Wikid Photos

Dan

Ah, so thats what a 'fire suppression system' does? We have one at work, and I wondered why I kept getting bollocked for hanging things on the handle that activates it. :blink:

Seriously though, if thats all meant to prevent oxygen getting to a fire (which I assume is how it works?), what happens if anyone gets stuck down there? They can't see where to go, and can't breathe?! I mean if there was some sort of accident and someone is knocked unconscious for instance, theres going to be all sorts of dangerous things about which will not only cause problems for them but anyone who tries to find them, right?

I imagine the general rule is: Grab your swim buddy and haul your fanny out of there. On the other hand, did you see the pic of the photographer up to his nose in foam? He doesn't look too worried.

WK, do you have any insight here? Oh, ZJJ did the aircraft thing as well. Any comments on the foam?

Ever hear of the anti-tank dog?

Dog_mine.jpg

Anti-tank dogs, also known as dog mines, are starving dogs with explosives harnessed to their back, trained to seek food under enemy tanks and armoured vehicles. By doing so, a small wooden lever would be tipped, detonating the explosives.

More here.

that's a joke isn't it?

:blink:

CC

Nope. Russians did worst things during WW2.

####, that's just soooooooooooooo wrong

:no:

CC

But worth noting that even for as tragic, horrible, and terrible as the Holocaust was... it was not the worst genocide in world history. It's just the most famous. This isn't opinion, it's fact. There are other genocides that killed many more people than the Holocaust did... and one of those genocides was in Russia (Stalin starving mass numbers people - and Mao).

On the other hand, the question is whether or not Stalin's mass murder qualifies as genocide, seeing as genocide requires the targeting of a specific group of people.

Again... not being political, just historical. I'm not presenting my opinion now am I? ;)

Edited by Ruin

On the other hand, the question is whether or not Stalin's mass murder qualifies as genocide, seeing as genocide requires the targeting of a specific group of people.

Genocide - The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group.

Anyone who is a victim of genocide is in some sort of a group. The people that Stalin had killed he viewed as a threat towards Soviet, communism or to himself.

3xAvro_Arrows.gif

The Avro Arrow, the best fighter jet Canada has ever designed. Unfortunately our Prime Minister at the time felt that it wasn't needed and destroyed all working prototypes and records of the Arrow...we still aren't sure why he did that... :unsure:

Edit: Some fact checking revealed to me that the reason that the prototypes and records were destroyed was that the project had been infliltrated by a mole. I still think it would have been rather easy to just move a few prototypes to a secure storage facility along with the blueprints...

Edited by cdnsniper

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, Gang

having greatly enjoyed the pics you have posted, I'm hoping to use some of them as Wallpapers or Sigs in my graphics. They will be for community use and not for profit. I will send a PM to the posters of said pics for prior approval first. Final approval and credit will go to the poster. I know some of them are already public but I didn't want to take a chance.

I understand that some of these are sensitive and I respect that greatly. Having grown up as an Army brat of a Top Sargeant, I gained have a great respect for what you have done for me and my sons. Thank you.

Puros

PS--I have looked in the thread and can't seem to find the poster of this Pic

patrol_skyline.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few more pics from my time in the Corps.

tustin5thumb.jpg

t04athumb.jpg

04cthumb.jpg

Note, these pics are over 20 years old, which explains the color.

Those are the largest hangers to be built in the US. They have been used to film movies (the second Austin Powers movie for one) in along with commercials (the Ford truck commercial that was recently played here in the US).