GRAW ADD ON PACK AND UPDATE 1.16

first of all.... GREAT PATCH. i love it :grin1:

but while playing i had a strange problem.... i used to play on 1024x768 with 16:9 ratio. while playing the screen jumped back to standard ratio. after i die 16:9 again. tried on an other resolution (1440x900).... same thing here... with patch 1.10 no problems with it....

screen with 1024x768 and 16:9 (this is displayed right on my 16:9 dispay)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/SGC...19-24-05-96.jpg

screen with 1024x768 and 16:9 (this is displayed wrong on my 16:9 dispay)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/SGC...19-24-44-09.jpg

i know... the 2nd screen looks now right.. but ingame its for my display buggy and streched... :blink:

hmmm .. tried several drivers but didn't work. tried it in singleplayer... same problem. i turned off the new aa feature but same thing.... switching between auto ratio or 16:9 also has the same effect... noone else has this strange problem? argh.... :wall:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5) While hosting COOP now I'm always on my secondary weapon instead of my primary for the ride to the insertion.

I haven't experienced this myself but a friend of mine who was playing on my COOP server was. There were 3 of us in the game and he was the only one to experience it.

Crash bug in ready for bear, only happens with the 1.16 patch, if i uninstall the patch i can play through the mission. I uninstalled the game reinstalled game and patch and still got the crash, the crash happened several times in the same place. I get the following text when it crashes:

Crash in application version: grpcrc1.16

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: damage_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\aihivebrain.dsf(0)

data\lib\setups\setup.dsf(0)

data\levels\mission06\mission06.dsf(0)

this happens between checkpoint nine and the mission end on the level "ready for bear". After gaining control of the two tanks and sending them out to kill the first tank, to the NW if I remember right. After killing that tank and starting to move the tanks towards the tank north of that spot the game crashes, each time it crashed I was either in the tac screen or it crashed when I tried to exit the tac screen.

It seems to have something to do with enemy AI. Whats happened at and around the crash time is an enemy tank to the east leaves through the tunnel you enter the area through, also the friendly tanks are usually firing on people in the guard towers in the area, I'm in the tac screen ordering one tank around the western route to flank the northern tank. Thats when the crash happens.

<snip>

I have the exact thing happening to me.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36312

Other issues:

- CD key rejected

- Nightvision on weapon inventory selection

- The number of characters that you can write in chat field is too small

Performance wise it feels much smoother than than before using forceware 91.31.

CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL PAGE:

CRASH:

Out of memory allocation 7056000 bytes

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\managers\\menumanager.dsf (0)

system details as previous link here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...&pid=389131

crash2s.jpg

25th JUNE !!!

UPDATE : NOW 5 times since 16th install of 1.16

Great cool neat stuff in the patch. I realy like it and I mean it too. Thanks for issueing it.

Only have two issues;.

1St issue; CD reject key happens alot and to about 50% - 75% plus of the players all at the same time.

2nd issue: Files dont match disconect happens about as many times as the CD reject key and afffects about the same amount of people.

I had 4 CD rejects and 3 files dont match in 3 hours. Id have to say that at least 150+ players or occurances in the same amount of time got dropped from the game.

This almost certainly is going to happen to you if you see 20-60 seconds of total black screen. Yo might as well just shut down and restart it cause your going to be dropped out for onew of the two reasons above.

I just then had one crash with GRAW this is what happened.

I was in multuplayer, I was playing Deathmatch and tactical points weren't enabled. I bought a SCAR Light and extra ammo, after I died a few times I decide to change weapons. When I equipped myself while I still had the SCAR extra ammo equippted the game crashed.

That's what I've experienced so far, otherwise all else is good.

