Operation Stabilise MOD OUT NOW

AUS_Viper

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aus_Viper: I wish it weren't so big.

Don't worry about the size Slink.

You and avey have been loyal supporters of this MOD from day 1, so I'll burn you both a copy when the thing is finished. :thumbsup:

:ph34r:

:whistle:

Been looking for that post.

Offer still there?

Sure mate - PM me with your addy

im having some problems, the first mission doesnt even load. it doesnt go past the loading screen, but the music continues to play. the standard campaigns still work. please help me, ive been waiting so long for this mod.

when the music begins to play during the loading time the mission should begin in some seconds...

(for me) :unsure:

A SMALL BUT STILL A SPOILER BELOW

On mission 11, there is a shadow tango standing in F 15/16 (if you have the Alpha grids), north east corner, south of the road. I shot him before I realised he was a shadow and game crashed (as it does when you shot shadows). Second time I tryed to walk up to him without shooting and it crashed when I was 2 grids away. I'm have ordered the (remaining :rolleyes: ) of my troops to stay away from that area. ;)

Edited by Jaybee

As I stated before in a post on this topic, this is far the best mod I've played. I don't go for mods, 99 times out of 100 I get dissapointed, missions are usually "kill everything and blow up 12 tanks" kind of stuff, weapons are unbalanced etc. I prefer some well scripted missions instead.

And this mod has some of the best scripting I've seen and more importantly it also have some new ideas, that extra twist that you dont see often (and I guess is hard to produce as well since we all played the same old maps over and over and over again and ideas must be drying out on the scripters out there). The weapons are also well balanced and nice to use. I am in no way a weapon expert, I know the guns I use in games, thats all, so I'm comparing them with the stock kits which always have worked well for me.

There where two or three moments where a tango patrol spawned right in front of me and so did a tank once and that does take away some of the feeling when you play the missions ("Beam me down, Scotty"). But those are minor things and without a doubt I'm giving this mod a 10/10!

Did you here that sound? It was the jaws on the rest of the RSi guys that dropped to the floor. "JayBee found a mod he liked? I guess the pigs are ready for take-off.."

To bad I completed the campaign, if the co-op patch is ever released it won't be as fun to play it with my buddies now that I know the missions. But I'm glad I did, it was a great experience and I'm gone have another go at it soon, with different tactics and try not to save and load anything during the missions. Hardcore style. ;)

Thx AUS_Viper and the rest of the modding team. Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Edited by Jaybee

But I'm glad I did, it was a great experience and I'm gone have another go at it soon, with different tactics and try not to save and load anything during the missions.

In OS missions we tried to cover every single edge and therefore in almost every mission you can try different tactics. At the present I remember with pleasure mission 4 and 10 where I modified quite a bit the original script byAus Viper to consider everything a player could do. Enjoy!

But those are minor things and without a doubt I'm giving this mod a 10/10!

WOW! What can I say mate - thanks for the kind words and compliments. It is really fulfilling to see so many people finally enjoying our creation.

There where two or three moments where a tango patrol spawned right in front of me and so did a tank once and that does take away some of the feeling when you play the missions ("Beam me down, Scotty").

:(:( Damn! We spent hundreds of hours going through scripts, adding trigger zones etc to ensure this didn't happen. Looks like we missed a couple......

And this mod has some of the best scripting I've seen and more importantly it also have some new ideas, that extra twist that you dont see often
That was one thing that I deliberately tried to emulate. Whenever I started scripting a mission, I had a good idea of the outcome - but at the same time I always asked myself "what can I do in this mission that (a) the player won't expect and (b) will further add to the "spontinaity" of real warfare."

It's dissappointing to hear of bugs we simply didn't encounter (and furthermore still yet can't emulate), but posts like this make it worth it....another satisfied customer :P

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

To bad I completed the campaign, if the co-op patch is ever released it won't be as fun to play it with my buddies now that I know the missions.

Who ever said the patch will contain those same missions? We might script some new ones, just for MP co-op playing...;)

oooo...hope they are hard as the CO2 ones...they are bloody tough...

The weapons are also well balanced and nice to use. I am in no way a weapon expert, I know the guns I use in games, thats all, so I'm comparing them with the stock kits which always have worked well for me.

Thanks, mate! ;)

I tried to put my own personal experience with weapons in good use. For example, you'll find my FN FAL to be far more accurate then DS in-game version. That's'cause it is reliable and accurate rifle, though it's accuracy takes a nose dive on full auto. I tried to amulate that in the gun file. Also, my H&K MP5 has much lower recoil factor and is more accurate in full auto then the in-game one..that's 'cause it performes like that, up to 50m. I got input about the wep from a cop who used it on daily bases. The same goes for AK 47, SKS...all weapons I either used my self or got info from guys who used it extensively.

As for M16, M4 and FN Minimi, I prety much used the settings found in the in-game gun files...I guessed RSE did a prety good job with those weapons as not too meny soldier boys complained about them. They might seem more inaccurate compared to in-game versions, but that's an illusion; as they have higher magnification factor (3.4X instead of in-game 2X), the reticule's pips don't close all the way as you zoom in so the wep appears to be less accurate. <_<

I have had numerous emails and PM's about mission 12.

Questions like....why, how, what made you think of it, were you on drugs etc etc.

To prevent obvious spoiler material and since I am too lazy to reply to every question, I decided to put up a mission 12 explanation / FAQ.

Be warned before you read it - it spoils both mission 12 and 13.

Have a look here

Cheers,

:P

Im still on mission 1, lol keep killin me drops my FPS when I go near those hinds with all the smoke thats been added. I mean that my excuse anyway. (not very good seen as you cant notice the diffrence in FPS anyway) But im dyin to get on to those Spec weps!

What fing sweet mod this is Ive just played 4 missions straight am and Loving it its just such a complete conversion of high quality It makes me remeber why I like GR some much, a HUGE thumbs up to the guys who put all the effort in, AUS and Steringer pat your selves on the back!!!

psssIm inclineded to think that if you took the maps out of FB op stab is better.

I like the Barret's AP ammo. Brilliant work!

The weapon is made by Black_Sabbath....anyone still rememeber him?

Did his map ever see the light of day?

No that map never see a day light mostly because I did work on my project of creating Ford Focus race car.I am sorry and I will use this chance to apologize to streinger and aus viper.Iam glad the mod is finished and I cant wait to play this baby.I have high expectations and no doubt at all in streinger and aus viper skills you guys rock….. :D:rocky:

focus-jpg.jpg