They think it's all over, it is now.

Poita

Luger

your reply is very simplistic, you don't seem to understand the concept of 'efficient code' at all. You just assume that if a game looks better then it needs a more powerful system than the game that it looks better than . . . you are incorrect.

Games look great not only because of the power of the system but because of the genius of the coder. If the rendering engine is super efficient and has all kinds of genius tricks then it can render more amazing graphics than anotheer game with 'less' power used.

Obviously the guys at Crytek are some of the best in the biz and their first game FarCry which was pretty darn good from a graphics point of view was only their first outing, a kind of test for them. Now they had some practice the new engine will be more efficient and more optimised.

Simply put, you are wrong. A game that comes out a year after GRAW could very well run on a system that GRAW can not run on.

It's not a staged afair where every game that comes out in subsequent months needs always to have a more powerful system. It's more like a rising stock market graph. The general trend and direction is upward so over time more and more powerful systems are needed but the line also dips sharply sometimes so a game that comes out 6 months or a year later than another game might show better graphics while using less system resources.

GRAW does not run on even decent systems because the graphics engine is not flexible enough to cater to lower settings. A game engine that needs a high end system to run on medium settings is not efficient and flexible. A game that can look superb even on a medium system is something to be admired indeed.

Hope that's not too deep for you dude.

Papa6

why do you think they release movie trailers and movies of games. It's not correct to say that after watching and listening to hours and hours of gameplay footage of GRAW, reading countless reviews, talking with hundreds of people who have played the game that a person can't form an opinion of the game.

Am i wrong in asuming that people are not lying when they say there is currently no TDM in GRAW? If not then i think i dont need to play it to be able to say that most people, including myself, don't consider a GRAW without TDM to be a finished game.

There are many things that i can comment on without yet playing the game. I don't comment on the 'gun in your hand' gameplay because i havent played it yet. but the other stuff i can easily be in the discussion of.

Hmm can' tell you about a movie without seeing it eh. Well, i havn't seen Brokeback Mountain but i can pretty much tell you that it's a movie meant to appeal more to women than men, that it purposely uses characters that are traditionally macho (cowboy types) as a way of shocking, that it brings up the old chestnut of 'societies 'rules' getting in the way of true love as their wives and familes frown on them snogging each other. I can pretty much based on reviews, clips, previews, knowledge of the quality of the actors previous work tell you that it will be quite a competent drama yet make you feel uneasy whe you see the blokes sticking their toungues in each others mouths and for those more cerebral that you will not really be able to settle into the story as yo will constantly feel that you are being preached at in some way.

Fortunatly demos (the ones that work that is) go one step better than movie previews and let us experience a game. I don't think you just stumble into random movies though do you mate. Now and again you might decide not to see a movie and later watch it and find it to be ok after all but more often than not you will choose not to see it and even though you catch it on cable you will tell yourself that you were right not to spend 8 bucks on it.

er, yes, we can know with reasonable certainty what a media product will be like without experiencing it due to the absolute deluge of information available.

Since when does the videos or screenshots for that matter give you the correct self thought out opinion? I never take videos serious. Demos always are the selling point for me.

brokeback is a self sinking film anyway. that is a bad choice to use as we know generally know about that movie. But GRAW needs to be played in full version to know for sure. I hardly think you can come to a strong, full rich opinion without having the retail in your hands. i like the editor but not the MP mode. Domination is too much like having sensors. the other team will ALWAYS know where you are by the zone which requires no tactics at all.

the net code is waaay too laggy in MP mode as well. COOP is cool. gamespy wasn't the best choice for the MP gaming side. one second a guy will be running in your general direction, the next second he's still running but gets the mystery kill on you. the anti cheat seems to still be buggy. If the next patch doesn't solve the AC feature and the game is still buggy. I"ll only play the COOP side of GRAW. and produce SP/COOP maps.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ll only play the COOP side of GRAW. and produce SP/COOP maps.

I'm with you on this! The only problem is COOP, to me, is unplayable without respawns. What were they thinking? Two to four players can make it through an entire mission without getting killed OR the commander getting killed?

I'm also getting to the end of my rope with SP and no quick saves. Or at least more frequent autosaves. I may just put it away until they put that stuff in. There's certainly no way I'm modding anything for this game yet...

QUESTION: when I'm killed in coop and there are no more AI's, I just lay there and look at the ground. Is there a was to jump into active players to at least waych the game?

