I have so tried to enjoy GRAW but….

Well I'm an "ugly American" that likes the SP of GRAW, and will like it even better once a mission editor is hashed out.

Now for the geography lesson: France is where Americans bury their dead when they are forced to end European wars. Sorry, could'nt stop myself!

Hehhehe.....

After having left it for years, let everyone else do the real fighting then just pop along to add to the compilation of "History's Finest Military Blunders" , feel threatened by a few rice farming ninja's so have to resort to A-Bombs..... yeah, spot on there dude. LoL

Bwahaha.... and Americans aren't ugly, just a little bulky around the waist some.

Now i'm off to massage my bad teeth, drink tea and terrorize the street with a spot of soccer violence ye olde chap.

:thumbsup::whistle:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm an "ugly American" that likes the SP of GRAW, and will like it even better once a mission editor is hashed out.

Now for the geography lesson: France is where Americans bury their dead when they are forced to end European wars. Sorry, could'nt stop myself!

speaking as a red blooded American, that was completely uncalled for.

I really didn't mind since Dying ment that the enemies got reshuffled in different positions. Quick saves would eliminate the Shuffling of enemy positions...

Is this really true?... For me, the enemy in GRAW always comes back exactly the same. This is one of my usual complaints. It greatly reduces the replayability of any mission. As I see, the GRAW enemy AI are scripted without any random occurance. This is also normal in GR1 and in all games that I know except for SWAT. In GR1, it was possible to create new mod missions with an enemy working with new random actions defined within certain areas. Maybe the GR modders will be able to do this with GRAW, once we start making our own missions???!!

Enemies are shuffled when you restart a mission completly, not when you load a saved game.

yes.graw has a high learning curve.maybe a bit TOO steep even.but when you understand the game and understand the AI the SP experience can be incredible,

I agree wholeheartedly. The SP experience is awesome. :) There are a few players, like the OP, who think that the friendly AI is bad but, in my experience, they are very good. The probable reason why some players have this misconception is because -- the Ghosts follow the player quite a distance away and are not always there to cover his rear or flank. When given the 'follow' order, if the Ghost/Ghosts could move in a close formation, covering different sectors as they move, I think most people would have appreciated this excellent AI more and the learning curve would have been less steeper.

Ideally, I would like the friendly AI to

- follow my orders exactly

- be defensive, i.e protect my rear and flank when I am attacked and not take too many initiatives of their own to attack the enemy ( unless I order them to go into an assault mode )

Different people have different playing styles and hence different 'states' or 'modes' for the Ghosts, like 'recon', 'assault', ' defensive' etc. are required.

I hope you would consider these points for future add-ons so that this awesome SP experience gets enriched even further. :)

Edited by buddhiraja73

Before I got GRAW I was busy playing Oblivion and when I finaly played GRAW I totally sucked!

You mean the minor differences like the use of magkia, swords and arrows in comparision to the SCAR-H/XM-8? heh :P

No :P

The arcade-like-gamestyle. You can take tons of hits without dying etc. in Oblivion. Always "run n gun", you know what I mean.

When I started to play GRAW I was not used to the slow gamestyle.

- be defensive, i.e protect my rear and flank when I am attacked and not take too many initiatives of their own to attack the enemy ( unless I order them to go into an assault mode )

It happend a few times but I suppose it's nothing, I orderd my team to follow me and then I got fired at by the enemy so one of my ghosts slided up infront of me and "coverd" me, tho I think he just tried to find some cover for himself... selfish poophole(lol).

Edited by Hockeystick

@OliverReed, will you be selling your GRAW copy anytime soon?

No - I've uninstalled for now but will keep an eye on the forums from time to time to see if things improve.

I have to say that my hopes aren't high - my theory is that with such poor reviews (and I therefore suspect poor sales), low numbers playing online and a disenchanted old-school GR community, it probably won't be economical for GRIN to keep things going for much longer unless they can make rapid improvements, shift more units and get more players. Given their poor start, I think its unlikely. :(

Still, never say never...

Just a quick note,

I'm starting to get over my first few weeks of disappointment because it is not GR.

The key is to view it as a new tactical shooter. For example, I enjoy playing proper MP Domination...and it will get even more enjoyable with some highly needed dedicated server options and tools, functional anticheat etc etc.. we all know what...(I also beg for replays), also please UBI let the game loose from GameSpy!

I think the coop community can find their game too, as community mods are more applicable to them (not possible in MP laddering due to most ladders rely on official game releases only..)

Accept the GRIN devs explanations why the game differs and move on, I suggest, hang in there and get to "know" and appreciate AW!

