VBS Screenies

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Para, that Barrett looks sweet.....

Whisper_44, here's a pic of me mit my M4. I had some pics, but they came out blurry, so I'm going to retry, this is the best out of the lot, so far anyways...

Pic

I'll try and get some pics out tomorrow.

Also, there's two settings for taclights (in case somebody really didn't know), constant on, and momentary (pressure pad activated) settings. Basically all that you need. Then again, SWAT tends to leave their lights on mostly, while we train to go from low to high ready, and activate the light, and tap.

Edited by EricJ

Looks good Para, very nice, bout time we had a repeating .50  :devil:

Any change the M14 will get an Acog?

Now that it dawned on me that there's an amazingly simple way to texture high-poly models, yeah, I'll probably put a nice ACOG model on my M14.

Who knows? :) ATM, I've got it assigned to one of the SF guys in my mod. I put my addons on hold, so that I can work on an actual mod. Here's what's in it so far:

- New Wounding Effects

- All people will slowly bleed out and die after being shot, if they do not receive medical care.

- The intensity of the bleeding is directly proportional to the amount of damage received. A soldier who is nearly dead will bleed out very quickly. A soldier shot in the hand will bleed out very, very slowly.

- Immediate Effects of Injury

- When AI soldiers are hit, they will 'jerk' a bit, and be unable to fire for about 3 - 5 seconds.

- When a human player is hit, the screen will go black for a couple of seconds, and he'll be unable to shoot.

- When an AI soldier's injury is more than his courage level, there is a chance that he will either panic and do nothing, or he will run away. Either way, he won't be shooting at you.

- New Helicopter Effects

- All helicopters have dust effects by default.

- All helicopters will start to smoke when they are damaged to a certain point.

- All helicopters will leak fuel and possibly lose control if they are damaged extremely badly.

- New engine sound for UH60.

- New Weapon Effects

- Ammunition has been adjusted to create a wider disparity between the various calibers. The effects of large-caliber weapons such as M240 will be seen easily against the M4/M16.

- Alot of the weapons were using the wrong ammunition.

- The M249 now has a 200 round belt.

- Carbines have less lethality and accuracy than battle rifles.

- 50-cal ammunition is devastating. Just a few shots from a 50-cal weapon will disable a BRDM.

- AT weapons are not as powerful.

- Carl Gustav is not auto-guided.

- New sound for M16 and M4.

- Burst ROF corrected for M16

- New Recoil; automatic-fire is very hard to control, as per reality.

- Burst-fire and automatic-fire are very inaccurate, as per reality.

- Russian weapons are less accurate, as per reality.

- All machineguns (M249, PK, etc) are less accurate. They are more suited for area suppression than target engagement.

- Loadout Changes

- 40m grenades are carried in bandoliers of 5 or 8.

- More gear can be carried.

- All thrown items come in multiple items, allowing more to be carried.

- Rockets take up less room in inventory.

- Additional Units Added

BLUFOR

Airborne Rifleman - New Model

Airborne Gunner - New Model

Airborne Medic - New Model

Airborne Grenadier - New Model

Airborne LAW Soldier - New Model

SF Griner - carries M4 - New Model

SF Jones - Carries M249 - New Model

SF Peterson - Carries M82A1 - New Model

USAF CCT - New Model

Resistance

Local Fighter - New Model

Local Figher (AA) - New Model

Local Fighter (PK) - New Model

Local Fighter (RPG) - New Model

- New Faces

- Over 30 new faces, which are chosen automatically by the game. Very less likely to have duplicate faces in a mission now.

- New Groups

- M113 has been activated and added to mechanized infantry squad

- Infantry squad has been changed to proper US military standards

- Weapons squad added

- HQ squad, with radio operator, 2x machinegunners, and medic, added.

The above changes are across the board. If the mod is activated, all addons will see the changes, because it's a mod, not an addon. There are more changes and additions that I'm working on, they just take time. :) If there's something that someone would like to changed in VBS1, let me know, and we'll see if we can get it accomplished together.

Edited by Parabellum

For some reason I'm feeling there's a disconnect with the M249. It most cases, the 249 isn't a totally inaccurate weapon, due to the fact that it uses 5.56, rather than 7.62 NATO. On the other hand though, the RPK on single shot (plus the AK) is pretty much accurate on semi, while full-auto, is of course a different story.

And they have dismounted 240's in the game?

sounds ambitious para, u using elemnts of other addons? or is this gunna be a complete independat package?

