GRAW NEW PC Screens

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very good, I would like to know more about the squad orders, like the difference between assault and engage. Or how you string orders.

Well enage would be given by your team captain on a target that he wishes you to take out.

Assualt and Recon, well isn't that the stance you should be taking in game, like getting told to move to a different area on the map, but using recon, should mean trying not to engage the enemy. Where as assault would mean shoot to kill whatever you come up against/see.

That's my guess on it anyway. Seems like it will be a simple point and click feature for the team captain, so orders and instructions (you would hope) will be easy to implement and for your squad to understand.

None of those are console. A few of them (with the HUD) are the ones from months ago. The console screens also are in 16:9 aspect ratio. These aren't :P

The new ones look kewl, can't wait to see some moving footage that isn't blurry hehe.

Not bad.  I still hate the HUD.  I want it to look like I'm really there.  Not like I'm playing a space age vid game.

I fear change. :D

I agree with you RB. The outline is too much and may make it harder to see the enemy off to the left or right. But overall...we'll see what happens as time winds down.

But you guys...we need to hand it to Grin..these mates are crackin' developers. I surely hope they stay around for many years to continue this franchise. They can only do what UBI says/allows.

-Papa6

Added: I see red diamonds around the enemy in screenshot 7...

Edited by Papa6

I agree with the Ruggster, man the HUD is so cluttered, er do you think they could cram a few more un needed features in there as there is still a couple of spaces where we can see the actual game world. Anyone would think it was advertising space they were trying to fill.

And how come they try to move everything towards the center of the screen like the info at the bottom left and right? Is it cause they think it will be more easily accesed as we have to move our eyes less from looking at the center of the screen?

The one pic of the lean shot with the iron sights up is smokin hot. I hope that confirms an option to customise what hud features you want on or off. That would be great. One pic als has a very faded HUD. HUD total customization would be just fantastic.

nice,but i rather have present day uniforms,than the space suit.its going to take some getting use too.it better be good,cause so far i'm not impressed.i'm more excited about the new mods that are coming out soon in the forums. :whistle:

I asked BO of Grin for permission to post about the HUD. I just want to thank him for his email replys. Bo you're a good chap mate.You treat your customers brilliantly. This is what he said:

What I wrote:I know you hear from me alot, but alot of us are not

> liking the HUD. That outline on the HUD is VERY

> distracting just looking at the new PC screens at

>

>

http://www.1up.com/do/slideshow?pager.offs...558&mId=2407161

> These were JUST posted on Ghostrecon.net and the HUD

> display is just too damn much. the outline is what

> needs to go. Alot of us here

>

> http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...topic=28716&hl=

>

> The HUD shouldn't distract the player as it does. But

> Damn GRIN you guys are awesome developers. I hope and

> wish you guys have an excellent future as a

> development company.

>

> Always in High regards,

> BADS*Papa6*

> www.badssnipers.com

Those are very old screens and have been seen before. They have the

x360

HUD - since we have re designed that a lot so you can calm. HUD is

minimized.

/Bo

What I wrote: You guys are cool.. can I let the guys at GR.net know

> that those screens aren't right? I'm resting easier

> now...wish I could send you a beer.

>

> BADS*Papa6*

His next email:

You can say that those screens are from an early build and that the

current

hud is form the screen I linked too.

/Bo

Bless his heart. He's a great guy. so the picture in question that will be the PC's version is: "Please click the Link"

Here's what the PC screen HUD will look like.

Best regards to BO and all of Grin

BADS*Papa6*

But you guys...we need to hand it to Grin..these mates are crackin' developers. I surely hope they stay around for many years to continue this franchise. They can only do what UBI says/allows.

-Papa6

I was just thinking the same thing. Im kinda jumping ahead though, we need to get the game for a true confirmation that Grin is doing what they can to bring us a game that no other game devs ever could, or cared to (Including RSE).

RSE and every other big dev team out there has been dumbing down games time and time again, chosing to give us linear, graphic intensive short term fun VS a game with substance. If Grin finally gets away from this horrible trend, they'll make a fan out of me for sure. Only I wouldnt hope that they stick with a title that UBI owns, I'd say break out and make your own FPS title. No other company is so poised to fill the void we call COOP TAC SIM GAMES. Thats how red storm got started, look how big they got :D

I was just thinking the same thing. Im kinda jumping ahead though, we need to get the game for a true confirmation that Grin is doing what they can to bring us a game that no other game devs ever could, or cared to (Including RSE).

Just remember... GRIN is working with an already established property that RSE developed. Make sure you don't be-little the ones that gave birth to this thing. :thumbsup:

RSE and every other big dev team out there has been dumbing down games time and time again, chosing to give us linear, graphic intensive short term fun VS a game with substance. If Grin finally gets away from this horrible trend, they'll make a fan out of me for sure.

I would just like to point out that GRIN is in the enviable position of developing ONLY the PC version so they do have the luxury of being able tofocaus 100% of thier development time and talents on just that sku. A lot of "big dev teams" don't have that luxury and must develop multiple sku's at the same time or at best on a very shortened schedule and budget. :)

-John

Good job papa.

The Hud looks a lot less cluttered, partly because it's faded.

but . . .

A: Why the heck do a lot of the stuff in the hud have to be shifted towards the middle of the screen? There is a huge amount of space to the left of the com screen and the teammate names.

B: Why does there have to be flourishes on the hud that serve no fucntion. jThe white corner lines, the three bars with the team mates health, and i'd add the com screen its self.

C: why does everything have to be on a slant, i guess the answer might be that it helps to create the sense of depth as it creates some kind of perspective but i think it's kind of distracting.

I would prefer the hud if the un nessesary stuff was just gotten rid of, the hud stuff that is kept is set level to match the righ angles of the monitor and everthing is jammed into the corners to minimise them blocking the onscreen action.