Question for GRIN

Seeing as theres been a lot of GRIN people hanging around on the boards recently, out of curiosity I'd like to ask how they feel about the feedback recieved after the games release. After all the hard work done by them in the last 15 Months it must seem a bit of a bashing from some of the posts to you guys and girls!

So are you suprised? shocked? Upset? or confident about the release of GRAW?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there EVER, in the history of gaming, been a single game that had no complaints? I remember giving up on the "official" GR1 forums because of all the bitching and complaining after the intial release. I might have been less tolerant in those days, but I distinctly remember thinking "oh well, who cares if nobody else likes it - I love it!".

Has there EVER, in the history of gaming, been a single game that had no complaints? I remember giving up on the "official" GR1 forums because of all the bitching and complaining after the intial release. I might have been less tolerant in those days, but I distinctly remember thinking "oh well, who cares if nobody else likes it - I love it!".

Funny, I have that same thought every time I visit these forums!

the only problem is that now it seems the developers are paying attention to the whiny people in forums and changing it accordingly. So the people who love the games as they are, have to deal with that game being changed into something they possibly don't like anymore. Which I think is worse than initially not liking a game.

the only problem is that now it seems the developers are paying attention to the whiny people in forums and changing it accordingly. So the people who love the games as they are, have to deal with that game being changed into something they possibly don't like anymore. Which I think is worse than initially not liking a game.

Well, the DEVS do have some work to do, no question - primarily on the MP front. But, as you say, too much complaining can lead to changing of features that should be left alone. I see complaints about not being able to shoot while running, for example. If the DEVs change that, I'll transform from a "fanboi" to a "whiner" very fast. If democracy ruled, this would turn into another CS or BF2 very fast indeed. DEVs need to deal with legitimate complaints, while holding on to their original idea - tough job.

AGREED:g_withgrin:

Edited by Stormin

I agree that some changes made by GRIN via patches may spoil it for people who love the game already; to bow to the demands of the masses, but after all.. at the end of the day thats what counts!

I didnt start this thread to wait for a response from any GRINNERS out there before bashing them about any problems the game has, theres plenty of them on this forum for them to pick through.

I would just like to get their side of the story and any feelings they have on GRAW after the release, also if they find some of the comments made on these forums unjust!

Personally I love the game i got out the box, could it be better? probably, could it be worse? hell yes! But what i would like to hear from the GRIN team that are active on this site is their opinion....after all, we've all heard other peoples and i think they're entitled to theirs.

same here.. or they could impost what GR1 had...

arcade mode...

that would be a good one for those that like quake style play without interfering with those who like tactics.

Exactly, that would be great if they would have kept that (another) excellent feature from [GR] :thumbsup:

There were several things we still wanted to put in the game when we released it - but there was simply no time at the time. We'd be living in a dreamworld if we though the game was perfect - but we're dead set on going in the direction in which we've started out.

It would be nice if this thread didn't turn into one of those "Yeah, indeed you do have a lot to fix. Just remember that. Let's hope this game turns into what we've all been waiting for for five years. Let's hope" threads. People try to make that sound somehow hopeful, although they're obviously completely rid of trust and also really enjoy being the cloud on someone else's sky. Or point them out. Even when we were on vacation these comments were common. There was "yeah, don't get too comfortable over there, you gotta get home and get things on track ASAP" attitude all over the place. Enough of that. Look, we know there are things to fix, and we're working on it. :yes:

As for the feedback itself, it's very very useful. Of course, some things you ask for is just outrageous, and sometimes it seems you're not looking for a patch - you're looking for an expansion pack or a completely new game here - but most of the feedback is very healthy info for us to hear. We're taking all realistic requests into consideration, and although it is - as you say - impossible to please everyone, we believe the game will be all we wanted it to be after the patching. Some, who have just chosen to... "be that way", will continue to whine even after that. :rolleyes: ...but most will be pleased. That is my firm belief. :thumbsup:

There were several things we still wanted to put in the game when we released it - but there was simply no time at the time. We'd be living in a dreamworld if we though the game was perfect - but we're dead set on going in the direction in which we've started out.

It would be nice if this thread didn't turn into one of those "Yeah, indeed you do have a lot to fix. Just remember that. Let's hope this game turns into what we've all been waiting for for five years. Let's hope" threads. People try to make that sound somehow hopeful, although they're obviously completely rid of trust and also really enjoy being the cloud on someone else's sky. Or point them out. Even when we were on vacation these comments were common. There was "yeah, don't get too comfortable over there, you gotta get home and get things on track ASAP" attitude all over the place. Enough of that. Look, we know there are things to fix, and we're working on it. :yes:

As for the feedback itself, it's very very useful. Of course, some things you ask for is just outrageous, and sometimes it seems you're not looking for a patch - you're looking for an expansion pack or a completely new game here - but most of the feedback is very healthy info for us to hear. We're taking all realistic requests into consideration, and although it is - as you say - impossible to please everyone, we believe the game will be all we wanted it to be after the patching. Some, who have just chosen to... "be that way", will continue to whine even after that. :rolleyes: ...but most will be pleased. That is my firm belief. :thumbsup:

Thank you sir

*tips hat*

:g_withgrin:

That's good news from Des.

How soon before we can leave Mexico City? As a Ghost Sniper, I need to get back into the woods before I turn into some urbanite playing MBC and Polling Ctr over and over again.... eww.

And since ya'll are readin this, make peaking a toggle option OR a "as long as Q or E is held down" action. Please. :)

That's good news from Des.

How soon before we can leave Mexico City? As a Ghost Sniper, I need to get back into the woods before I turn into some urbanite playing MBC and Polling Ctr over and over again.... eww.

And since ya'll are readin this, make peaking a toggle option OR a "as long as Q or E is held down" action. Please. :)

Mate, you will never leave mexico city, only in an expansion pack !!!

[Christmas]

Thanks Des and all of GRIN for a great game. Thanks for the patch and I'm looking forward to future ones. Already love the game, I would really like to see a firefight mode though.

Again thanks for the game, been waiting years for this...

Jeez you guys get fire in the belly about stuff then as soon as a dev drops in and offers a few words you act like a little girl meeting her favorite pop star ;)

I don't think complaining/moaning whatever you want to call it should be judged on the content or even the vollume, rather the tone. Just plain moaning is one thing but when people offer very constructive yet negative critisism it's very valid and i enjoy reading it (and giving sometimes).

I'm confused about one thing though . . . GRIN were touted as practically already having a graphics engine pretty much built and also that they are really fast at developing games with turn around times much shorter than the average dev house. Then on release we are told that they didnt have enough time?

I realise that they had about 18 months which is way short these days. Then, how long did RSE have for the Xbox 360 or the PS2 devs? Does it mean UBI decided to produce GRAW PC at the last moment?