Blood Mod v1.0

Do you think it would be possible to add the bullet_hit_concrete decal and animation in red of course to the bullet_hit_flesh stuff . I realize this may be a little farther then you want to take your mod but myself and quite a few others I'm sure wouldnt seeing the effect of our Barret head shots ! I think it would involve adding the phys stuff from a wall hit and of course

altering the color do you think I'm on the right track ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i set the blood decal to active in the decals.xml file. i have witnessed it working maybe twice, otherwise it does not seem to show up for some reason. either this is why it was disabled in the first place or i am doing something wrong.

also when i got a headshot and inspected the corpse the decal was actually sitting several inches outside the helmet.

@*SK*TiMeNiM'

yup it's possible..a barret headshot probably needs a dedicated fx but I'm not sure that a modified "concrete" fx is the best choice (you need more debris..).

Anyway it seems you're on the right track so I'm sure you'll sort it out :thumbsup:

@rossiski

yup sorry it seems that a few of you can't see that video (u need a codec maybe), but the mod is just 24kb, easy to install and to uninstall so just give it a try (it works with all version and it will not mess your installation coz it doesn't overwrite or change anything at all :) )

@solecist

My idea on this matter is:

decals have been applied to the "hit boxes model" or to the "animation model" and both are bigger than the detailed one you use to play. They are hidden and not optimized (so they don't waste resources)

-------------------------

I'm happy many of you enjoyed this little mod (I did too when I eventually had the time to play with the game and not with the notepad :P )

Have fun :rofl:

Very nice mod mate.

I am really enjoying it a lot...Its good to see how speedy all the modding has been and all the positive updates that the dev's have given...Giving to the community more of a chance to mod; Excellent work dude.

Does it work in multiplayer? Like is this a client side only mod like [GR] Gridded Command Maps or does the server need to be running it?

The mod is client side and it should work in multiplayer Domination (works in CO-OP muliplayer).

silent_op

To all thinking about installing this mod, just do it! No negatives, didn't drop my frame rate, and the install was a breeze. DiGiTALLY -TC- has done a great job and it recreates the original GR feel visually when AI or enemy takes a hit.

Thanks again for the mod, D...

• 2 weeks later...

What's new? not much but I was testing the ROM mod and by removing all modded files I realized I forgot to release this little upgrade :P

-modded post fx for bullet hit and death (fullcolor buddy cam is an extra coz I know many of you like it)

Blood MOD v1.1

I'm going to try this new Blood Mod v1.1 version later today. I like the original black & white buddy cam. Which line in the post_effects.xml do I change to get the black & white camera back?

silent_op

What's new? not much but I was testing the ROM mod and by removing all modded files I realized I forgot to release this little upgrade :P

-modded post fx for bullet hit and death (fullcolor buddy cam is an extra coz I know many of you like it)

Blood MOD v1.1

I'm going to try this new Blood Mod v1.1 version later today. I like the original black & white buddy cam. Which line in the post_effects.xml do I change to get the black & white camera back?

silent_op

By the looks of it the only post effect edited in this mod is the buddycam, so you should just be able to delete the post_effects.xml file that's included with it to get your black and white camera back. It has no effect on the mod other than that which I can see. Correct me if I'm wrong of course Digitaly.

By the looks of it the only post effect edited in this mod is the buddycam, so you should just be able to delete the post_effects.xml file that's included with it to get your black and white camera back. It has no effect on the mod other than that which I can see. Correct me if I'm wrong of course Digitaly.

you're too good ted..let enemies hit you and you'll see the new post fx ;)

silent the post fx on the buddy cam has been ripped off, just add this:

<posteffect name="buddycam" modifier="override">

<sepia_r x="0.470" y="0.500" z="0.530"/>

<sepia_g x="0.470" y="0.500" z="0.530"/>

<sepia_b x="0.470" y="0.500" z="0.530"/>

<sepia_opacity value="1.000"/>

<bloom_tint x="1.000" y="1.000" z="1.000"/>

</posteffect>

instead of this (3d section):

</posteffect>

<posteffect name="buddycam" modifier="override">

</posteffect>