What the next patch needs. Post ideas.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- When turning off post effects, NVGs should not be taken away. This is key when you're playing Suburbs without Post Effects. You won't be able to see anything.

Hihi, a feature we should add, to rescue something you messed up by hacking the game? That's, uh... funny. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong though - threads like these are great. Keep the ideas coming!

Although improvements to the AI are noticable, their still annoying at times. So I would like

1. For your team mate to actually go to the exact spot you told them to.

2. For your team to actually follow a bit closer instead of being a mile behind you. Their too spaced out and when you need them their too far behind to help.

1) TDM

2) Server Files

3) Drop any work on co-op...since it's just a waste of money and time.(very small group)

4) Working anti-cheat aka PunkBuster.

List of a few FPS Running PB;

Battlefield 2....6834 servers, 21736 players

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory....3530 servers, 11540 players

Call of Duty 2....6598 servers, 5554 players

Americas Army: Special Forces....2175 servers, 5546 players

Call of Duty....2998 servers, 4979 players

Soldier of Fortune 2....1127 servers, 2605 players

Quake 3: Arena....1765 servers, 2559 players

Battlefield 1942....811 servers, 1665 players

Link for Above

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter....70 players, 45 servers

Edited by Pulaski

2. For your team to actually follow a bit closer instead of being a mile behind you. Their too spaced out and when you need them their too far behind to help.

It depends of how you play. I suppose you sprint alot, your team are just trying to be cautious. This 'distance' is actually very useful when crossing roads. Maybe different states/modes could come in handy. Assault - close formation, Defensive - loose formation(current 'state') and Recon - w/e

Maybe an experienced military dude could help me on this one :P

1) TDM

2) Server Files

3) Drop any work on co-op...since it's just a waste of money and time.(very small group)

4) Working anti-cheat aka PunkBuster.

List of a few FPS Running PB;

Battlefield 2....6834 servers, 21736 players

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory....3530 servers, 11540 players

Call of Duty 2....6598 servers, 5554 players

Americas Army: Special Forces....2175 servers, 5546 players

Call of Duty....2998 servers, 4979 players

Soldier of Fortune 2....1127 servers, 2605 players

Quake 3: Arena....1765 servers, 2559 players

Battlefield 1942....811 servers, 1665 players

Link for Above

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter....70 players, 45 servers

Couldn't agree more!

It depends of how you play. I suppose you sprint alot, your team are just trying to be cautious. This 'distance' is actually very useful when crossing roads. Maybe different states/modes could come in handy. Assault - close formation, Defensive - loose formation(current 'state') and Recon - w/e

I only sprint on open areas. I try to play a slow game, but when things get tense I find I have to hide somewhere until my team are close enough so they can support me.

Threads like this are certainly not needed... Its always been blatantly obvious what has to be done and there are already many threads on these forums on such issues but so far they have been too incompetent to deliver even the basics of an online game.

Ask and ye shall receive, one experienced military dude coming up....

Mind you, doctrine is changing almost daily right now, and I'm by NO means some hardcore commie killer. Just a regular Army dude...

When moving out on a patrol, we like to keep roughly 5 meters between. Terrain usually determines formation, and even then it's at the leader's discretion. The 'Ghosts' seem to have it pretty straight. Crossing danger areas (roads, openings/clearings, etc.) means going one at a time. If known to be under enemy observation, only cross those areas if you wanna die.

Been tough re-learning those lessons from GR and the REAL Army after months and months of BF2. I've had to slow-down and think through each step of an approach to each objective, more like chess. And I DIG that. As for the following too far behind thing, with the new command interface I typically never have the entire team in FOLLOW. It would be a waste of their individual talents. I thinkk it's proper to employ each member of the team according to his abilities and equipment. I've met with a LOT mroe SP success that way, at the expense of not being able to finish the game all in one night.

That's why it's NOT BF2 or DooM3...

Threads like this are certainly not needed... Its always been blatantly obvious what has to be done and there are already many threads on these forums on such issues but so far they have been too incompetent to deliver even the basics of an online game.

It is not a matter of it not being known, most/all issues are known. What makes this thread worthwhile is that it let's us state which we feel should be the first to be released.