How can you be complaining about the game being to hard. Thats the problem with some people they are never happy. Yes the team AI is lacking but its not horriable ive played games with worse. I also think this game is better then GR1 and I hope they are planning on doing some add ons. I do think the game could have gone a bit further in the cross com use and also maybe add some training and personel profiles. I guess overall I would be very dissapointed if they made this game easier to please a few cry babys who dont want to take the time to understand how to play this game. If you want a run and gun game go play medal of honor. Which brings me to my 2nd point. Call me old school but I NEVER buy a game because of its MP platform, Granted its a plus when the MP aspect of the game is good and I do like coop mode but I will never buy a game that has a crappy SP mode even if it were the best MP game on the market. I had BF1942 and I was not a fan of it at all. I guess what im trying to say is that there are still some SP fans who buy games for the SP mode

Which brings me to my 2nd point. Call me old school but I NEVER buy a game because of its MP platform, Granted its a plus when the MP aspect ...

I got consoles for SP. PC games for me are all about the MP. That'll probably change when the PS3 hits the market, although I am already starting to change my mind about seeing what the XBox 360 community is getting. I am really impressed with that, but I am holding out for PS3, mainly due to Blu Ray.

Call me old school but I NEVER buy a game because of its MP platform, Granted its a plus when the MP aspect of the game is good and I do like coop mode but I will never buy a game that has a crappy SP mode even if it were the best MP game on the market. I guess what im trying to say is that there are still some SP fans who buy games for the SP mode

I am one of those "Old school" guys as well. I did a recent comparison in my collection a few days ago, and I noticed that 85% of my collection I own was mainly due to SP. But, I play MP more than SP. That got me wondering, "######? I'm a SP dude! Not MP!"

I dont know I guess i hear alot of people complaining about this game, but 95% of their complaints are about the MP mode. I am happy with the SP mode and I dont play MP until i finish the singleplayer campaign

Yeah, MP's severely broken. I just shelved the game so I can wait for GRIN to optimize the game more so I can fully enjoy the SP, or until I get my complete new upgrade.

I have to agree, this game is not fun, in single player anyway, its serious, it's seriously good, and i find Ghost Recon1 the same. I find games like half life 2, F.E.A.R, Farcry, they are what i would call fun games in single player, although most of the times i find multiplayer a lot more fun.

I personally find a challenging shooter FUN AS HELL!!! :grin1:

I had a blast with the single player campaign, one of the VERY FEW shooters I actually completed in SP mode.

Am I dissapointed in the MP side of things? Hell Yes! But I just can't see why anyone wouldn't see the awesome potential in this game if UBI and GRIN keep up the good work on patching and finishing the MP side of things. I look forward to what it can be in hopes they make it what it can be. So far, so good...they just need to deliver on the MP modes as well as the dedicated server tools/files.

Once we have the modes we want and the tools to manage a true dedicated server, GRIN MP WILL TAKE OFF.

Please lets end this thread.

All I wanted to say was this....

GRIN - for me this game is no fun to play. I've uninstalled and may come back if things improve.

Thats it.

Oliver, before you hangup your hat on the game... I would like to invite you to join in on a MP Co-Op and give it a try... I personally don't like to play the game alone and I find I have a lot more fun when playing with others. So, before you uninstall the game... At least give the MP Co-Op a try? Just let me know when you are looking to play and I'll see if I can't get a server up for you to try with 2 or 3 others.

Nothing to add except;

BooKoo hostiles? – what the hell is that? You are weapons free? – what the hell does that mean?

Beaucoup. It means 'alot'. I guess you need to have seen some Vietnam movies to get it.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the Americans speak French as part of their military jibber-jabber?

They don't even know where French is!

yeah, I'd be one of those Americans. And what we say "bookoo" is our version of a vietnamese word that means "a lot." Some also say "dinky dow" which would be a vietnamese word which fits you perfectly.

And the phrase "weapons free" is a rules of engagement (ROE) fire control term (Sure it's American, but it's also a NATO adopted term) which means authority to use deadly force is delegated down to the team leader. As "mitchell" you are the team leader and can designate targets to be brought down to room temperature. contrast with weapons hold and weapons tight. Any more "american military jibber jabber" you need schooling on?

I had BF1942 and I was not a fan of it at all. I guess what im trying to say is that there are still some SP fans who buy games for the SP mode

AGREED... :g_withgrin:

I buy games mainly for SP as well. There are lots of 'SP mainly' players and it is quite apparent from the numerous 'high quality SP' games that have come out recently. It might seem otherwise because the SP players are not always active on the net. :)

I had BF1942 and I was not a fan of it at all. I guess what im trying to say is that there are still some SP fans who buy games for the SP mode

AGREED... :g_withgrin:

I buy games mainly for SP as well. There are lots of 'SP mainly' players and it is quite apparent from the numerous 'high quality SP' games that have come out recently. It might seem otherwise because the SP players are not always active on the net. :)

my sentiment excactly! im mainy a sp gamer too and hardly ever play multiplayer games except on lans in the office

(yes, Semperfi bohica, you are more than welcome to say "not an online player?? no wonder the mp sucks! but let me say that I am not a game designer, Im an artist;) :grin1:

hehe sorry Semper, couldnt help myself, just kidding;):):rocky: