GRAW ADD ON PACK AND UPDATE 1.16

Seems like the patches don't recognize save points from a previous patch.

I've experienced this twice now. Latest today when I upgraded to patch 1.16.

My last save comes with an error. I uninstalled the patch and the save point loads fine again.

Do you have to save and copy/paste a file when patching?

i have patched from the retail version to 1.06, 1.10 and 1.16 and had no probs with saves from previous versions at all.... :blink:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Brainman2k.

Come to think of it, I use this AFR-Friendly3D.exe and patches may overwrite the exe file. I'll check that out when I get home.

Edit: After installing the 1.16 patch:

With the graw.exe, save points load fine.

With the AFR-FriendlyD3D.exe I get an error.

Problem is that with the graw.exe, Crossfire doesn't work optimally (far from) and my fps drop about 40%. So I uninstalled the patch again.

Things i'm seeing in 1.16

+ Widescreen FOV change mid game - very anonying

+ Mass disconnects, usually 4-5 people at once.

+ Randomlly indistructable people, this is new, did not see it in any previous patch.

+ long time on a black screen on map change, seen this since release, length of time depends on number of players on the server. At least put a progress bar or something on the clients :P

+ People stuck in run animation, like lost packets have caused animation state not to change.

+ Rifle grenades sometimes not going off - there some sort of arming period?

Drops and crashes to the desktop are way up with this latest patch. It's getting to the point now that I don't even expect to get through a mission hosting or as a client without either one of my teammates disconnecting at some point or the server crashing out to the desktop. It's becoming the "rule", not the "exception". Some nights I don't have a problem at all while other nights it's pointless to even play. I sure hope a "hotfix" is in the works to be released sometime soon. :(

Edited by Low Profile