Just some serious AC i know the other stuff is comming, just dont want to see a game i'm loving killed off by people that cant be arsed to learn how to play! checking file versions etc is ok as far as it goes but it's just to easy to bypass if it dont update and evolve with new cheat threats

It is not a matter of it not being known, most/all issues are known. What makes this thread worthwhile is that it let's us state which we feel should be the first to be released.

Not only is it obvious there are already threads which make the order obvious too... Jesus

- [GR] CO-OP modes

- CO-OP Map Editor

- CO-OP Mission Editor

I would like to add SP to all of the above. Though, I guess, having these features in Co-op would automatically translate to having them in SP as well. :)

- Random enemy placements in 'Firefight' and the ability to decide on the number of 'rebels' on the maps for firefight ( like the 'terrorist hunt' in the R6 series). I would really like this feature in SP and Co-op.

- All the maps, for campaign or MP, should be available for 'firefight' like GR1.

- All the future game modes, and features like re-spawn, that are planned for Co-op on the net are also included for LAN Co-op.

Edited by buddhiraja73

5) Can I say it? Get rid of the on-screen gun image. I'm sorry... [GR] may not be as "realistic" as GRAW, but that doesn't mean GRAW is more FUN. Make everyone happy and give us a switch to toggle.

-John

Unfortuantely, the FPWV cannot be removed as there are animations (a fan request too mind you) tied to it. GRIN tried to appease us nonFPWV fans by including the animation of the weapon dropping out of sight when doing certain things. I reported on this prior to the game being released.

climbable ladders, more stats *if they do add TDM I would hope they make the stats for that like most other games have* kills, rounds fired, rounds hit, hit %, number of rounds taken ect. and more server options that can be changed in game by entering a server pw.

The gaming clan iam in plays Joint Operations.. and as jops is few years old now.. our clan is out searching for a new game to play etc.. graw has what we are looking for.. but it needs in our eyes more adding to it..

Dedicated server files.. our clan is not playing graw because of this.. without them and it is going to die..

believe it or not we are still playing Joint Operations most nights.. yes because it is fun, we have a U2 rack server hosting our game, remote admin.., we have server rules as most clans do.. (no spawn rape, team killing etc..) these options are needed in graw too..

would like the option for players to join/leave the game at any time whilst running coop maps..

Armed Assault will be out soon, and if they get it right and support the clan side of gaming/multiplayer it could be the one we are looking for..

please make graw a clan game!

LOL!!! I'd love to see if my system could EVEN RUN Armed Assault!!!!

Know where I could go to get some system specs for it?

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is only a minor thing (and I suppose someone might have posted this already) but there's nothing so surreal as turning off the crosscom/ overhead view after you've been issueing orders etc to find that someones chewing away at you with a machine gun AND YOU DIDN'T NOTICE! :lol:

I think after I lost a couple of fingers (maybe my spleen) I'd feel the need to turn the TV off and get on with business :blink:

It shouldn't be hard to let the player know they've been shot, maybe picking up an injury should automatically kick you back into the gameplay.

What d'ya think?

Edited by Phlookian

My list for now...

- Ability to increase the number of CO-OP player slots (please)

- [GR] CO-OP modes

- CO-OP Map Editor

- CO-OP Mission Editor

- A Real CO-OP Mission Briefing Screen

- Dedicated Server files for CO-OP

silent_op

AGREED... And quick save for SP...

Edited by Stormin

I know this is only a minor thing (and I suppose someone might have posted this already) but there's nothing so surreal as turning off the crosscom/ overhead view after you've been issueing orders etc to find that someones chewing away at you with a machine gun AND YOU DIDN'T NOTICE! :lol:

I think after I lost a couple of fingers (maybe my spleen) I'd feel the need to turn the TV off and get on with business :blink:

It shouldn't be hard to let the player know they've been shot, maybe picking up an injury should automatically kick you back into the gameplay.

What d'ya think?

i know you're talking about SP and CO-OP, but there is a solution for this that would suit both those styles of play, plus adversarial MP. just having the map available "on-the-fly" would let you keep your awareness against AI, and help people navigate on Domination maps. in other words, you press and hold the map key, it comes up, but you're still in the game able to move and shoot, tracking your own position on the map. i mean this is what [GR] had and it worked...