PC Gamer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think PC Gamer have a very similar peeved off attitude towards UBI like many of the members here do. Especially so, as the editor was a big GR1 fan so I've heard.

Anyway, they've had the "ready when it's ready" message concernign the release of GR:AW for months, so think they are just dubious rather than having any inside knowledge.

And like others have said, it best not be delayed until Autumn or this might be one ball that can never be picked up again.

Think PC Gamer have a very similar peeved off attitude towards UBI like many of the members here do.  Especially so, as the editor was a big GR1 fan so I've heard.

Anyway, they've had the "ready when it's ready" message concernign the release of GR:AW for months, so think they are just dubious rather than having any inside knowledge.

And like others have said, it best not be delayed until Autumn or this might be one ball that can never be picked up again.

Heck, if they go for Autumn, they'd be just as well waiting for the Christmas market!

That's a joke by the way, I fully expect to be playing GRAW next month :thumbsup:

Damn, and I was just getting ready to back away from my June prediction. :(

Truth be told, I fully backed off of my June prediction a couple of weeks ago, thinking it was WAY too close at this point for a major delay. They wouldn't delay at this late date, would they? Not by 5-6 months anyway. Right? Right? :blink:

And how sad a testament to UBI's record is it that we are only incredulous instead of outright disbelieving? We may need a "middle-finger" emoticon. Someone start working on it.

--Logos

Edited by Logos

I can't see them putting the game back again. iirc before they put it back to 2006, Bo seemed fairly confident posting here that they were going to meet the release date. They've already had a few months on top of that I don't think they'd need any more. The only reason they might hold it back is because of all the whinging about the screenshots released recently, but the most recent 2 shown looked great so I don't think they'll delay any more for that.

Let's hope not, but they have done it with some of their other titles, so if they do, don't be surprised.

And we have all seen games get bumped back, sometimes so much that we thought they would never come out. Harpoon 2(?) I believe is one title that Ubi did this with.(I believe that is the name of their sub game. I think it was 2 years coming in release date after release date before it finally hit the shelves, and I remeber friends of mine at the time being just totally frosted about it.

Anyway, here's hoping for March ! ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Specter

Warning: Depressing Thought Below

I've been thinking, "How could they delay the game at this late date? Why would they wait so long to inform us, knowing that the closer a delay announcement is to the supposed release date, the more they will alienate us?"

Right? That's been my thinking. This thought, that they would NOT wait this late to announce a delay has been my anchor for the idea that PCGamer is wrong, that there could be no justification not to announce the delay sooner if one was coming.

Well, I just came up with a possible how/why they would hold out on us.

If the PC version were going to be delayed, they would likely NOT want to announce it now because the announcement would get confused with the XBox360 version's release, some people would think THAT version was delayed, and it would cut into that version's sales. That would be a viable reason for holding out on us. That would also be a reason for their surprising move-up of the release of the XBox360 version to the soonest possible date: so they could announce the PC version delay as soon as humanly possible so as to alienate us the least possible.

BTW, I still think PCGamer is wrong, but the above occured to me, it is a viable corporate rationale, and misery loves company. :)

And another thing that bugs me -- Ubi has heard about thi. Why hasn't Razz been decrying this nonsense if it is indeed nonsense?!?!? One affirming word from them could stop this in its tracks. Or is it the "any buzz is good buzz" attitude?

--Logos

There's no discussion of this at all over at the UBI forum except the one Cutter started to ask what was going on. No official response yet.

If this isn't true, why hasn't someone from UBI stepped up to say so?!?

It's not like some gnit-wit with a 50 hit/day fansite made this claim. It was an internationally distributed magazine. If it's wrong, I think UBI should correct it. Am I crazy? (for this specifically, not the other crazy stuff)

--Logos

Edited by Logos

Just being :devil: advocate....but who would have thought they would scrap the whole GR2 PC...after months and months of work, and Screen Shots.

It was probably the worst move in recent memory

Would we all have bought it....most of us....would we have liked it....probably not....and would we have gone ahead and bought GR3 when it came out....saying SAME GREAT TASTE AS GR1.....you bet most of us would have.

Just seems like lost money....but I digress

Ubi has showed they have no problem bending the PC GR FAN over.

HACK

Warning: Depressing Thought Below 

And another thing that bugs me -- Ubi has heard about thi.  Why hasn't Razz been decrying this nonsense if it is indeed nonsense?!?!?  One affirming word from them could stop this in its tracks.  Or is it the "any buzz is good buzz" attitude?

--Logos

How about Bo from GRIN, is he not allowed to confrim the status of the game, as in - is it finsihed or not?. He should know shouldnt he?. And before Colin starts his "finished when its finished" rant again, as I have said before , whats with all the secrecy, its a computer game for heaven's sake not a cure for cancer, who's it going to kill if we know if its finished or not?

JF

Edited by JFSebastian

How about Bo from GRIN, is he not allowed to confrim the status of the game, as in - is it finsihed or not?. He should know shouldnt he?

I'm sure he knows, but NO, he is NOT allowed to confirm. It's not the developer's place, and I'm quite sure that he's contractually obligated NOT to confirm release dates or provide any other information that UBI doesn't expressly permit him to release.

Whats with all the secrecy?

Now, supposedly, there is no secrecy. There's a "firm" release date. It's just the PCGamer printed something that contradicts it. Any denial of that info or affirmation of the March 30 release date would have to come from UBI.

--Logos

Logos, I know all that stuff already, Im just saying it seems silly that any information is just so hard to get. No advanced game video and no game previews on any sites. just more SS's which dont realy show much at all.

Supposed to be only 6 weeks to go, on a game that was well on the way when WK saw it in Germany what seems like years ago, and just silence from all concerned.

Just seems like an un-necessaryly drawn out affair to me.

JF

Logos, I know all that stuff already, Im just saying it seems silly that any information is just so hard to get. No advanced game video and no game previews on any sites. just more SS's which dont realy show much at all.

Supposed to be only 6 weeks to go, on a game that was well on the way when WK saw it in Germany what seems like years ago, and just silence from all concerned.

Just seems like an un-necessaryly drawn out affair to me.

JF

Welcome to the Ubi marketing and business model. They do this alot.