Those of you making blanket statements about Crysis, where do you get your info? All you have is speculation. There are very few people who know about Crysis and CryEngine 2. And those of us who do know, aren't at liberty to discuss it.

What I can say is that almost every single statement made by you people in here regarding Crysis is incorrect or incomplete.

so let me get this straight...you can neither confirm nor deny your involvement, or lack thereof, in any such "crisis" project, if it exists at all...but you can absolutely assure us we are wrong...although if you justified your statement with fact...you'd have to kill us...all of us...Rugg, I love you man.

Ok Pappa we'll have to agree to dissagree on how and when you can form an opinion of a game, even though i guess i just got lucky with my estimation of blokesneck mountain and your less than resounding endorsment of GRAW happens to conincide with just about my guestimation of what kind of quality it is.

And as for that SS Bamboo posted. My guess is i'll tire of Crisis and my thread is not about the game but jeeee heee zusss co rist will ya just look at that scenery. That is exactly the lovely world i wanted to skank around in and get some TDM in for the follow up to GR1. I feel sick looking at it knowing that GRAW will never give us maps like that to fight in.

Let's wait for GRiN to finish the game before discussing wether or not a demo is a good way to see if you are going to like a game >

I suggest that when GRiN announces that the game is now in the intended shape that we compare it to the demo...

Its been out for 2 months. When is it going to be finished???

I will say this, the GRAW community will be tight, with everyone knowing everyone else. Iexpect you will find a lot more people playing [GR] than GRAW in the near future.

Well heres to R6 Vegas. Lets hope UBI doesnt screw this one over too.

so let me get this straight...you can neither confirm nor deny your involvement, or lack thereof, in any such "crisis" project, if it exists at all

Confirmed by Crytek themselves.

...but you can absolutely assure us we are wrong...although if you justified your statement with fact...you'd have to kill us...all of us...Rugg, I love you man.

LOL, the point I was making was that someone said Crysis was only DX10. It's not. I can tell you that because Crytek has already announced that fact. But there are others saying the game is "this" and the game is "that". Then there's speculation on the engine and so forth. The fact are as follows:

95% of the conjecture here is just that, conjecture. There are things that we're not allowed to discuss, we're under NDA. But the people here that are saying things about Crysis or CryEngine 2 because of a couple of screenshots or movie clips shouldn't be making statements of fact. I can comment about that as E3 was public (to an extent). From my observations at E3, Crysis ran at least as well as GRAW does. Now that might mean top of the line rigs running the games at E3, but in comparison that's what I saw.

The fact is that we're trying to put together a shooter that this (and other tac-sim) communities will like. We aren't being paid for it and it won't cost any of you to play it. We'll be releasing info when we can, and I'll make sure that there are vid clips for ya'll. You naysayers can continue on if you like, I'll just sit here smilin' knowing that I'm part of a team that a major dev house has offered a once in a lifetime opportunity to.

I don't know Deathsong, what I do know is that when you develop an application it sort of becomes your child, you are going to be proud of it, no matter how crappy it is (I'm now reffering to my own applications as I never was educated on how to program, completely self-taught, so I'm quite sure the coding is not of high production quality, still I am proud every single app I made). I am sure this also goes for the GRiN boys and girls(?). Therefore I am also sure that when they have developed all the features they originally intended they will come on the forum like proud moms and dads to announce their baby :)

Ok Pappa we'll have to agree to dissagree on how and when you can form an opinion of a game, even though i guess i just got lucky with my estimation of blokesneck mountain and your less than resounding endorsment of GRAW happens to conincide with just about my guestimation of what kind of quality it is.

And as for that SS Bamboo posted. My guess is i'll tire of Crisis and my thread is not about the game but jeeee heee zusss co rist will ya just look at that scenery. That is exactly the lovely world i wanted to skank around in and get some TDM in for the follow up to GR1. I feel sick looking at it knowing that GRAW will never give us maps like that to fight in.

Naw poita you're right. I'll tell you what. Either good or bad, GRAW has drawn the line in the sand(pardon the analogy). those who like GRAW and those who don't.

I'm through with MP mode unless they do something compelling me to return to it. I'll stick to COOP/SP mode.

ok, you can't run GRAW, but you'll handle a DX10 game. good luck with that.

Crysis is a sequel to FarCry, hello? new engine or not, it will play the same as FarCry, meaning it won't be anything like GR, or its sequel GRAW. i guarantee you Crysis will have a problem with big maps, looking like that. the weapons are gonna be from Quake and it'll take 60 hits to stop a space monkey running at you.

yea, i guess it really is over for GRAW.