I'm posting because there appears to be ZERO effort being done on fixing the coop connection problem. I posted when the 1.16 patch first came out about not being able to play coop :

QUOTE(DeathDad @ Jun 21 2006, 11:08 PM)

I am so mad right now I probably shouldn't be typing this, but I have read no posts about how coop play has been impacted by the new patch and need to say this. Coop is what my friends and I bought this game for. And I wish I could comment on the new patch's improvements in coop play, BUT SINCE I CANNOT NOW PLAY IN ANY COOP GAME HOSTED BY ANYONE, I guess I must refrain. I could, for the most part, usually join with the 1.10 patch, and was only occassionally dropped. I am now ALWAYS either disconnected, dropped to desktop or hard locked requiring a reboot before I can get to the loadout screen in a coop game. I can host, but cannot join. There is nothing different about my hardware. There is nothing different about my operating system. I have re-installed GR:AW 3x since trying this ###### patch. This is a patch issue. I am happy for the MP folks who got some new stuff for DM and team play, but this patch has ruined the coop experience for me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Since then the situation has worsened. I can host only sometimes. The other players can join, but can't get past the black screen to the loadout. I cannot join coop servers I used to be able to join with 1.10. I have heard this from many coop players. But apparently the developers are either unaware of it or ignoring it to focus on the DM & Dom issues. That's fine, but please don't forget there is a coop community out there. I know the coop servers are far fewer than the others, but maybe part of that is because it's so hard to get a coop server game started. There is a Catch-22 effect here, the 1.10 coop game worked better but no one is playing that version anymore, so we are forced to use 1.16, WHICH IS BROKEN.

Please, GRIN, just let us know you are aware of the coop issues with 1.16 and are planning to address them. If not, the coop part of GRAW is doomed. To me, coop is an important part of the tactical gaming experience. If it dies, so does my willingness to spend $50 on anything in the future that has Ubisoft or GRIN on the label. That may be harsh, but that is where we are at in the current gaming market.

Thanks for listening, although there appear to be very few people evening reading this forum link...

All post so far here have been noted and loged and sent.

After the release of the GRAW 1.16 patch, there seem to have a problem with cd-keys.

Some issues have been reported with the release of the MP patch 1.16.

Regarding server admins, make sure you have your bandwidth settings set properly, setting it at 1.5 Mbit can be quite taxing when the server sends information at 48 Mb/s to 32 clients, unless you have the bandwidth. As a workaround, you can start the server without enabling the new anti-cheat feature.

Be sure we are working on a proper solution. Thank you for your comprehension.

Just curious, how many ppl having problems went straight to 1.16 patch. I did incremental install and have no problems. Hosted dm(anti cheat off)...no problems....did see a couple guys try to join with the cd key error.

Don't know if this helps or not....just my observation....GR1 was tricky with the order of patches and expansion discs. That was the ONE thing that was nice about the lobby chat...being able to help others before the tards/hackers invaded it and forced ubi to shut it down.

good luck all

Edited by +FW+ MuncH

I just ubdated Graw to 1.16. Not sure what level number, but I've just recieved tanks under my command after taking out those havoc Helo's. On my way to the camp exit I killed my 1st tank then on the 2nd one he fired while I was issuing an order, Freezo; crash and burn back to desk top! Not sure if it has anything to do with the new patch, but it is after all my 1st time crashing on this game thus far.

Anyways hope this feed back helps somewhat.

ps ohhh have only been playing for about 5 minutes. Going to go try again, and see if i have the same problamo!

OK yes it did it again here is the error it gave me:

data\lib\units\ai\soldier\scontrollogics.dsf(-1): cant find member: damage_data in type <Unit>

SCRIPT STACK

z

Here is my specs:

Specs Anthlon 64 x2 dual core 4200+

2048 meg of ram

512 meg x1300 ati radeon

Dual layer 16x multi format dvd+dvdrw

320gig Hard drive 7200 rpm with 2mb cache

Edited by Flanks

Item #8 of my reply found here has been updated. The changes/additions to this item are highlighted below.

8) The new chat box display option is nice I guess, but there are still a few problems with chatting in general. Hopefully they are already on some official list of needed fixes. The items on my list regarding chat problems are below.

a) My weapon still fires off one round when hitting up the chat binds. It's like sticking my finger in an electric socket. :-(

I've gone back and done further testing on this. It only happens if you hit either chat bind after having fired with full-auto selected. Set to single shot I can't replicate this bug. Set to full-auto, accessing TeamChat or GlobalChat will cause your weapon to fire off a single round each and every time if you had just fired your weapon prior.

b) When zoomed in with any weapon and hitting either global chat or team chat the zoom blips off, then back on again.

c) When hitting a resupply in MP COOP I can never see any of the chat I'm typing in the chat box until I hit enter. When hosting I often use the "resupply" loadout as an opportunity to make sure everyone is on the same page as to our approach on the next objective. It would sure help if we could see our text on screen as we are actively typing it.

d) I would like to see access to the chat box while one has their tactical map up. 99% of the time I don't have access to the chat box when I'm on my tactical map. Every once in a while the chat box is there for whatever reason. When playing COOP games it's important to be able to actively communicate with your team while working the tactical map.

e) Since the 1.16 patch I've noticing a strange anamoly when hosting regarding the lower chat window in the pre/post game lobby. Let's say that I've just completed a COOP mission with 3 client players and we've exchanged various chat in the lobby. If I shut the server down and create a new server all of that chat blips back up on the screen in the pre-game lobby again after sending my first chat. Very strange. This was not happening prior to the latest patch.

Edited by Low Profile

I crashed when I was selecting my kit.

I selected my primary. Went to select my secondary.

The background turned into what seemed like the night vision.

Then a few seconds later it crashed.

I wasn't actually moving around, I was still selecting my secondary weapon.

It was in the night map, DM.

Got this error:

data\lib\units\extensions\hudinventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: _unit_name in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\units\extensions\hudinventory.dsf(0)

Hope this helps. No modded files what so ever, by the way.

I just had the same crash.

data\lib\units\extensions\hudinventory.dsf(-1): cant find member: _unit_name in type <void>

SCRIPT STACK

data\lib\units\extensions\hudinventory.dsf(0)

This happened while I was on the loadout screen messing around with the new "save" feature. It also needs to be noted that prior to installing the 1.16 patch I completely uninstalled the game, rebooted, reinstalled to a new directory, then installed the 1.16 patch. I also have no modded game files. In addition to this crash I noticed a few other things which I've listed below.

1) While in game I had noticed that I had both frag and smoke grenades which I found odd. I was running a "Domination" game just to test the new in game controls. After some more testing I noticed that I always had smoke grenades whether I choose them or not. Later on I found this wasn't happening anymore. Since original posting this I found similar things are happening in COOP gameplay. I loaded the mission "Ready for bear" this morning, and after hitting the insertion I noticed that I had both frags, and the Zeus. Not that I minded having both :-), but this is certainly a game bug.

2) When going back to the loadout screen the first thing I noticed was that my current loadout was not showing on screen. I think your current loadout should be what's showing when you hit up the "Buy gear" bind. It shouldn't default back to the default loadout for the particular class you have chosen.

3) There is a problem with the "Select frag grenade" direct weapon bind. The bind does switch you to your frags properly if you have them. If you're not carrying frags however, it still tries to switch to them, lowering your current weapon, then raising it back up again. The other direct weapon binds don't do this if you don't have that particular weapon in your loadout. If I don't have a secondary weapon for instance and hit the secondary weapon bind nothing happens. The current selected weapon stays on screen. This is the way it should be. If I don't have frags however, and hit the frag bind my weapon lowers as if I'm switching to frags, than raises back up again.

4) When reaching an insertion and still in the helo you can still switch between weapons via the weapon list, but the direct weapon binds do not work. The new direct weapon binds only work after you've fast roped to the ground. I prefer to have my weapon of choice selected prior to hitting the ground. I'm sure others have the same perference. Sure I can use the weapon list, but the whole point of having direct weapon binds is so that we don't have to use the weapon list.

5) While hosting COOP now I'm always on my secondary weapon instead of my primary for the ride to the insertion. Prior to this patch I was always on my primary. Later this evening I decided to join some coop servers myself as a client player. The same thing is happening. I'm always on my secondary for the initial ride in to the insertion. Am I going nuts or is this happening to anyone else as well? It's only once in a great while now that I actually start a mission with my primary weapon out.

6) When running the direct weapon binds don't work. I regularly change weapons on the run using the weapon list. When I stop running it immediately takes me to the weapon I've changed to. This can't be done with the direct weapon binds however. If you are running the direct weapon binds are completely ignored by the game. This is a major drag as I've grown accustomed to changing weapons ahead of time while running. :-( It's great to have the direct weapon binds now, but only being able to use them while walking or standing still has minimalized their usefulness for me. Please allow the direct weapon binds to be recognized by the game while running as it is now with the weapon list.

7) I like the new ability to peek as we could in Ghost Recon, but unfortunately this was not implemented as the "Zoom toggle" feature was. As a result, we can only peek one way or the other via this new game option. I was hoping to see a "Peek toggle" option added instead allowing us to peek boths ways in game. With the "Peek toggle" option turned off one would only stay in a peek while holding down the bind. When letting off the bind they would come out of the peek. With the "Peek toggle" option turned on one would still be able to peek the predescribed way, but also peek toggle where just tapping on the peek bind puts you into a peek, then requiring a second tap on the bind to take you out of it. Please consider revamping the peek function as I've suggested here. It makes too much sense not to do it. :-) It would be the best of both worlds just as we have now with the "Zoom toggle" feature.

8) The new chat box display option is nice I guess, but there are still a few problems with chatting in general. Hopefully they are already on some official list of needed fixes. The items on my list regarding chat problems are below.

a) My weapon still fires off one round when hitting up the chat binds. It's like sticking my finger in an electric socket. :-( I've gone back and done further testing on this. It only happens if you hit either chat bind after having fired with full-auto selected. Set to single shot I can't replicate this bug. Set to full-auto, accessing TeamChat or GlobalChat will cause your weapon to fire off a single round each and every time if you had just fired your weapon prior.

b) When zoomed in with any weapon and hitting either global chat or team chat the zoom blips off, then back on again.

c) When hitting a resupply in MP COOP I can never see any of the chat I'm typing in the chat box until I hit enter. When hosting I often use the "resupply" loadout as an opportunity to make sure everyone is on the same page as to our approach on the next objective. It would sure help if we could see our text on screen as we are actively typing it.

d) I would like to see access to the chat box while one has their tactical map up. 99% of the time I don't have access to the chat box when I'm on my tactical map. Every once in a while the chat box is there for whatever reason. When playing COOP games it's important to be able to actively communicate with your team members while working the tactical map.

e) Since the 1.16 patch I've noticing a strange anamoly when hosting regarding the lower chat window in the pre/post game lobby. Let's say that I've just completed a COOP mission with 3 client players and we've exchanged various chat in the lobby. If I shut the server down and create a new server all of that chat blips back up on the screen in the lobby again after sending my first chat. Very strange. This was not happening prior to the latest patch.

9) I know these next two things weren't on the list of updates for this patch, but I really can't help but take the opportunity to mention them here again. In game controls are what impact my playing experience the most and these two things are sorely missed from GRAW in my opinion.

a) Lack of an "Always Run" option.

I do a ton of running from cover point to cover point over quite long distances at times. Once you know these missions inside and out there's no fun in creeping along when you know there is no threat between where you are and the next hostile area. I find it even more of a drag when playing MP Domination. Everyone is running their silly legs off, including myself through safe zones to assist in turning or neutralizing the next zone in the supply line. Please add an "Always Run" option in the next patch, so I can give my "run" finger a rest. :-( For all that is holy!

b) Lack of a "Shuffle" movement.

This is a Tom Clancy game after all, not to mention the latest in the Ghost Recon series. Without this option there is no way to move slower than a walk which is crucial for these Urban type levels that require so much cornering slowly in and out of cover. It's always been an available option in the Tom Clancy series. I can't be the only one sick of having to tap constantly on my walk bind one nudge at a time to clear around corners and recon. Without the "Shuffle" movement we've also lost the ability to silence our footsteps in close quarters situations. Having a "Shuffle" movement would offer this if implemented as in the prior games. As it stands now in MP Domination for instance, if your the one walking in a close quarters area and an opposing player is standing still you're announcing yourself to them. It just drives me bonkers that I can't "shuffle" in these situations! Please carry on more of the Tom Clancy traditions. The "Shuffle" movement was a big part of that tradition and it needs to be brought back.

