Rants, Or:

Neither RSE nor Ubi actually care greatly about what the community, the people who provide them jobs, have to say.  It's not the fact that people rant and rave about this or that, which keeps them away.  It's the simple fact that they don't care. 

For what it's worth, my experience is the opposite, to the extreme. I've been lucky enough to correspond via e-mail with more of the RSE team than I'd be wise to reveal, and I can tell you that they do care, very much.

I know of one developer who comes here.

There are a whole bunch more than you know then Para.

I know of one developer who comes here.

There are a whole bunch more than you know then Para.

But since we respect their right to privacy, us knowing and stating that they come here isn't believed. :wall: If people can't trust what we (the staff) say, then why bother even coming here at all?

It's the same situation about me knowing modders who have been in contact with RSE about employment, but since I won't give out their names. I am wrong.

Now I know how a couple of dev team is feeling right now. Nothing you say or do is believed. :angry:

I think Para might have meant the tone of the post was a little playfull a jab, in terms of the phrase used, rather than saying he thought it was merely a sarcastic reply. At least, that's what I got from the tone of his comment. :huh:

I'm not sure if you caught it, but Serellan replied with the exactly what I invited someone from RSE to say.  I took it as a tongue-in-cheek poke at my post, which I accepted gladly.

I never really thought of it that way but if it is a tongue in cheek poke at your post that's sad.

I meant exactly what I said.

:wall:

Guess that clears that up. :) Although most of my recent posts show concern about GR2 being turned into a mindless action arcade game I do hope you noticed the ones where I stated I thought RSE had talent above and beyond other game companys due to the creation of GR which has giving me countless hours of great tension filled fun. RSE and PAPYRUS the only two companys who created games you can't live without. Keep it on track now that PAPYRUS is no longer we gotta have another great edition to GR.

I'm not sure if you caught it, but Serellan replied with the exactly what I invited someone from RSE to say.  I took it as a tongue-in-cheek poke at my post, which I accepted gladly.

I never really thought of it that way but if it is a tongue in cheek poke at your post that's sad.

I meant exactly what I said.

:wall:

I'm sure you did. I just thought it was humorous that you used the exact phrase that I did. I thought it was funny, hence my comment about 'tongue-in-cheek poke'.

I think Para might have meant the tone of the post was a little playfull a jab, in terms of the phrase used, rather than saying he thought it was merely a sarcastic reply.  At least, that's what I got from the tone of his comment.   :huh:

Yes, Dannik, that's what I meant. I took it as a playful jab, which I appreciated.

@ Rocky and ZJJ: I don't disbelieve you. Really. Look at it from my perspective, though. As a developer, why hide? Perhaps I'm comparing apples to oranges, but, once again, I offer the OFP/VBS1 communities as an example. The developers regularly come on, address concerns, even the negative posts, and generally interact with the community. I just don't see that with RSE, and haven't seen it in ages, at least not to any great degree.

*edit*

That was uncalled for. Clearly, I have not recovered from my earlier grumpiness. :whistle:

Edited by Parabellum

Well, this all demonstrates why the dev's won't post much,

2 reasons :-

1) UBi won't allow them to release any information they are not allowed to.

2) Even the simplist of comments can turned around to mean the complete opposite of what they are trying to tell us.

Think about this for a minute. The online GR community feels so high and mighty. We are the reason RSE exists blah blah blah. Red Storm and Ubi owe it to us blah blah blah.

Well think about this. There are 7000 odd members on this site. This is one of the biggest fan sites, so im gunna say that there would be about 20,000 members of the online GR community. Those who post and chat etc.

20,000. If RSE sold 20,000 copies of GR, they would be broke. Serallen and co would be part of the "Homeless Bum" memeber group as opposed to "RSE" (look that one up Para, all RSE devs have been invited to join a special member group. Notice it contains more than 1 person)

I have no idea of sales figures etc, but id say the bulk of customers arent here. So why make a game that 20,000 of your customers are trying to mould into their own baby? Say they sell 100,000 copies, they'd be alienating 3/4 of their market.

Lookin at forums isnt the only way to research a software programs. They could hold focus groups, analyze the market etc etc.

Personally, i think everyone just needs to sit back and let RSE make their game. Let the sales figures be the judge. Of you dont like it, dont buy it. Try the demo, watch the videos, rent it from somewhere. But the bottom line is, if you dont like it that much, leave it on the shelf.

Sure, constructive critiscism is useful, we all agree on that. But just whinging and whining all day long is pointless.

Nice post Dan. That has got to be one of the very few posts I have agreed with as of late.

Some people on these forums act as if the outcome of this game determines life or death. I'm a huge GR fan and I would like nothing more then a better sequal to GR but if that doesnt happen, guess what, life is going to continue.

Edited by EasyCo

Nice post Dan. That has got to be one of the very few posts I have agreed with as of late.

Some people on these forums act as if the outcome of this game determines life or death. I'm a huge GR fan and I would like nothing more then a better sequal to GR but if that doesnt happen, guess what, life is going to continue.

True life will go on. If GR2 on PC turns out to be a mindless action arcade game some people will love it but for us gamers who like to do a lot of thinking instead of just mindless trigger pulling it's getting to the point of little and nothing to pick from. :(

Great post Dan. It is also humorous to find that there are people that believe that GR2 on the Xbox is mindless trigger pulling. They obviously haven't run some of these missions, especially in MP or in a Firefight version of the mission maps. There it is either think or die.

Great post Dan. It is also humorous to find that there are people that believe that GR2 on the Xbox is mindless trigger pulling. They obviously haven't run some of these missions, especially in MP or in a Firefight version of the mission maps. There it is either think or die.

Unfortunatly, the majority of people on this forum who rent and XBox or buy one so they can play GR2 on it, will not like GR2.

Most people here hate consoles, so they are going to play the game with the preconseived notion that its crap, because consoles are crap.