Funny, that is why I bought GRAW. Maybe, there is hope then for good tactical MP in Crysis.

I haven't encountered alien's yet too be taken down with 60 bullets, maybe you could skin some of the helo's.... :grin3:

I wont buy Far cry of what that new thing is called. Well maybe, there was a very nice mod on GR1 which brought WW2 environment, maybe they could make a mod which turns some good features of that game around.... more like GRAW :P

"ok, you can't run GRAW, but you'll handle a DX10 game. good luck with that.

Crysis is a sequel to FarCry, hello? new engine or not, it will play the same as FarCry, meaning it won't be anything like GR, or its sequel GRAW. i guarantee you Crysis will have a problem with big maps, looking like that. the weapons are gonna be from Quake and it'll take 60 hits to stop a space monkey running at you." Quote th33f

Are you sure? GRAW plays nothing like [GR]. Who knows they may mess it up for the better.

Perhaps you could confirm that you will be able to introduce a COOP or Firefight to OE2?

I can't comment.

Looking forward to it, hopefully more ppl will check it out then did OE. Well worth it.

More people will likely check it out cuz the Crysis community will be new and alive. When we finally finished OE the FarCry community was almost dead because of lack of an anti-cheat. Do ya hear that GRIN? :blink:

Check out the OE1 game trailer, it shows in game footage as well as changes and new stuff that were added to make it feel completely different from FarCry.

Edited by ruggbutt

"ok, you can't run GRAW, but you'll handle a DX10 game. good luck with that.

Crysis is a sequel to FarCry, hello? new engine or not, it will play the same as FarCry, meaning it won't be anything like GR, or its sequel GRAW. i guarantee you Crysis will have a problem with big maps, looking like that. the weapons are gonna be from Quake and it'll take 60 hits to stop a space monkey running at you." Quote th33f

Are you sure? GRAW plays nothing like [GR]. Who knows they may mess it up for the better.

In case you didn't know. They have been using Directx9 Hardware in the trailers.

Yet another person that has no idea what they are talking about. Crytek has said publicly over and over that Crysis is NOT a sequel to FarCry!!!!!!!! Let me repeat it because I am sure someone still missed it. NOT a sequel. No more mutants that some mad scientist created. Our friends at UBI own farcry and unless they make a sequel, there won't be one, and it won't be made by Crytek.

Point is when I dreamed of GR"3", I had visions simular to the one below. Since others had a simular dream, they decided to take a game with the look we wanted and mod it to what we thought GRAW was going to be. I am still getting my ass blasted by tanks in real GRAW right now, but still somewhat enjoying it, so I will keep playing till the end.

I really think this thread has dragged on enough, and the thread starter spoke his peace. Lets move on..................nothing more to see here..................... :whistle:

80606218sr.jpg

Edited by Bamboo

We aren't being paid for it and it won't cost any of you to play it. We'll be releasing info when we can, and I'll make sure that there are vid clips for ya'll. You naysayers can continue on if you like,

You mean your giving us Crysis for free? woot Rugg's the man ;)

Free is not always free. It's a free add on to a game you have to pay for ... for those that do not know unless crysis is gonna let you give the engine away for free with your mod.

Here is info on it.. besides that pic

http://www.funkylydia.com/crysis/vids.html#o3

Looks good... betting though the system requirements to make it look good are as high or higher then GRAW.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

should there be a Crysis post in the "PC games" section, where other PC games are discussed? I am really enjoying hearing about Crysis, but im just thinking that would be a better place for it...so no one gets the wrong idea about the information posted here.

let me also say we didn't like it when people decried GRAW before it was relieased: it is equally unfair to do the same thing to Crysis - may be a hell of a game, just needs to be discussed in the right place.

Edited by Tortfeaser

I think Crisis will require a high end pc to show 'everything'. but then again i get the feeling a high end pc wil strill struggle to show graw in full. the point is that i bet Crisis will also bend very low to accomodate systems that are showing their age a bit.

yeah this thread has run it's course. I'll drifft down the ratings.

should there be a Crysis post in the "PC games" section, where other PC games are discussed? I am really enjoying hearing about Crysis, but im just thinking that would be a better place for it...so no one gets the wrong idea about the information posted here.

let me also say we didn't like it when people decried GRAW before it was relieased: it is equally unfair to do the same thing to Crysis - may be a hell of a game, just needs to be discussed in the right place.

I really am about to move this from the GRAW forum to the PC game forum as it no longer talks about GRAW.