Fast Rope PC GR:AW Screen

Fast Rope Inserts?

Urban Done Right

Since I'm so starved for new PC screens and videos (demo as well), I was looking through some early PC GR:AW screens. I don't recall anyone really going into any detail about fast rope inserts. I found this strange since there is a PC GR:AW screen with a Ghost doing a fast rope insert.

Fast Rope Image:

GRAW_PC_SP_034.jpg

Now this has to be a fast rope insert. The soldier on the rope must be a Ghost, notice the dreaded green diamond. The cross-com window in the top left corner of the screen clearly shows that Ghost's view of the ground. Look closely and you'll see the sidewalk and the top of the palm tree.

Bo, please talk to us about this screen. This would be very cool to do in co-op custom missions/maps and the co-op Mexico city campaign missions.

Imagine doing a fast rope insert on a roof top at night or even in a desert setting (PPU sand swirling around)...

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

I can't wait to hear more about the multiplayer aspect, especially Coop, because it is my understanding that the xbox version has only 4 mission to play, plus the hunts, and that really just isnt enough for us, also the 4 man teams.

So Im hoping things have changed for us, time will tell. But that is my biggest let down with this game so far, (and lack of multiple teams and character switching) Coop was ahuge part of the original community.

You know I'm starved when I answer my own posts... :huh:

Colin I just found this in your GRAW Facts, FACT SHEET:

Insertions:

There will be real time insertions into the game world along with extractions and there will be no cut scenes.

On insertion, you will be able to interact with the pilots via the Cross-Com and even be able to shoot at enemy below you from the Blackhawk. You will be fast roping to the ground.

The player is transported by an APC or a Blackhawk Helicopter.

I still hope Bo will comment on this a little. This is such a cool feature that we all seemed to forget about. I hope this is still in the game and that we can use it for:

Modded custom campaigns/missions/maps:

- CO-OP

- TvT

- Single Player

silent_op

Didn't the Danish preview talk about parachuting? I think fastroping is the natural and logical progression for the idea of experiencing the insertions firsthand. This is also, I think, a method of utilising the body-awareness as something other than just a utlity for checking your cover - the immersion of holding the rope and seeing your body while you slide - it will be excellent. Imagine how limp and immersion-breaking looking down at the ground while sliding with just a rope there would be? You'd immediately think - my body should be there!

Interactive and fully-rendered immersions are vitally needed in games like these and GRIN are providing us with them - not just for our own safety, but also engaging us into the game like never before.

Didn't the Danish preview talk about parachuting?

I noticed that too. I thought he was trying to tell us that the scene looked so beautiful. Now that I looked at it again, it sounds like he did parachute!

Fast Roping and Parachuting...:drool:

(Danish GR:AW Report (English Translation)

On my way down I enjoyed the view over Mexico City while steering right and left. Hmmmm I thought – would I meet Mother Earth with 300km/hour – now I could use a parachute!! and pop here it comes. The details of Mecico City came more and more clear. Nice feeling.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

Hey guys,

This screenshot is definitely from the single player campaign unless whoever did this has buddies named Richard Allen,KC Kirkland, and Marcus Brown...(all ghosts from the single player campaign).

I'm not saying this awesome feature won't be available in the multiplayer, just saying that this particular screen is from SP.

Is it just me or is that blackhawk just a big juicy target?

-kb

(Danish GR:AW Report (English Translation)

On my way down I enjoyed the view over Mexico City while steering right and left. Hmmmm I thought – would I meet Mother Earth with 300km/hour – now I could use a parachute!! and pop here it comes. The details of Mecico City came more and more clear. Nice feeling.

It would be very helpful if one of our Danish forum members would go to the this Danish GR site and post a question to them. Please ask if the player really did parachute in game.

http://www.ghost-recon.dk/

I just want to make sure what we are reading is not the result of a translation error.

silent_op

I just want to make sure what we are reading is  not the result of a translation error.

Didn't someone from his one clan do the translation? It sounds pretty straightforward to me - he did parachute.

We never heard anything about parachuting until that report. It sounds pretty cool. I just want to make sure.

You're correct, someone from their Danish group did translate the report, but there is always a chance that something may have been lost in translation. I'm asking for a double check, thats all.

I would post my question on their site, but I don't read/write/speak Danish.

http://www.ghost-recon.dk/

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

I'm probably gonna get flamed something rotten for this but tbh I hope the Parachute never makes it into the game.

It's starting to sound more and more like BF2 every minute and I for one would rather it stay more tactical and not have people dropping in from all angles and doing the stupid crap they pull in BF2.

It's starting to sound more and more like BF2 every minute and I for one would rather it stay more tactical and not have people dropping in from all angles and doing the stupid crap they pull in BF2.

I never played BF2, but I know what you mean. I hope if parachuting is in PC GR:AW, that GRIN went about it "right".

I think one of the coolest things about fast roping and parachuting is that it could make custom modded mission tango inserts very interesting (if the maps are large enough). I think it would be a nice way of keeping everyone on their toes, so to speak...

That "snatch and grab" went a little too well. Enemy forces have parachuted in the cover of night to cut off your team's extract...Better find a new exit plan.

silent_op

Edited by silent_op

I'm probably gonna get flamed something rotten for this but tbh I hope the Parachute never makes it into the game.

you know, parachuting IS something that special forces do.

Besides, it's probably a one time insertion in the SP campaign...

Seems to be SP/cooperative only, not even remotely close to BF2.

As long as it's a one off insertion then thats fine, in BF2 you can use a chute on anything high enough to jump off, man it sux ;)

TBH I don't care what they put in SP as I'll never get past the first mission, once I learn the keys etc it's off to MP for me ;)

At a guess I'd say that parachuting or fast-roping is for insertion only, and that we don't have any say about the location. I doubt it will be part of the MP, but if it is I don't mind as long as it's done properly and realistically. Grin seems to do have done an awesome job so far - I highly doubt that Grin would produce a BF2 type thing.