Wikid Photos

Dan

Hatchet, if you are around?

Why does stuff like this happen? Was it because Recon or MEU were in the area and these guys are assumed by the photographer to be among the same group? Just curious, but it seems like it happens as you said, more often than it should?

Thanks

Sometimes it is quite accidental. Branches of the service obtain pics from DoD, who mislabled them in the first place. Sometimes it is intentional. People think it would be cool and submit the pic. One of my favorite incidents came to light over at www.subsim.com run by a guy I know named Neal Stevens. Former submariners there spotted tons of mislabled Sub pics on the Navy.mil site. They also spotted the same thing at General Dynamics and Electric Boat Division sites.

2 or 3 nights ago I was watching G4Tech TV. The regular program Future Fighting Machines was on. They were talking about SEALs. As the guy broke surface, clearly visible was the arrowhead, dagger and lightning bolts on his shoulder. A year old issue of Stars and Stripes was thrown out the other day. No one ever noticed until then that the pic of the Rangers on the back page was guys from 3rd Group. It happens, that's all I can say. Pics are sent or obtained with no labeling and somebody in some office says, "Oh, that's such and such."

On another note I have been absent from the board allot. I finally got notified I am moving to Bragg so things should calm down a bit. Goodness knows Gordo has been patient as hell with me.

That corner shot is one of the dumbest ideas in the history of warfare. Your weapon is around to the right and some guy comes out of a building across the street, off to your left or up on a second story building. Get in the bag. Urban combat moves to fast for that.

Pics from ZJJ's visit to Ft Campbell:

LOL, I forgot you had those images, too. I was wondering how you got a hold of them. :blink:

:rofl:

What's interesting is that I was thinking about that visit just this past weekend and was trying to remember where I put that CD with all the pics. :wall:

Pics from ZJJ's visit to Ft Campbell:

LOL, I forgot you had those images, too. I was wondering how you got a hold of them. :blink:

:rofl:

What's interesting is that I was thinking about that visit just this past weekend and was trying to remember where I put that CD with all the pics. :wall:

Ill be at Bragg NLT 11 September. I am outprocessing right now. You will have to come out and meet my wife. Bragg, that's a sightseeing tour.