seen it in GR, but I remember HF saying somewhere that the toughest Special Forces operatives do training as Combat Swimmers (see HF's avatar) so if that's not a SEAL in the picture, it's likely another special operations diver like a Special Forces Combat Swimmer.

I wonder if it's a diver navigation tac-board like what's seen here:

http://www.rjeint.com/div_nav_mil.htm

Thanks again John! :drool:

Yup, that's the what I thought it was CR6, but it looks like swartsz actually beat me to it... Depending on who's using it, it will be a custom job that probably won't look as pretty -- some will have a kick counter (even though you're expected to do that in your head), be illuminated, have black duct/gaffer tape all over them, and means to strap other junk you may be hauling along to your destination and want easy access to in murky/zero visibility water.

Does sort of look like a U.S. Army camo pattern we can see in the teaser, but only JS knows...

:shifty: