IGN GRAW Hands-on!

Article :grin1:

This should bring the series back to PC close to the way it was when it departed.

The build provided to us is was only a few levels but gave us enough of a look to know that the feel of the game has definitely changed from the console version of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. While it's not completely back to basics, PC gamers will appreciate the more deliberate pacing and more detailed control over squad members.
Edited by EasyCo

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok GRIN I'm with the IGN people when I ask this.....

What do they mean by "more actiony"?? I hope they don't mean its more arcadey than GR1.  <_<

You haven't played it, so how can you be with the IGN people? Geez man, play it first.

What do they mean by "more actiony"?? I hope they don't mean its more arcadey than GR1.  <_<

-First off, they said, "a BIT more actiony."

-Second, did you not read the good quotes?

This should bring the series back to PC close to the way it was when it departed.

-Third, why not try the game out for yourself.

-Fourth, it's fricken GRIN we are talking about here. They know what we want. :grin1:

Edited by EasyCo

I hope that they had God mode on or some other damage reducing thing, cuz he got hit a couple times chasing after a guy. Not to mention he was doing it with a sniper rifle. He took maybe 3 or 4 hits I'd say.

The car falling apart is a little ridiculous.

However, the tac map looks AWESOME so do the guns and the shooting and everything else. This looks like the real deal. Time (and a demo) will tell.

You haven't played it, so how can you be with the IGN people? Geez man, play it first.

I'm with them because I trust the people over at IGN. I agree with their opinions on all of the ghost recon titles. So when they say that this graw is a bit more arcadey as compared to GR1 then it doesn't take too much of an imagination to try to understand where they are coming from especially as I watch the videos.

I'm with them because I trust the people over at IGN. I agree with their opinions on all of the ghost recon titles. So when they say that this graw is a bit more arcadey as compared to GR1 then it doesn't take too much of an imagination to try to understand where they are coming from especially as I watch the videos.

HOLD ON THERE. They say ACTIONY not ARCADY ...

I personally trust ZA and Colin more. Not to mention one person on this forum has said SF is moving more towards DA, and away from SR, GR:AW's just reflecting that. So why don't you make your own mind up after you've played it. Thats what I'm doing.

Looks like GR is going to get Game of the year once more. I never thought it would happen again...Im so beyond amazed and happy with what Grin did with the GR franchise. The gameplay,graphics,sound look superb.

don't count the chickens before they're hatched.

We'll just have to wait and see about that one. <_<

aHAHhahAhahaH Bo can´t leave us here by ourselves :rofl: go away and enjoy your holyday :)

Looks like GR is going to get Game of the year once more. I never thought it would happen again...Im so beyond amazed and happy with what Grin did with the GR franchise. The gameplay,graphics,sound look superb.

don't count the chickens before they're hatched.

We'll just have to wait and see about that one. <_<

Play on hard thats all I say Stalker.

Ahhh, it feels good to continue to keep GRIN on their toes. Don't open up the champagne just yet GRIN! I mean, well, it was your decision not to release a demo so you won't have the luxury of doing any fine tuning based on player feedback. I hope your staff is going to be prepared to do the work on the first patch. Stay glued to this forum. This forum is going to help you make or break this game.

:shifty:

Ahhh,  it feels good to continue to keep GRIN on their toes.  Don't open up the champagne just yet GRIN!  I mean, well, it was your decision not to release a demo so you won't have the luxury of doing any fine tuning based on player feedback.  I hope your staff is going to be prepared to do the work on the first patch.  Stay glued to this forum.  This forum is going to help you make or break this game.

:shifty:

Bo, we dont all share this guys opinion. Thanks for spending your time here with us. Most of us do appreciate what you have done.