*Update*

Second new crash now. This time I was hosting the second of the new coop maps, "Mayday! Mayday!". Crash log is below. It occured just as I was C4'ing the 2nd target in the scrambled zone.

data\lib\script_network\gametype\gametypelobby.dsf(-1): cant find member: _id in type <void>

The additional notes below are unrelated to the above crash log. Just wanted to share as the below issue is getting more annoying by the day.

When playing the new COOP mission "Contact!", my team was initially unable to get in the helo. I was, but not the client players. Luckily the helo finally appeared to them properly allowing them to get in so we could end the mission. I can't tell you how many times I've had to kill a team member or my whole team at the extraction zone, so that we could end the mission, because not all of us could get in the helo. Nearly half the time someone won't be able to get in the helo because it appears way off the ground to them and won't come down low enough. After spending 45 minutes on a mission with 3 other people online it's very disappointing to not be able to all load up in the helo together and fly off to the next assignment. It really sucks.

I am getting the same crash problems too!! Damn annoying

Just curious, how many ppl having problems went straight to 1.16 patch. I did incremental install and have no problems. Hosted dm(anti cheat off)...no problems....did see a couple guys try to join with the cd key error.

Don't know if this helps or not....just my observation....GR1 was tricky with the order of patches and expansion discs. That was the ONE thing that was nice about the lobby chat...being able to help others before the tards/hackers invaded it and forced ubi to shut it down.

good luck all

i've had the same issues both ways and am now upto my 8th reinstall, but will now wait and see if there is a fix to come for it ....Damn !! i like the game very much too :o=

I am just adding my 2 cents, same crash in as posted here a number of times! Really don't think it has anything to do with sys specs as all complaints have diff specs.

Can't continue game until this gets fixed!

GRAWerror.jpg

Edited by tek54m

I am just adding my 2 cents, same crash in as posted here a number of times! Really don't think it has anything to do with sys specs as all complaints have diff specs.

GRAWerror.jpg

this one, is coming from the two snipers in the towers at the end of the mission, kill those snipers before they see the tanks,a nd you'll get through :ph34r:

Im noticed that the Narcom audio is out of synch now. I can be sure if its my new Rig or not but it seemed pretty obvious after 1.16 starting a new campaign

Also wanted to add I can see that the player hitboxs have been adjusted when being hit by Tango's but I dont think the Tango's hitboxs have had the same adjustment. I basically snuck up on a Tango and shot him with my M9(supressed) at point blank in the head(sights up). I will admit since the beginning I have been double tapping tangoes in the chest as its way more reliable then going for a headshot as I cant trust it for them not to get back up

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

GRAWerror.jpg

This is a CRASH not a mission fail. Will happen every timeno matter where tanks are located!

Edited by tek54m

Ever since I installed the patch, when I run the game, it opens the small ghost recon screen, than it goes black, than back to the desktop. I'm getting no error messages either.

My specs are:

AMD 3200 XP

nVidia 6800 GT

1.5 Gigs of Ram

XP Pro

Ever since I installed the patch, when I run the game, it opens the small ghost recon screen, than it goes black, than back to the desktop. I'm getting no error messages either.

Did you check the crashlog.txt to see if it is appended? If you had a local folder prior to installing 1.16, remove it, re-install the patch, and then load the skins. Good luck!

Same crash as everybody else in Ready For Bear

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tue Jun 27 23:57:23 2006

SCRIPT STACK

Wed Jun 28 00:02:09 2006

SCRIPT STACK

Wed Jun 28 00:10:24 2006

SCRIPT STACK

Wed Jun 28 09:50:53 2006

SCRIPT STACK

Seems like the patches don't recognize save points from a previous patch.

I've experienced this twice now. Latest today when I upgraded to patch 1.16.

My last save comes with an error. I uninstalled the patch and the save point loads fine again.

Do you have to save and copy/paste a file when patching?