Best of luck  :thumbsup:

No other addons are required. I'm not sure if I articulated the point well, but everything I listed is already done. :)

@ Eric: I've heard mixed things about the SAW. A few folks I know have expressed dislike for the weapon. Can you elaborate on the weapon's qualities more? Regarding the M240, the USMC pack has one, but we Americans can't have that. :( I've got an M240 that I've been toying with for awhile. I may include the M240 as well as a proper ammo-bearer with the addon.

Edited by Parabellum

sounds ambitious para, u using elemnts of other addons? or is this gunna be a complete independat package?

Best of luck  :thumbsup:

No other addons are required. I'm not sure if I articulated the point well, but everything I listed is already done. :)

@ Eric: I've heard mixed things about the SAW. A few folks I know have expressed dislike for the weapon. Can you elaborate on the weapon's qualities more? Regarding the M240, the USMC pack has one, but we Americans can't have that. :( I've got an M240 that I've been toying with for awhile. I may include the M240 as well as a proper ammo-bearer with the addon.

Well, I've heard the same from guys in the Service too, I would say a 50-50 like it (beats carrying a dismounted 240). The good thing is that it weighs 22.5 pounds with a 200 round drum. Course in most cases it's still a pain to carry around, and the plastic is fairly easy to break around the feed area. Also, there are those 100 round bean bags that are alot better than the plastic drums (It's more or less made of gortex type material that's been seen on plenty of mods for GR) You obviously can't hose a full 200 rounds and not expect the barrel to melt off (though games don't model this aspect, save for GR's static machine guns). But the light 5.56 round isn't of course good at penetration, but the high rate of fire makes it good for ambushes, chopping up cars, etc., as you can put out a lot of rounds quickly. But on the other hand, the recoil while standing isn't too bad. I got a short video clip my gunner took of me firing it, perhaps that can help gauge recoil for any adjustments you wish to make. Matter of fact, here's the vid of me firing it. when I was last at the range. But other than that, it's easy to clean (surprisingly, it's almost as easy as an M16/M4, even with a RAS).

As for the 240 in the addon, I can talk with my gunner, who is a scout that dismounts with the 240, or used to. Then I can get back with you on loadouts, as most often they carry at least a 100-round belt. But since I guess it'll be a more unit based rather than a scout squad, I would guesstimate approximately 2 to 3 belts per soldier, but I don't know. Besides, if you includ the 240, my gunner will love to play the game. Basically, the 240 is his favorite weapon..... while I prefer my M4 :)

Edited by EricJ

You have to rub that in :( , he'll just keep making them harder, we'll be lucky to ever see the end of a Viper mission if you keep taunting him like this :no:

He was with us when we finished it actually- just 4 people that 9 people couldn't finish. Some good work I think Dekela was only one thta wasn't wounded in the fighting. And the last objective was a lot easier than it should have been instead of a ground assault Cole used a Mk-19 to sort out the last target. :devil:

Good work to Cole, Dekela and Viper.... :thumbsup:

BTW Whisper he 's already making that particular mission harder :unsure:

Some good work I think Dekela was only one thta wasn't wounded in the fighting

oh i was wounded alright. happened when cole ran into my avenger with his mk19, buggered up me arms. so in all honesty, the mission was completed buy three gimps and a gull

cheers......

You have to rub that in :( , he'll just keep making them harder, we'll be lucky to ever see the end of a Viper mission if you keep taunting him like this :no:

He was with us when we finished it actually- just 4 people that 9 people couldn't finish. Some good work I think Dekela was only one thta wasn't wounded in the fighting. And the last objective was a lot easier than it should have been instead of a ground assault Cole used a Mk-19 to sort out the last target. :devil:

Good work to Cole, Dekela and Viper.... :thumbsup:

BTW Whisper he 's already making that particular mission harder :unsure:

Finally took a look at the link, yeah, looks pretty cool. What weapon is on the Hummer?

You have to rub that in  , he'll just keep making them harder, we'll be lucky to ever see the end of a Viper mission if you keep taunting him like this

That sure got my attention.......Time to start scripting the "real" missions. These practise runs are not fun any longer. :devil:

Some good work I think Dekela was only one thta wasn't wounded in the fighting

I lost the use of my legs before the first objective was complete :wall:

OK when you are just lying in the back of the hummer bleeding, but tough when you have to dismount quickly coz a damn tank is shooting at the hummer...

No wonder my kill ratio was rubbish - I was thankful just to get home alive.

yeah sure he was :rofl:

gordo and i also played in the snow

gord with his wep's of choice

we stole a UAZ to get to the next obj.

then we stole a bike

some "unfortunates" that ran into our line of fire

final score say's it all, well done gordo, and BTW, mission was complete, but has a dud trigger on one of the obj's

cheers......