VBS Screenies

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's worth the entry alone just to hear Vipes and Streinger hanging it on each other  .......I can hear the drums Fernando 
LMAO

You'd never know we were good friends if you eavesdropped out TS sessions one night. :P

They really do sound like they are in Love don't they?

Dear Mr. Marauder,

I hereby advise that you have now been added to "the list".

At present, the top of the list is Mr Mark Latham, followed closely by Mr R Streinger.

After your last few posts, you are now hovering around 9 or 10 at present.

What is "the list"? Put it this way, it's definately not the top ten ppl I'd like to sleep with. Log in to a mission to find out what it is.

Such a disappointment......you were shaping up to be a very good allied member indeed. Your sense of humour alone was enough to get you through.

Guess I have to mark you down as OPFOR now....

Damn life is full of ups and downs :(

:'(

So this takes me outta the CSHAG recruiting pool?

Should I go ahead and start a DogFooker squad?

Bah! Mean ole Viper.

Edited by MarauderMike

LMFAO - nice ones Gordo

All you scripters out there -

I have a question here about the M21 when I type the INIT command in my unit

this AddWeapon "M21"
I get the M24 any ideas why? Since there is also an M24 tag :huh:

Did you start the init string with Removeallweapons this?

If you are trying to give a unit an M21 and he is already armed with the M24, it won't take away his old loadout kit unless you start with the removeallweapons this line.

Other than that, it should work fine.

ASLAV vs animals.... <_<

Everyone thought me and Harty were the sick ones :(

Gordo has taken the crown as the sickest member of the CSHAG clan :o

Hey mate- why waste 20 rounds when one 25M will do the job :devil:

GORDO

i am now concerned about your tendancies it least we like ours alive

NECROPHILIAISM is illegal you know  :nono:

Gee....Harty as If I would do such an evil thing....what mind could think of such a thing....... :ph34r:

Did you start the init string with Removeallweapons this?

If you are trying to give a unit an M21 and he is already armed with the M24, it won't take away his old loadout kit unless you start with the removeallweapons this line.

Other than that, it should work fine.

AUS_Viper - When I try and use string as follows - for an ADF Rifleman

this RemoveWeapon "M4A5" ; this RemoveMagazine "M4A5Mag" ; this AddMagazine "M21" ; this AddWeapon "M21"

Previewing the mission has my rifleman with an M24 and no Ammo - I am using the tags for the weapons and ammo as provided by Seventh at VBS Resources in the document he made available. When I see M21 I am looking for the M14 derivative, am I looking in vain?

I didn't have much time to mess with it this weekend, but am hopeful to have a bit more editor time over the next couple of days. I do appreciate your response

Thanks guys :D

Think my past as a flightsim nut really comes out in VBS! :devil:

Just a shame I finished that game with doing one last pass just that little bit to low...powercables and cobra rotorblades doesn't mix all to well. *great balls of fire!* :(

@ bugkill nice to see you made it :thumbsup:

@Para - :ph34r: - nice work brother, can't wait to let them loose - I see a multi-national SOF taskforce in the near future.

- Somewhere in Afghanistan -

(4)HMMWV Convoy

- 1 MK19

- 1 M2

- 2 Carrying Equipment

-14 SFG

(1)ZU-23

- 12 Taliban

AMBUSH!!!

yeah, that was one of hell of a moment after that fire fight. i took out two guys near a burnt out bmp. we were checking the bodies and this one guy was hiding underneath the bmp and opened up on while my back was turned, and then gordy wasted him, awesome :D here is a pic of when me and mac bailed out of the blackhawk and parachuted into the gunfight, the cobra got up close and personal. :devil:

Edited by bugkill

how do you post pics? i use the attachment button, but no dice :wall:

You need some webfirst to host the pics on and then either use the

http://
button, or the
IMG
button.

Both will ask you for the URL of where you pic is, enter that (cutting and pasting it from a browser window which is showing your pics is a good idea as it negates any typo's), and the description if you are using the

http://
button and voila.

When I try and use string as follows - for an ADF Rifleman

this RemoveWeapon "M4A5" ; this RemoveMagazine "M4A5Mag" ; this AddMagazine "M21" ; this AddWeapon "M21"

Previewing the mission has my rifleman with an M24 and no Ammo - I am using the tags for the weapons and ammo as provided by Seventh at VBS Resources in the document he made available. When I see M21 I am looking for the M14 derivative, am I looking in vain?

Try removeallweapons this instead of this RemoveWeapon "M4A5" :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack I had it backwards when I tried the RemoveAllWeapons, and it was unrecognized.. :wall:

I also just read that I need to put my New Magazine first, so that my weapon is loaded when i start. How can I give my guy more than one magazine? Is there a shortcut for that? I managed to switch to the ever popular FAL, but he only has one magazine :o/

Can anyone confirm that the M21 exists in the game? I know it's in the documentation that Seventh provided but, when I use M21 I get the M24????

Thanks all for the help...I'm all over the place here, but having a great time learning( :rofl: ) the editor and various commands.

I can give the definite answer: No, the M21 does not exist in VBS1. Have a look at the code from the game's config file:

class M21:SniperRiffle

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

model="m24";

modelOptics="optika_snpierw";

sound[]={"Weapons\AW50main.wav",1.0,1};

reloadTime=1.4;

maxLeadSpeed=1000;

count=5;

ammo="BulletSniperW";

opticsZoomMin=0.04;

opticsZoomMax=0.04;

distanceZoomMin=300;

distanceZoomMax=700;

displayName="M24";

displayNameMagazine="M24 MAG";

shortNameMagazine="M24 MAG";

};

class M24:M21

{

};

Notice that the developers did leave the M21 in the code, and changed all of its attributes to those of the M24, effectively making the M21 class the M24. That's why you get an M24 when you try to use the M21.