Unlock the Beta Tester feedback forum?

rossiski

Forum Administrators,

I would like to request that the Beta Tester feedback forum be opened for public viewing, but not posting.

My biggest reason is to see what the beta tester's initial reactions were.

Additionally, now that 1.30 is out, I don't believe there's much need to keep those posts "private".

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards.

If you feel it needs to be available for viewing, I would like to hear some strong recommendations as to why, so I can use them in my consideration of this request. It won't be opened up just because a lot of people vote "yes." <_<

Well the obvious one would be to see what issues were brought up and then not fixed so the real bit*&^&^* can start. :P

We really didn't talk about the game at all in the beta forum. We mostly used the protected forum to talk about you. Shhhh, I have already said too much.

I think locking and making available SELECT topics from that BETA forum would be good, so as to allow the rest of the GR.net members to see how the update progressed from 1.24 to 1.30, and what kind of role we BETA testers had in identifying necessary fixes. For instance, the several blue/yellow skins we found, a couple glitches and potential exploits. That sort of stuff...

But certainly there's no need for ALL of it to be made available for the reasons stated by ZJJ...

Well the obvious one would be to see what issues were brought up and then not fixed so the real bit*&^&^* can start. :P

LOL - and that is the main reason I hadn't planned on opening it up.

OPTIONS

1: Hide the thread posts/process to protect the innocent and duck.

2: Open it and duck.

Catch-22

I consider this request, but I was actually planning to hide the forum instead of opening it up.

I agree, did a big hole and hide the evidence ;) all that tea, coffee & cookies will be revealed !!

I suppose the biggest reason they would like to look at it, would be because...... they would feel part of the process & see that nothing really happened but bug hunting and great Grin support and fast reactions from Grin with patching up to 1.30

But I'd stick to yar guns girl and lock it down !! for a rainy day......

:yes:

off topic

p.s. in general I think Grin did a good job...

I'm right uncomfortable that the question of locking/unlocking the Beta Tester Feedback Forum has been asked at all - can't see what the issue is? I understood that the testers weren't some elite group, nor their discussions top secret, etc. - rather regular guy/gal volunteers, w/decent rigs & an interest in GRAW, who were in line early enough to get in on the testing. So... the patch is out... IMHO, the thread's material is archival & absolutely should now be made availabe to everyone. As for "whiners," there's plenty of that going on elsewhere here, so... so what? At least let those of us interested in the Beta process & discussion be able to "read" what went on. :ermm:

IMHO, the thread's material is archival

It is all archival and irrelevant now that the current patch was released. What does it matter what issues were in the beta? I still don't see why this forum (which wasn't even supposed to be here in the first place) should be open to the public, when the only ones who need to reference this particular forum would be the developers, which they will still have.

I haven't been to the UBI forums, but are people there begging for those beta test forums be opened up to the public or have they known all along that what was said in those forums was between the beta testers and the developers and Ubi?

The only information I can think is relevant in that forum is in regards to the server admin tools. All that information will be put in the private forum for the game server admins and still won't be accessible to the general community as it doesn't pertain to them if they don't have a dedicated server that they run.

I'm right uncomfortable that the question of locking/unlocking the Beta Tester Feedback Forum has been asked at all - can't see what the issue is? I understood that the testers weren't some elite group, nor their discussions top secret, etc. - rather regular guy/gal volunteers, w/decent rigs & an interest in GRAW, who were in line early enough to get in on the testing. So... the patch is out... IMHO, the thread's material is archival & absolutely should now be made availabe to everyone. As for "whiners," there's plenty of that going on elsewhere here, so... so what? At least let those of us interested in the Beta process & discussion be able to "read" what went on. :ermm:

It has nothing to do about anyone being special or not wanting to open it.

Its the anti grin trolls and snot nosed kids that are bored and create havok. And we have seen as of late how stressful it can be to the members and the staff.

This would be an all you can eat flamefest for the trolls and idiots if this was opened. This should be kept to professional admins as reference material and not cluttered up with nonsense posts from idiots. Allot of work went into the beta, hate to see all that material foobar'ed by twits.

Just my two centavos.

Hide it, it'll do no good opening it up. The patch is a done deal. There's no point in everyone going over old ground when it can't make any difference.

I would also assume that some of the comments made in that forum would have been made by people because they assumed that the forum would stay out of the public domain.

Best just let it rest and move on.

FYI I'm not a beta tester.